Problem with starter kit.

Smokey_Robinson

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Guys......just one question.

My rig is a digicig one, with a 650mha battery. Getting the idea it's not charging one as it should. Can I just replace it with a stronger 900mha battery? Then I read there are different types, refering to coils, how do I know which one I can buy? It also seems the taste is not as strong as before and the TH is not as strong.....could it be the coil? Can one clean the coil? I have this rig about three weeks now.

Any suggestions will be welcome, don't want to relapse to stinkies!!!!

hi @Smokey_Robinson

im not familiar with your rig/setup, but using stronger battery wont help, the battery will just last longer.
seeing as you said your setup is 3 weeks old, i would put my money on the fact that your coils is dirty, or done for, and you would need to replace your coil.

coils usually last 2 - 3 weeks, sometimes 4 if you dont vape alot.

best would be to go back to where you bought it and ask if they stock the coils, maybe someone here knows what coils your setup uses aswell.

hope you come right

I don't know the digcig brand at all, but I am 100% sure you can replace with any higher capacity battery. Coils are normally brand/model depended, although certain coils are brand/model interchangeable. If the TH and flavor go down, then its definitely coils that needs to be replaced.

Just hang 10 for a while, members with knowledge regarding your setup will chime in asap.

i googles some pics, but i cannot tell if the coil can be removed from the tank or not.

can you maybe post a picture of the tank section, or see if the coil can screw out?

if the coil cannot be removed i would suggest getting a different tank where the coils can be replaced :)

ive not seen one of those setups either and from the pics on google cannot tell if you can change the coils.

from what i can see its a disposable e-cig with a max of 400 puffs.
if you have the DIGI EXP IS LAST 350 puffs at which point you will need to change the cartomizer

with this in mind i would recommend you look at a different device such as a vv spinner and nautilus mini

Guys this is what I could remove this far.....not sure but is this the coil and the atomizer? Not glued up with e-cig anatomy :)
Thanks everyone for your assistance @PeterHarris @johan @TylerD @Marzuq
ok that looks like a mini protank 2 or 3 clone, you can grip on that chimney part (tube with the lines on it_ and just screw it off.)

then send a pic of just the coil so we can advise if you must get mini protank 2 or 3 coils :)

Guys this is what I could remove this far.....not sure but is this the coil and the atomizer? Not glued up with e-cig anatomy :)
Thanks everyone for your assistance @PeterHarris @johan @TylerD @Marzuq

apologies mate. i just did some more reading. and the digi one and digi pro has interchangeable coils. you can get them at the shop you bought your device from. they have 3 options in coils. one, pro and cr2

Sorry guys work pc keeps blocking posting picture. Here it is. I took it and cleaned it and now the wick or thread or whatever you call the material has pulled out.....erm suppose I can't place it back? The section inside in the middle was brownish black colour.

Attachments

• IMG_20141022_135914.jpg
    IMG_20141022_135914.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 49
Sorry guys work pc keeps blocking posting picture. Here it is. I took it and cleaned it and now the wick or thread or whatever you call the material has pulled out.....erm suppose I can't place it back? The section inside in the middle was brownish black colour.
ok that looks like a standard pro tank 3 coil, the kangertech v2 coils might also work.

most of the retailers on this forum should stock what you need :)

i believe you will need to go buy a new coil now.
you can clean your coils and dry burn them and get a little more use out of them but im a believer in just replacing the coil altogether

Hi @Smokey_Robinson - that looks a lot like a KangerTech mini ProTank 2, but the coil appears slightly different. As Marzuq says, go to the shop/site you bought it from and get some new ones. They typically aren't expensive, a box of 5 should be no more than R200 but prices do vary a lot.

I flush my coils by pouring hot water from the kettle into the inverted base so that it runs through the coil (obviously removed from the tank, held with tweezers) to clean them. I do this at re-fill time, usually once a day for each of my tanks, and this tends to make them last.

If you're patient you can try re-threading some cotton-wool through the coil as a replacement wick - this tends to work better than the original Silica, but isn't burn-proof. I use Johnson's '100% Pure Cotton' sterile cotton-wool and it works well - just don't try to put too much in as it swells when soaked.

I get about three times the normal life from my coils when I dryburn them once a week, works great.

I started building my own coils a few days ago, very satisfying hobby.......and stil learning.

Hi @Smokey_Robinson - that looks a lot like a KangerTech mini ProTank 2, but the coil appears slightly different. As Marzuq says, go to the shop/site you bought it from and get some new ones. They typically aren't expensive, a box of 5 should be no more than R200 but prices do vary a lot.

I flush my coils by pouring hot water from the kettle into the inverted base so that it runs through the coil (obviously removed from the tank, held with tweezers) to clean them. I do this at re-fill time, usually once a day for each of my tanks, and this tends to make them last.

