First DIY mix for me.

Raslin

Reonaut, Diy Flavour Chaser
LV

Awards
Just used mt Sky blue diy kit to mix 20ml sweet rasberry, 30 ml Ry4 Asian and 30ml Kaluha and cream.

Can't wait for it to steep. Hope it comes out ok.

Holding thumbs for you. Let us know. I was so bad at DIY, had to give it up!

I tried eciggies RY4 and tried to DIY it. Tasted more like litchi. Must have been my pg vg ratio.

But all the best man. Let us know how it turns out.

Just used mt Sky blue diy kit to mix 20ml sweet rasberry, 30 ml Ry4 Asian and 30ml Kaluha and cream.

Cool, what percentages of flavour did you mix in?

diy sure is fun and very rewarding. with some experimentation you are sure to get a winner.

Cool, what percentages of flavour did you mix in?
I decided to keep it simple first time round so 7% flavour for all of them. Nic at 9mg

The Ry4 seems just right. The raspberries might need some more flavour- we will see after a few days. The kahlua is still to be judged.

The mix is 50/50. That seems good in terms of throat hit vs vapour.

I decided to keep it simple first time round so 7% flavour for all of them. Nic at 9mg

The Ry4 seems just right. The raspberries might need some more flavour- we will see after a few days. The kahlua is still to be judged.

The raspberry strengthens up with steeping, so give it a few days - it is a flavour we almost skipped because it was so weak when we mixed it at first, then I tried it again after 10 days or so and it was a lot better - The colour will darken and go pinkish, then you know it is just right :)

The Kalua needs a bit of EM for me, but everyone is different.

we also mix ours at 50/50, I feel it is a good compromise between flavour vs vapour, but we mix for the masses - something to please the majority of vapers, so you might want to play with that a bit if you wish - More VG will make the flavour more muted, but it will make more vapor and give that full creamy vapour feeling in the mouth. The stronger flavours will work for this, as they can take a bit of muting.

PG will bring the flavour out more (like for the raspberry) and it will add to the throat hit for some people, but your vapour production will take a hit, giving it a 'thinner' airy sensation in the mouth compared to the VG.

Any way, it is lots of fun to DIY, especially when you start to combine flavours and create a combination of flavours that should not work, but does :)

Hope you enjoy and if I can offer a bit of advice when starting out: mix with the zero nic PG and VG for starters, so if a mix completely sucks, at least you wasted the cheap stuff :) - then when you get the flavour profile right, you can always re-mix using nic.

Remember that a bit of Vanilla with the Raspberry will also bring out the flavour, The Raspberry is also a very subtle flavour and really does improve with time.

@Derick, thanks for the tips. I will definitely like to follow your advice in teems of mixing without nic first. My 20yr old vapes 0nic so if the recipe is right he can vape that and I will redo with nic.

I hear you about fine tuning to suit the individual, I plan to make a 60% vg version for Gen, my wife. She still smokes a analog now and then because she seems to need a heavier feel.

@Mel, that sounds yummy, I will try that on Saturday for sure

Last edited:
I have been doing DIY juice for quite a few months now. I have found with the desert flavours I need to go up to 18% flavour ratio. Now my juice is getting the flavour I get out of my Nicoticket juices. My tobacco & bakery I'm at around 15%. I always mix in quite a few flavours with my NET and bought tobacco flavours, there I use max 7% and add flavours flavours like salted caramel, hazelnut (many others) and always cream to make up the other 8%.

@capetocuba, that sound high to me, 10ml will not go far .... how long do you steep at those ratio's?

great stuff. good luck and give us some feedback on your outcome

@capetocuba, that sound high to me, 10ml will not go far .... how long do you steep at those ratio's?
Yeah I thought the same. However I have been tweaking recipes over time and these ratios for me work the best. My DIY still works out considerably cheaper than even the cheapest local juice at these ratios. I'm trying to steep for a minimum 1 month and some juice especially tobacco blends I steep for 2 months. I have cloned quite a few flavours I enjoy, sometimes get very close to original. That is not the sole aim, if I really like a juice I mix with the components I think are there and wait for the taste. If it tastes good and is smooth I rate it a winner. Ethyl Maltol is a great additive to most juice too.

