All Things Reo

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
EDIT: This post is out of date. A better and up to date version here: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/reo-the-basics.t2561/

So, as promised, let me give all those that might be interested a list you need to consider when buying a Reo Grand and Reomizer2. Do know that you run the real risk of never wanting and having to buy another vaping device. Web site: www.reosmods.com. Payment via PayPal. Shipping @ $48.00 - fast, insured, to be signed for shipping. Do not use the cheaper shipping options - experience has shown it is totally unreliable.
  1. The must haves:
    1. Reo Grand (in your choice of colour or colour combination):
      1. Standard Reo Grand @ $146.00
      2. LP (Low Profile) Reo Grand @ $156.00. The catch cup is 3 mm lower than on the standard Grand. This widens your choice of atomizers that you can put on the Reo considerably. Imo opinion well worth the extra $10.00.
    2. Reomizer:
      1. For the standard Reo @ $43.00
      2. For the LP (low profile) Reo @ $ 43.00 (So, same price but modded differently to fit.)
    3. AW or Efest IMR 18650 batteries. Button top or flat top. Not stocked by Reosmods.
    4. Charger, not stocked by Reosmods. Most Reonauts use the Nitecore Intellicharger.
  2. The recommended:
    1. Reo Grand repair kit @ $25.00 (you probably will never need it, but it is expensive to have to ship your Reo to the USA for repairs). It includes a spare hot spring.
    2. Rba o rings (1.omm and 1.5mm x 10mm) at $0.25 each. These fit between the rba and the 510 connection to make 150 % sure no leaking occurs and helps one to align the rba. Get at least 4 (2 of each size) for they are small and black and loose easily.
    3. Post screws for the rba at $1.00 for two. Get 2 extra, they are small and get lost in a flash.
    4. You get 2 x 6ml bottles with your basic order. Get some extras for swapping juices even more easily. At least 6 extra is my recommendation, even more if you like to try many juices. One is $0.65.
    5. The Reo door uses 4 little magnets to hold it in position. These do come loose sometimes. Also small, so can get lost if one of them comes loose. Good idea to order 2 extra @ $0.50 each.
Note that all mods on the site now have the beryllium copper gold plated firing mechanism and spring. This means you can go very low in resistance on you coils. These contacts must not be filed as it will damage the gold plating.

The Reo Mini 2.1 costs the same as the Reo Grand. The Mini takes AW or Efest IMR 18490 or 18500 batteries.

Another option is Super Light (SL) Reos which are lighter than the standard Reos.

Questions are more than welcome, none shall be trivial enough.

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-14_11-0-54.png
    upload_2015-6-14_11-0-54.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Great post indeed!

Would recommend you save yourself the shipping charges and just get 2 - otherwise you will be shopping for the 2nd a few weeks later!

Would also recommend a few extra magnets - they can get lost if they come out and will be a pain without them

Would also recommend a few extra magnets - they can get lost if they come out and will be a pain without them
Thanks Umzungu, forgot about the magnets. Edited the original post appropriately.

w3TXWHY.jpg

Ok Reonauts!

If you could change anything about your Reo, what would it be? I'm thinking particularly along the lines of design and functionality, but anything goes really.

For me, almost nothing. It is near unbreakable, can be washed, requires minimum maintenance, is the perfect hand and pocket fit, does not leak, does not look like a *** toy, has an all day juice bottle and battery, etcetera. With the very forgiving and easiest to build RM2 you can build and position your coil for your sweet spot and many different coiling and wicking materials and ways are possible. The vape is always consistent and of dripper quality. It has been built to to be able to vape 100 % VG as well. Would have liked to be able to use more readily available 18650 batteries.

Many Reonuts enlarge the air hole on the RM2, but these are usually the guys that go low sub-ohms. With the kit I refer to in the original post, you should be able to go very, very low in resistance, have longer battery life and almost no maintenance.

Some of the Reonauts have the catchcup milled down (Reosmods does this on request) some 3mm to be able to fit other atomizers, like the bottom fed Cyclone or atomizers they modify to bottom feed.

Thanks guys!

Would have liked to be able to use more readily available 18650 batteries.

So this would mean my new 30A Efests and 20A MNKEs would be useless? They're all flat top.

Thanks guys!
So this would mean my new 30A Efests and 20A MNKEs would be useless? They're all flat top.
They do work, and some Reonauts do use them, but the Reo has been designed for a button top battery (AW IMR 18650). The flat tops tend to lead to sparking eventually, especially if you go sub-ohm. If you are handy you can easily make a new firing pin to accommodate flat tops. A few Reonauts have done just that. If you want I can search for that thread in the ECF Reo forum?

