Bamboo Wick

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Cotton wicks impart a horrible industrial taste for me. Have tried them all - organic, sterile, eco-friendly, rolls, balls, etc. Boiling helps a bit but the cotton does then not last very long. So, I'm always on the lookout for something new. Saw on ECF the Reonauts were starting to use bamboo more and more. Came upon a South Afican online vendor with these natural bamboo yarn. Ordered one ball, got one extra on special. At 111 meters each, will last a long time.
VWYwCDJ.jpg

Immediately re-wicked a coil. And let me not keep you in suspense, no horrible taste at all, just the juice taste. The same juice I started on new cotton yesterday, which took 2 ml to no longer taste the cotton. And the bamboo is extremely strong (you cannot break a wicking length with your hand). It should last considerably longer than cotton. At this early stage it wicks and vapes perfectly for me. Will report again after some use.

Some pictures of how I wick the bamboo yarn. The triple twisted 32g coil is 1.5 mm ID, about a 7 day old coil. Start off with some dental floss and a length of bamboo yarn:
mdyB1O0.jpg

Thread the dental floss doubled through the coil, like so (sorry about the focus):
zaFQGSe.jpg

Now put the bamboo through the loop of the floss and grab the two ends together and the left two ends of the floss:
BpgJipS.jpg

Pull the yarn through the coil with the dental floss:
D2UVVEz.jpg

Cut the bamboo to length - I did not cut the loop to separate the 2 strands on the left tail.
buImga8.jpg

Left tail a little juiced to tuck it alongside the left post:
sHZuoCl.jpg

Haha sorry @Mattee, I think this is so funny!! I should go scratch around in my crohcet yarn

Haha sorry @Mattee, I think this is so funny!! I should go scratch around in my crohcet yarn
Yes, I agree - also found it funny with the ball of yarn in my hands. Best of all - for the life of me I could not find the start of the yarn. Eventually just cut it to find a starting point. The lady from the shop phoned me to tell me that she was sending an extra ball. I felt compelled to explain why I ordered lest she thinks I am heavy into knitting!

Definitely worth a try

Big question is how does it vape

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree - also found it funny with the ball of yarn in my hands. Best of all - for the life of me I could not find the start of the yarn. Eventually just cut it to find a starting point. The lady from the shop phoned me to tell me that she was sending an extra ball. I felt compelled to explain why I ordered lest she thinks I am heavy into knitting!

@Mattee, there is nothing wrong with a man knitting... but still I'm lathing out loud, cant help myself hahaha. I wonder if the women on the other side even understood what you were talking about hahaha

Also wanted to ask does it wick fast?

Very interesting. Looking forward to the feedback especially durability and whether you sqonk more or less.

Also wanted to ask does it wick fast?
That is difficult to say I have it on a Reo, so with squonking one cannot really tell. The same as cotton for me - does not feel as if I am squonking more or less. Time will probably tell.

You can usually see just by firing it.. If it takes it time to get hot or not. But if you comparing it to cotton then I would say fast.

Just re-wicked the Aqua with bamboo. Wicks like a dream, vapes like a beast. Once you have wetted the wick tails it is very easy to manipulate and position them. Methinks this will also work very well on a Kayfun/Russian.

Excited :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hope my wife is not around when I open up my bamboo yarn package!

Send from Android device using Tapatalk

Awesome Matthee I knew there was always a strange look in the eyes of those Koala Bears. Now I know, they stealth vape when we are not looking. That is why they are so mellow, so chilled,........constant nic rush.

How's it holding up @Matthee ? Worthwhile getting a roll?
Still looks as good as new. And always consistent size/thickness as opposed to cotton where you are at the mercy of you plucking skill. Yes, try it. Cheap enough and will last a lifetime. Should you not like it you can always knit something:D.

Good news. Here comes 1 ball of bamboo yarn to KZN. Any of the other Banana boys want to piggy back on my order?

shit I ordered the wrong one

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back