If you're patient you can try re-threading some cotton-wool through the coil as a replacement wick - this tends to work better than the original Silica, but isn't burn-proof. I use Johnson's '100% Pure Cotton' sterile cotton-wool and it works well - just don't try to put too much in as it swells when soaked.

ive dont this once or twice with my kangetech coils when i started out too. it does work. solid advice!

Hi @360twin.

Many thanks on the cleaning advice will do that. I don't think my skills level is yet there for me to try replacing the thread or built one :-( I have emailed Digicig, and just waiting for Graham to confirm they have coils in stock. I ordered a few @ R35 one, for the future. After "breaking" the thread I really got nervous, having only one E-cig, and stuff taking a week via courier from the Cape. Went to local Pick 'n Pay and discovered they had 2 kits for sale from Evolve/Freshcig. Took a chance and charged it for 8hours last night, as it has a 1100mha battery and using it today.....will be my "vaping on the river while flyfishing e-cig". Comes in nice looking metal bin, but e-juice was 0ml strawberry :-( Luckily got enough stock from yesterday's courier drop.

Attachments

• freshcig.jpg
    freshcig.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 18
@Smokey_Robinson You definitely need more than one device, even if you only vape one flavour, particularly for times like this.

If there's a risk of going back to analogues, the cost of an extra tank and/or battery is minimal - particularly as there are currently some decent tanks available at very reasonable prices (like a mini ProTank 3 at just over R100, for eg.). Not being able to pop into the local cafe for some new coils is a drawback to vaping, although I'm sure it's a bit easier in the big cities than it is in Viljoenskroon (and I don't even know where that is :p)

Nice to hear that you could get something from the local P'n'P - kudos to them for stocking these! Glad you got sorted.

@Smokey_Robinson You definitely need more than one device, even if you only vape one flavour, particularly for times like this.

If there's a risk of going back to analogues, the cost of an extra tank and/or battery is minimal - particularly as there are currently some decent tanks available at very reasonable prices (like a mini ProTank 3 at just over R100, for eg.). Not being able to pop into the local cafe for some new coils is a drawback to vaping, although I'm sure it's a bit easier in the big cities than it is in Viljoenskroon (and I don't even know where that is :p)

Nice to hear that you could get something from the local P'n'P - kudos to them for stocking these! Glad you got sorted.

Hi @360twin. Viljoenskroon lies smack dap in the middle of Klerksdorp/Potchefstroom/Kroonstad and Welkom. One plus point is it's proximity to the Vaal river, which helps with the fly fishing addiction (for smallmouth yellowfish) :)
Already doing some thinking and sums in my head to get a Vision Spinner2 with a Nautilus mini tank, as the more mobile option and then maybe a innokin Mvp2 also with a nautilus tank for home. But that will have to wait till after November's Tigerfishing expedition :)

Hi @360twin. Viljoenskroon lies smack dap in the middle of Klerksdorp/Potchefstroom/Kroonstad and Welkom. One plus point is it's proximity to the Vaal river, which helps with the fly fishing addiction (for smallmouth yellowfish) :)
Already doing some thinking and sums in my head to get a Vision Spinner2 with a Nautilus mini tank, as the more mobile option and then maybe a innokin Mvp2 also with a nautilus tank for home. But that will have to wait till after November's Tigerfishing expedition :)

There is a Vape King in Klerksdorp FYI

xklerksdorp.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Iid-Tyks3k.jpg

Annemarie & Molliere Daffue
Klerksdorp Agent
69 Williams Street, Wilkoppies 2571 - Tel: 083 648 8646 / 072 085 3989 / 018 468 3468
molliere105@gmail.com / amiedaffue@gmail.com

There is a Vape King in Klerksdorp FYI

xklerksdorp.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Iid-Tyks3k.jpg

Annemarie & Molliere Daffue
Klerksdorp Agent
69 Williams Street, Wilkoppies 2571 - Tel: 083 648 8646 / 072 085 3989 / 018 468 3468
molliere105@gmail.com / amiedaffue@gmail.com

@Wesley......call me a monkey's uncle!!!! Bloody google...if you put in e-cig and Klerksdorp it doesn't throw it out!!! Thanks a million. Pressume they will supply everything the website has and at the same prices more or less?

@Smokey_Robinson

Same price - suggest you phone first to check if they have your wanted items in stock. But they should have plenty of Vision Spinners and Nauties, they are popular products.

Definitely pop in there before you buy anything, it really helps to see and feel the goodies in your hands before making any decisions.

Although chances are seeing all the cool stuff may make you spend a bit more than you planned for. :D

Back