Istick connection issue?

TylerD

Power to the Users
VIP
LV

Awards
Anybody have this issue?

The510 contact pin seems to push back and then loses contact with the atty.
If you wiggle it, it changes ohmage. I then take off the atty, pull the pin a bit out and then it's ready again for the next round till I have to do this again.
Bit of a PITA!

I now have a spacer between the tank and mod just to stop it from pushing the pin back.

Anybody have this issue?

If you wiggle it, it changes ohmage. I then take off the atty, pull the pin a bit out and then it's ready again for the next round till I have to do this again.
Bit of a PITA!

I now have a spacer between the tank and mod just to stop it from pushing the pin back.

That sucks, sounds like another trip to the dentist like the MVP(dental floss wrapped underneath the pin to raise it up). Luckily I haven't had that problem yet but I've been using the adapter it came with from the start, in fact I think Ive taken the adapter off 3 times haha :blush:

Random info inbound: I was up late last night looking for pictures of istick tear-downs and found one dude who swapped out his 510 connection with a FDV 510 and a battery swop using a 18650 3200mah Panasonic NCR18650BD (haven't seen a picture of the battery installed yet though)
dPxGlSi.jpg

Fua3irz.jpg

QRJgG6i.png

Have no idea why he didnt just use this one from FDV :wondering:
1672746.jpg

Anybody have this issue?

Bit of a PITA!

I haven't had the issue either - what atty are you using?

You could probably get one of the rotating thingamajigs (it gives you a spring loaded 510)...that might solve your problem :)

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/istick-mod-bending-adapter-new-pre-release-first-look.6793/

Does anyone know which atties seem to be causing a problem for the iStick pin?

@TylerD, is this with the kanger Aerotank? I assume its fine with the mPT3 because you use the 510/ego adapter

Looks like that adapter thingy may be what is needed to help the life of the thread and that pin issue

By the way, does anyone know where one can get a simple 510 to 510 adapter?

I recall someone wanted one a while back for a non-LP Reo. I just cant remember if it was available. Was it you @MurderDoll?

The 510/ego adapter in the kit works fine for ego threaded devices but for 510 devices one needs something else.

I recall someone wanted one a while back for a non-LP Reo. I just cant remember if it was available. Was it you @MurderDoll?

The 510/ego adapter in the kit works fine for ego threaded devices but for 510 devices one needs something else.

Yeah. It was me.

I managed to get a 510/ego adaptor.
I test fitted it on my Reo mini.
Unfortunately that's as far as I ever got due to it looking horrible on the Reo I didn't bother testing any further.

Yeah. It was me.

I managed to get a 510/ego adaptor.
I test fitted it on my Reo mini.
Unfortunately that's as far as I ever got due to it looking horrible on the Reo I didn't bother testing any further.

I thought you were trying to find a 510/510 adapter so you could put an atty on top?

Does anyone know which atties seem to be causing a problem for the iStick pin?

@TylerD, is this with the kanger Aerotank? I assume its fine with the mPT3 because you use the 510/ego adapter

Looks like that adapter thingy may be what is needed to help the life of the thread and that pin issue
Yes, I'm using an Aerotanlk @Silver . I will play with the adapter a bit.

VapeMob has some 510 to 510 adapters on their site but they are out of stock.

https://www.vapemob.co.za/product/reo-510-510-adapters/

A 1-1.5mm O-Ring may help to prevent the problem of over tightening the atty, or issues with certain atomizers having slightly longer 510 pins.

Ok, so I have screwed in the 510 connector and it's working a charm. Srew it in just a bit and then secure it with the beauty ring. Thanks guys!

Hi all, had the same problem. My Istick stoped fireing at times for about 2 weeks now. Irritating as hell:-@. It would read normal 1.2 ohm and then suddenly 0 ohm, like there was nothing there or a dead short, hence the fault atomizer short. What happened basically was the insulator on the center pin begun to deteriorate. Device less than a month old though. Suppose it was made on a Friday? All fixed now :dance:, was waiting for a 510 ext to strip and use the insulator on it. I know hana's also have the same 510 connection, had this problem with a clone from Hcigar.20141219_161735.jpg 20141219_161815.jpg 20141219_162211.jpg 20141219_163123.jpg

Hi all, had the same problem. My Istick stoped fireing at times for about 2 weeks now. Irritating as hell:-@. It would read normal 1.2 ohm and then suddenly 0 ohm, like there was nothing there or a dead short, hence the fault atomizer short. What happened basically was the insulator on the center pin begun to deteriorate. Device less than a month old though. Suppose it was made on a Friday? All fixed now :dance:, was waiting for a 510 ext to strip and use the insulator on it. I know hana's also have the same 510 connection, had this problem with a clone from Hcigar.View attachment 17926 View attachment 17927 View attachment 17928 View attachment 17929

Awesome stuff bud :clap:

Back