Wow. Thats a long time. No wonder that some of the juices that I bought tasted weak.

I an going to have to rethink my schedule for usage. Thanks for the info. Learning more everyday.

Wow. Thats a long time. No wonder that some of the juices that I bought tasted weak.

I an going to have to rethink my schedule for usage. Thanks for the info. Learning more everyday.
Pleasure mate. All the top/premium juice get better and better with steeping. I had no patience in the beginning and would vape after a week or so and wondered why it never tasted so good and was not smooth. I have a lot of juice in varying stages of steeping. Thats why past 2 days been only vaping my own as they are 2 months "old" now :D

i ditched my sweet raspberry... at low percentages it tastes weak(even after steeping) and at higher percentages it tastes perfumy. the other flavours i tried are awesome tho!

i ditched my sweet raspberry... at low percentages it tastes weak(even after steeping) and at higher percentages it tastes perfumy. the other flavours i tried are awesome tho!
I just made my first 10ml bottle with Sweet Raspberry (12%) and sweet cream (1%) with a 40/60 PG/VG ratio, when I smell it, I dont smell anything but the thick VG, with maybe a hint of Raspberry. I quickly tested it and I hardly taste anything. Think I should let it steep for a few days. Or maybe my % is wrong?

I just made my first 10ml bottle with Sweet Raspberry (12%) and sweet cream (1%) with a 40/60 PG/VG ratio, when I smell it, I dont smell anything but the thick VG, with maybe a hint of Raspberry. I quickly tested it and I hardly taste anything. Think I should let it steep for a few days. Or maybe my % is wrong?
Each brand of flavouring is different in terms of concentration. I use between 17% & 20% flavour and 1% ethyl maltol in all my juice. My mixes range from 4 flavours up to 7 flavours combined. I'm also mixing at 60/40 VG/PG.

Each brand of flavouring is different in terms of concentration. I use between 17% & 20% flavour and 1% ethyl maltol in all my juice. My mixes range from 4 flavours up to 7 flavours combined. I'm also mixing at 60/40 VG/PG.
Ahh ok, I was told that I should only mix 1% with the cream flavours to give the bold smooth feel on other flavours. Maybe I should just bump up the % on the flavours to get that burst, I struggle to taste quite alot of flavours, so I need something potent. lol.
Right now this Raspberry is toilet, Not liking it at all. Mainly because I taste hardly anything.

Ahh ok, I was told that I should only mix 1% with the cream flavours to give the bold smooth feel on other flavours. Maybe I should just bump up the % on the flavours to get that burst, I struggle to taste quite alot of flavours, so I need something potent. lol.
Right now this Raspberry is toilet, Not liking it at all. Mainly because I taste hardly anything.
Maybe up Raspberry to 15% and cream to 2%, try that. You can add the extra flavour rather than making new batch.

yeah, you want to steep the ry4 for a while... it's very spicy at first, but after a while it does become a very nice vape.. ry4 double on the other hand is a nice vape from the get go, but also with some long period of steeping, like the one guy said, more than a month, and the tabaco comes out nicely... well, that was the case with mine, hehe...

the raspberry is also very nice, I did some standalone and some I mixed with Bavarian Cream... and that is a goooood vape :) some of mine are still steeping.... this sunday two weeks ago was my big mixing day, lol.. even made a 100ML ry4 double... still have some but letting it steep as long as possible.. so they are all just sitting in the drawer...

the mixing thins is pretty interesting... just a tip, make notes of every mix you are doing... no matter how small the differences are... in the end if you get something that you are fond of, it just makes duplicating the result so much easier...

the mixing thins is pretty interesting... just a tip, make notes of every mix you are doing... no matter how small the differences are... in the end if you get something that you are fond of, it just makes duplicating the result so much easier...
use eJuice Me Up or similar software and save your recipes.

.. even made a 100ML ry4 double... still have some but letting it steep as long as possible.. so they are all just sitting in the drawer...

Remember the larger the bottle the longer the natural steeping takes. My 100ml bottles can take up to 2 or 3 months till proper good :)

if you want to calculate cost Ez-Mix is useful. you enter the cost of your ingredients and your mixing %
here is a sample picture of a mix i made and its cost.
ez mix cost.PNG

Back