Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
I know there is a plethora of new bottom fed atties appearing for the REO's and another one that is creating some interest on ECF is the Odin - RDA - Bottom Feeder

OdinRDA.jpg

They are now available on the Loki Labs web site for $69.00. I'm gonna get me one of dem...

oooh i see they available now! i need to think about this cause i love my cyclones lol

I have gone ahead and made this thread a "sticky" seeing as they will be available for local purchase very soon :)

Plus we need a quick way to share our builds, seek advice and chat about the odin :D

As per @Andre's request.

Using a dual ugly coil.
26g kanthal
2mm ID

Excuse the shoddy shoddy. Stills in test phase with the arty.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414833742.279576.jpg

Thanks. And your impression so far?

So far fantastic!

Flavour comes through really well. Even at full open slots, you can taste the flavours. Obviously a bit muted due to the mass air flow. But the cloud production is huge!

Closing it up it's easy to find the sweet spot between perfect draw and Flavour.
Can easily switch between a mouth to lung and straight to lung hit without having to loosen caps and adjust. You just turn the cap. (A nice change from the atomic)

Coiled the Odin today and have been vaping on it since 11am :)

I will be sharing some thoughts after I've lived with it for a few days ;)

Ooo I can't wait to receive mine from @JakesSA hopefully he will send it out soon

Coiled the Odin today and have been vaping on it since 11am :)

I will be sharing some thoughts after I've lived with it for a few days ;)

@Yiannaki , are you mainly doing lung hits?

@Yiannaki , are you mainly doing lung hits?
I did try a few mouth to lung hits with the Odin. You can close off the airflow a lot if you prefer a tighter draw.

For the most part though, I have cranked it wide open and have been doing lung hits :D (on my 12mg liquid of course)

So here is my new coil for the Odin.

I'm not usually a fan of dual coils (mine never seem to work out as well as other dual setups I've tried.)

Determined to get the dual coil right, the result was this:

26g (dual coil)
2.5mm ID
9 Wraps
0.43 Ω
Rayon Wick

The coils take a second to really get going but when they do, they mean serious business.

This setup is very intense for the morning! :p :eek: But... The flavour is excellent. (Vs the 26g, 1.4mm id, 8 wrap single coil I pulled off)

I'll be heading out for the day with it and see how things go :D

8af9802d35079ba3a0afdb8a048c0712.jpg

b7022d7f79746b7d84ceb0d10b724f7d.jpg

@Yiannaki those are some good looking coil. Very neatly done. I tried 0.4ohm dual coil yesterday as well and it was just too hot for me. And that's with 6mg nic. Enjoy bud

I just picked this up from @Yiannaki (tnks bro) and thanks (@JakesSA ) for this!

image_zpse3dd02e8.jpg

Here some pics of the clone and the authentic to see the difference.

The clone is on the left and the authentic on the right. I will build the same build and compare the 2 with 2 juices i am familiar with.:p
image_zps0c8b4731.jpg

image_zpsa8ee849b.jpg

image_zps7545f304.jpg

Oki i have coiled and wicked her up and am vaping on the clone with the same build, wick, reo and nanas cream. So far initial reactions are great as i dont seem to notice a difference in the flavour its just as great as my authentic! I will use it for 2 more days and then give my final feedback.

Also mine fired after i gave her a tight squeeze onto the 510 but at least it worked!

Here are some pics

image_zps487b29a5.jpg

image_zpse455179a.jpg

image_zps195e4f52.jpg

I just picked this up from @Yiannaki (tnks bro) and thanks (@JakesSA ) for this!

image_zpse3dd02e8.jpg

Here some pics of the clone and the authentic to see the difference.

The clone is on the left and the authentic on the right. I will build the same build and compare the 2 with 2 juices i am familiar with.:p
image_zps0c8b4731.jpg

image_zpsa8ee849b.jpg

image_zps7545f304.jpg

Thanks for sharing your views @paulph201
Sounds promising!

So before i get into the meat of things

Here are some tech specs i pulled off the Loki Lab website about the Odin (which apply to the clone as well): For those who aren't familiar with the device

- 22mm with AFC (Only 2 air holes in Cap)
- Designed for Single or dual coil.
- Unique base for simpler building. (Negative terminal wire trap)
- Designed with AFC using just 2 main pieces, air holes are 4.2mm x 1.7mm with rounded corners

** Please note that all my thoughts and experiences are based off the Odin clone i received from Vapeclub and not the original from Loki Labs.

I'm going to try my best to make this review as short as possible :p

Design :

- Being a 22mm dripped the Odin is guilty of the O word which all Reonauts aren't very fond of, Overhang! Strangely enough, even though its a wide atty, its not particularly tall. Initially i was not too keen on the idea of this and since receiving it, i actually really like the way it looks on the reo

- Even though the Odin is a 22mm RDA, its chamber is not as large as one would think. This is because a fair portion of the base is solid and the top cap is not that tall.

- There are no fancy airflow mechanisms to the Odin, just two cyclops slits which can easily be adjusted by sliding the top cap to suit your vaping style. I enjoyed having the ability to quickly adjust the airflow (as opposed to the Atomic, which requires you to unscrew the top piece a little, shift the base piece and move the ring accordingly)

- I found the Odin surprisingly easy to build on. The wire wrap negative terminals are a breeze to use. I personally found the Cyclone extremely frustrating for dual coil builds. In addition to this i also found that I had a lot of space to work in with regard to the placement of the coil as well as the size and length.

Flavour & Vapor Production:

Let me open this section up by stating that to date, my favourite RDA in terms of flavour is the Atomic (clone), with the Cyclone AFC in second place.

I sampled two juices in the Odin which i have vaped at length in both the Cyclone AFC as well as the Atomic in order for me to gauge how these taste in the Odin. The liquids used were Kiss the Ring and A Real Nightmare.

From the get go, the flavour from the Odin (at least to me) is easily better than the Cyclone. The flavours from the liquid were more pronounced and i was tasting nuances that i had not when vaping these liquids in the Cyclone AFC. The distinction of flavour versus the Atomic was not as obvious from the get go and it required a slight bit of experimentation. I found the ideal spot for my vaping style in terms of air flow and flavour with the airhole slit just under 3/4 of the way open.

I did experiment with the airflow and I was incredibly impressed with the intensity of the flavour i was getting the the cyclops slits closed off to 3/4 of the way. The only thing i didn't like about this configuration was the draw was very tight. However, this would be perfect for those who like a tighter draw for mouth to lung hits.

The vapor production is superb and will most definitely satisfy those who love big clouds. Granted i was using high VG juices, but even with a fairly closed off airflow and mouth to lung hits, the vapor production was good.

The Verdict:

The Odin is a super bottom fed RDA and most definitely worthy of being put ontop of the reo. It is very user friendly for both single and dual coil builds. It is very versatile in terms of its airflow adjustment and can suit the needs of most vaping styles. It can definitely chuck the clouds, and most importantly, it is sublime in terms of flavour.

Cons:

- It may not be the device for die hard, standard air hole RM2 users
- Some people will not be able to live with the look/overhang
- On my Odin, i had to be careful when screwing down the positive post as over-tightening caused the post itself it to rotate. (I overcame this by screwing the 510 pin in the opposite direction to re-align it.)

Back