Load shedding.. are you prepared ??

Marzuq

Goofy Guru
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
So this morning while drinking my coffee. Everything just went off. Seems stage 2 load shedding is in effect...

The question is, are you prepared ??

Why yes I am. 2 fully charged 18650 for my grand
2 fully charged 18500 for my mini
And a 18500 in vexy which is pretty much full too

20141122_083131.jpg

My electricity has been out since 8am, lucky for me I charged some of my batteries last night.

On the flip side though, when you can't do much without electricity you tend to vape more, hope my juice stock lasts lol

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Same here,no power....caught me pre coffee!
2x18650's fully charged,2 in use and an 18350 in the hammer

I only have two 18500 batteries for my mini. Fully charged for now

Laptop = Charged.
Netbook = Charged.
iPad = Charged.
Phones = Charged.
EvicS = Charged.
2x eGo = Charged.
Passthrough eGo = Charged.

The only thing that I use a lot but doesn't have backup is this PC...

I am ready as well :)

Our power goes at ten, or so they say

3 x 18650 charged
Phone charged
Mifi Charged

Am out at the moment. So not sure if power off at home.

Doesn't pose a big problem though. I always have the MVP charged and ready for 3 tanks of an Evod.

Nitecore charger can use the car if really needed

And I have spare batteries for my laptop. Call me paranoid. I can go for about 30 hours or so.

Power back online. But scheduled to go off again at 8am tomoro.

Well thankfully I have plenty of batteries and in a vape emergency I can fire up the generator so I'm sorted! However my main PC blew a power supply yesterday with the load shedding so I'm using an old really slow Laptop until my techie can get here to fix it... so I will be scarce until then because this Laptop is really frustrating... small screen kak keyboard and slow... :-(

Well thankfully I have plenty of batteries and in a vape emergency I can fire up the generator so I'm sorted! However my main PC blew a power supply yesterday with the load shedding so I'm using an old really slow Laptop until my techie can get here to fix it... so I will be scarce until then because this Laptop is really frustrating... small screen kak keyboard and slow... :-(

Sorry to hear about the power supply Rob
Hope you get sorted soon.
What about using the iPad?

Mine just went off oh well

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416647296144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416647296144.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 35
I was reading this thread thinking, "fresh spinner2, iStick been on charge for an hour plus the MVP on standby, I'll be good for a day or two" and the screen went black.
At least I know that even when unprepared, I can survive whatever Eskom throws my way.:finger:

Sorry to hear about the power supply Rob
Hope you get sorted soon.
What about using the iPad?

I could use one of many devices Hi Ho @Silver... but I'm a creature of habit and like my two big screens and my normal keyboard and mouse etc and my PC is set up with shortcuts and links and everything... but rescue is at hand and my technical man is on his way with a spare power supply! :)

My iPad and iPhone is more for a reading the forums device rather than an writing threads one. ;-)

20141122_120859.jpg My power has been out since 8 am. just came back on and a good thing also as my istick only has less then 10 percent left. lucky have a spinner 2 fully charged at all times encase of emergencies. I need more mods ;(.

Last edited:
but rescue is at hand and my technical man is on his way with a spare power supply!

Bummer! :-@

The issue is not with the Power Supply! It's a motherboard issue and of course I have a generation i7 Processor that doesn't fit the new boards! So I'm on this mickey mouse notebook till Tuesday! :doh:

Back