Segelei Zmax V3

Nightfearz

Vape Connoisseur
LV

Awards
I dropped my zmax the other day and it seems some of the internals shifted a bit. the LCD display is not centre anymore and the fie button is harder to press. I can still vape it, but it bothers me seeing as I have a little CDO (that is OCD spelled in the correct order)

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Try a little percussive maintenance (a few firm taps), if that doesn't work try dropping it again but in reverse, or you may have to resort to opening it up and realigning everything.

The top of the sigelei can come off, then you can shove something in there to push the electronic bits down

Now to get the top off - it's tough, you need leverage, so if you are willing to risk a tank, put a tank on there and wiggle it back and forth, but be careful, the wires are *just* long enough, so don't yank them off.

Alternatively, if you can find the right size of socket to put over the 501/evod connection you might be able to wiggle it off like that

Thanks Derick.

Im slowly considering using the inners of the segelei as parts for my own box mod thingy... that way i dont have to buy any,

Thanks Derick.

Im slowly considering using the inners of the segelei as parts for my own box mod thingy... that way i dont have to buy any,

you could do that aswell , once you pop the cap off if press fitted will always be loose.

i popped off one from an evod vv battery and since that day its never a tight fit

Thanks Derick.

Yep - that would work too - the outer button of the segelei (that see through one) just presses on the actual button of the electronics below - although I have never taken the electronics out to confirm, I suspect it is a nice compact unit that you should be able to transplant easily enough

Your google-fu is impressive indeed.
I saw that post earlier (before i posted on the forum) but i have subsequently learned that i have a V5 not a V3. Infact it is the one my brother got from you, which I then got from him.

To all other readers, Derick does NOT sell defective stuff, I dropped this one from a dizzy height onto a concrete floor...

Your google-fu is impressive indeed.
I saw that post earlier (before i posted on the forum) but i have subsequently learned that i have a V5 not a V3. Infact it is the one my brother got from you, which I then got from him.

To all other readers, Derick does NOT sell defective stuff, I dropped this one from a dizzy height onto a concrete floor...
Heh, thanks :)

I think the V5 uses different electronics, but the principle of opening should still be the same - there are some youtube vids out there where people open other mods - they end up making a 'tool' for themselves to open up the mods - they take the correct diameter pipe and cut an ego thread into it, then screw the pipe over the connection. This gives you enough leverage to wiggle the press-fit loose

Back