If you are handy you can easily make a new firing pin to accommodate flat tops. A few Reonauts have done just that. If you want I can search for that thread in the ECF Reo forum?

Thanks, but heavens no! I'm not that handy. They'll probably find my body after I bled to death from a kanthal finger prick wound.

Think I'll sleep on it for a few more weeks. Would wait for the firing pin upgrade you mentioned at any rate.

Thanks, but heavens no! I'm not that handy. They'll probably find my body after I bled to death from a kanthal finger prick wound.

Think I'll sleep on it for a few more weeks. Would wait for the firing pin upgrade you mentioned at any rate.
Lol, yes, I also fall into the "kanthal finger prick wound" category. Will let you now as soon as the new kit is implemented. Also waiting for that to order a Mini.

wow I've pricked my thumb a couple of times, it hurts and it's usually swollen for a day or two....

One NB Reo trick!! put some sticky tape around your batteries and stick the end together to create a little tab. Makes removing batteries much easier!!

So what is the final price after it has landed? Just for the Reo grand and Reomizer 2 rba?

None of mine has ever been charged for taxes, came straight through. But, always a risk one runs and the amount they charge is a mystery to me as it differs from package to package of the same stuff.

A very typical Reo story posted on ECF this morning:
Not sure what to say........
So I have been looking at REOS every since I found ECF in October. I always though they looked awesome, but being a noob to vaping the rebuilding seemed a bit daunting, and I was scared as hell of a Mech Mod!!!! Well after getting a few other PV's I thought I was set and it couldn't get any better. I quit smoking my pipe the day my first PV showed up and I haven't looked back since.

I lurked here for quite sometime, just reading and looking at all the cool pictures. Then I left thinking this was something that I would never have because of it being a Mech and needing a rebuildable atomizer. Something I thought I would never mess with.

Finally got over the rebuilding issue's and took a chance on a Nemesis, so late November I got a Phoenix RDA and Nemesis. Opened up a whole new world to me!!! I had never dripped before and I immediately fell in love!! Better taste than anything I had previously tried. So I am currently running a Nemesis and M-16 Clone with Phoenix's on them.

So once I got the rebuilding and Mech fears behind me, I decided to come back here and have a look about mid December. Then JayTater started posting pictures of his over on another part of this forum that we both visit and it really got me to thinking. So I started asking him some questions and concerns I had. Started to seem like a no brainer, basically its a dripping device with a tank and I have started to love dripping. So all I had to do was wait for the stars to align and get the budget in check.

That all happened on Friday, I decided I had waited long enough. I put in the order for a Black/Blue, RM2, Button Cap. I wanted to get some spare parts like springs, repair kits and what not but it wasn't in the budget. I am hoping I didn't mess up by not getting that stuff right off the bat, but I am planing another order mid to late February if all goes well and I like it.

I was in the shop working after work, and the mailman pulls into the driveway honking away. I go out and retrieve the package!!!! Anxiety immediately sets in as I know whats inside, but I got to finish this project before I can start playing with it. So I finish up, go in and make some dinner, get a shower. Then I start putting it all together, and what a breeze it was. I did screw up the first coil, it came out a lot higher than I wanted. I think it was do the length of the legs. I knew they had to be long to get the coil over the air-hole and I failed to take that into consideration. So I built another, got it all functional. Since Serendipity is one of JaTaters favorite juices I filled up with that since he helped answering my questions. Seemed only fitting, since I had it on hand too.

Well here she is in all her beauty!!!!

fLHvTM4.jpg

I really suck at squonking, I have to take the drip tip off to make sure I am doing it right. I am sure with some time it will become second nature.

All I can say is:THIS THING IS A BEAST!!!!!!! Thank you redeyedancer for making one awesome product and all the fine people here on this area of the forum. There is more information here than anyone could ever imagine!!!!

Tommy

toast.gif

Thanks for sharing @Matthee.

Do you know when Reosmods will be ready with their 'upgraded' version?

Thanks for sharing @Matthee.

Do you know when Reosmods will be ready with their 'upgraded' version?
Hopefully by the end of the month - I'm also waiting for that. Now also have a modded Igo-S atomizer (stainless steel) on the site for $30.00, but I still prefer the Reomizer2 for ease of build and ceramic floor. Have yet to come upon anything that builds more easily, including the Kayfun, RSST, Igo-L, etcetera. Here is a video tutorial on building the new modded Igo-S:

Back