The Atomic Thread

devdev

respice adspice prospice
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Collected my Atomic from @JakesSA and @VapeGrrl yesterday, modded to BF.

I am simply astounded by how well it performs. Crack the airholes wide open with a 0.5 ohm dual coil on the Reo and I am approaching @Silver territory within three hits.

@Alex mentioned that this thing was awesome, and he is spot on. This is on a par with the Cyclops in terms of clouds and the throat hit and flavour is better.

Anyway, since we do not have a thread for the Atomic in Reoville I thought I would start this. It is very deserving of its own area of discussion.

Also thanks @Rob Fisher for the Rayon - this is different to the Rayon I got before and offers much better presentation of flavour

Brilliant! Really looking forward to getting my Atomic from Vape Club tomorrow :D

Nice thread @devdev
this is how mine has been running for the past couple of days. Dual 6wrap twisted 28g micro coil metering in at around .4ohms. this thing is a beast!
6aqa7ata.jpg

And this is what it looks like om my reo mini
6uhy9a2u.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Nice thread @devdev
this is how mine has been running for the past couple of days. Dual 6wrap twisted 28g micro coil metering in at around .4ohms. this thing is a beast!
6aqa7ata.jpg

And this is what it looks like om my reo mini
6uhy9a2u.jpg

Nice coil, and nice Mini @Cape vaping supplies! I am waiting the arrival of my mini [HASHTAG]#winning[/HASHTAG].

Are you using Rayon or cotton in that build?

Nice coil, and nice Mini @Cape vaping supplies! I am waiting the arrival of my mini [HASHTAG]#winning[/HASHTAG].

Are you using Rayon or cotton in that build?
rayon in that build however I find that the flavor is excellent if its wicked properly with rayon but vapor production is a bit starved compared to cotton

rayon in that build however I find that the flavor is excellent if its wicked properly with rayon but vapor production is a bit starved compared to cotton

Possibly not wicking fast enough? I find with the small airholes the Rayon battles to wick nicely if you try lung hit. It doesn't carry juice as quickly as cotton.

Since getting the cyclops and now the atomic I am fast becoming only a lung hitter

Possibly not wicking fast enough? I find with the small airholes the Rayon battles to wick nicely if you try lung hit. It doesn't carry juice as quickly as cotton.

Since getting the cyclops and now the atomic I am fast becoming only a lung hitter
possibly yes. I have moved down to 6mg I think 3weeks or so now and loving it. I am only doing lung hits. wonder how @TylerD is doing with his drop in nic

Also got one at the meet and really like it. Don't have my Reo yet, but using it on the launcher and it's really good. It's a battle between my Atomic, Zenith V2 and my Plume Veil. All 3 of them are really great and can't really pick a winner at this point.

possibly yes. I have moved down to 6mg I think 3weeks or so now and loving it. I am only doing lung hits. wonder how @TylerD is doing with his drop in nic

I'm loving it!
I did however go back to 12mg a few times just to get a bit of a kick at night. I will get there. Might take a bit f time.

Last night I built a new coil in the Atomic, the previous build was amazing with dual coils @0.5 ohms, but using a 1.4mm ID.

I built the same setup, except using a 2mm ID, but I've just gone back to a 1.4 ID now. I don't like the bigger coils in here at all. For me I get much better performance.

I finally sat down and built a dual coil for my new Atomic... 28g microcoils 0,7Ω. Broke the first leg tightening the screws... started over and second time around managed... put some awesome Rayon wicks into the coils and popped the cap on... then the epic fail... it won't screw all the way into the REO LP/SL. :-@

Dual Coil 001.JPG
Checked my bottom fed Magma and Plume Veil and they both fit fine... so I guess the threads on this Atomic are not that lekker.

I had the same problem with 2 guys reos I just turned it hard and it went right down all threads of reo is still perfdct

@Rob Fisher

Have you tried fitting the BF Atomic on any of your other Reos?

Like mentioned in another thread, my BF Atomic fits one Reo but not the other.

@Rob Fisher

Have you tried fitting the BF Atomic on any of your other Reos?

Like mentioned in another thread, my BF Atomic fits one Reo but not the other.

I only have one LP at the moment because I sold the others last week @Jimbo... I only have a standard and woodvils left apart from my one LP. I have 2 LP/SL's in bound! ;)

A big thank you to Vape Club for the awesome Atomic modified to bottom feed. I am still trying to figure out my perfect vape with this little beaut. Will revert back as soon as I find that spot :D

Thanks @VapeGrrl & @JakesSA for the wonderful service. Always appreciated :clap:

IMG_20140902_134016.jpg

Ok, so I had just short of a full day the Atomic on the Reo.

I built dual coils on a blunt needle tip. 8 wraps gave me around 0.7 ohms (I know its not low enough lol). I wicked it with rayon. I still need to try cotton with this build. I must say I am really getting use to this Atomic and feel it has great potential. I will recoil a bit later to go around 0.5 / 0.6 and of course try different coil sizes, twists etc.

Taste is pretty good, vapor is much thicker and over all look on the Reo is gorgeous. I am really happy I went the route of the Atomic. Currently vaping Elvis's breakfast on 6mg nicotine which is awesome. However, I think I need to explore different juices to give this Atomic a run for its money.

IMG_20140903_095509.jpg

Do you guys find that the atomic with dual coil and both holes open at the widest wistle a lot ?

Do you guys find that the atomic with dual coil and both holes open at the widest wistle a lot ?

You know what, I never even attempted to try the 3mm holes :blush: I just tried the 2mm and the smallest 2. I am currently using the smallest 2 :tmi:

I will try it...

just smooth out the edges of the hole. there are tiny burs which cause the whistle

Back