The perfect Reo build?

Chef Guest

All about flavour
LV

Awards
So I've had Nthabiseng for a while now.

Absolutely love her. Still use my tanks, drippers and all my other gear, but with me she remains at all times.

I wanted to find out from fellow Reonauts what your opinion on the perfect build was? I have found myself quite happy at 0.8Ω 2mm ID with 26G kanthal A1. But I've been playing around lately trying to find the "perfect" build.

My RM2 is stock standard. No drilling or anything else going on there.

What I'm looking for the maximum flavour delivering build. Bar none. I'm gonna try a nano dragon tonight to see if it will work...

Please help me fellow vapers!

Try a 7 wrap parallel coil using 28g with a 1.4mm screwdriver mandrel. Comes in @ 0.5 ohms.

So I've had Nthabiseng for a while now.

Absolutely love her. Still use my tanks, drippers and all my other gear, but with me she remains at all times.

I wanted to find out from fellow Reonauts what your opinion on the perfect build was? I have found myself quite happy at 0.8Ω 2mm ID with 26G kanthal A1. But I've been playing around lately trying to find the "perfect" build.

My RM2 is stock standard. No drilling or anything else going on there.

What I'm looking for the maximum flavour delivering build. Bar none. I'm gonna try a nano dragon tonight to see if it will work...

Please help me fellow vapers!
Paralell coils and twisted coils for me give the best low resistance flavour!

Try the coil @Alex suggested as well as a 28g twisted coil, 6 wraps on 1.4 mm, 0.61Ω

For maximum flavour you need to go as low to the deck as possible and as near to the air hole as possible. Traditional coil position on the RM2.

Doubt if a nano coil will do it. From my experience and observations:
  1. ID anything between 1.4 and 1.8mm. I like 1.4 and 1.55mm.
  2. Either cotton, rayon or quality ekowool. I use ceramic, but rayon and ekowool also works for me.
  3. Microcoil works, but you could experiment with ugly coils as well, being the craze around here lately.
  4. I prefer round Kanthal at 27g, below that the heat up takes too long for me. Some have had good results with ribbon wire in an ugly coil build.

Try a 7 wrap parallel coil using 28g with a 1.4mm screwdriver mandrel. Comes in @ 0.5 ohms.
Not sure one could go that low in a Woodvil as the wiring and button has an Amp limit. If I remember correctly, around 0.7 is the lowest recommended.

So firstly, @Alex I take my hat off to you sir!

28G para @ 0.5Ω.

@Andre, thanks also for the good advice. Built it low and close to the airhole.

So far SB - Fight your fate is bloody marvelous! More so than usual! Great flavour and vapour production. Didn't know that the woodvil could go so low on the Ohms.

Thanks for the advice guys. @Yiannaki, will definitely try yours next.

Am interested to hear what others hjave to say too, so let's try to keep this thread going!

Hi @Chef Guest

Have a look at this thread for additional ideas:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/reo-your-ideal-reomizer-coil-wick-setup.4016/
I started it a while back to ask Reonauts what their ideal build was on their Reomiser.
Lots of ideas there for you to consider and try.

Back to your question:
I don't actually think there is a "perfect" build. I think there are many builds that will work well. Some are better in one way and some are better in others. I also think there are ideal types of builds for different juices.

So far for me on my standard Reomisers, my favourite builds are
- "standard compressed microcoil" - 1.5mmID, 28g - at 0.9 ohms to about 1.2 ohms depending on wraps (used for lower power juices)
- paracoil - 1.5mm ID with 30g wire - 6 wraps (double) - comes out at 0.65 ohms (higher power juices eg tobacco)
- I am using cotton at the moment and it works well for me.

I do think that @Andre's point about coil positioning is extremely important. Mine are positioned near the edge and quite high with the coils slightly above the airhole. Mine are set up for throat hit. It is amazing how the vape changes with just a 1mm or 2mm change in the position.

So I agree with @Andre's suggestion - low down and very near to the airhole.

Another thing regarding the paracoil is notice that I am using 30g wire. For you to get a high enough resistance on a paracoil with 28g, you may end up having to make too many wraps and the coil may end up being too long. I tried 30g and have been most impressed with the results. This may be what you need for your Woodvil.

All the best and let us know how it goes...

I will do buddy! Just busy setting up my XBO. Will defos build yours tomorrow.

Has anyone ever done a plaited coil? Just out of interest?

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

over the last couple days i been using both my reos. one with rm2 and other with atomic.
i did the same 0.74 ohm build in both attys. 7 wraps. 2mm ID.28g kanthal. vm4 in both reos.

i found that the atomic out-performed the rm2 by a long shot. i had the atomic set on the smallest hole so as to get it as close to the rm2 config as possible.

vape production : RM2 was good.
atomic very good

flavour: RM2 flavours seemed muted (i suspect this was a result of using the atomic at the same time)
atomic was awesome. could distnguish between the caramel inhale and slight leafy exhale. very good flavour result.

i did the same test with twisted 28g kanthal as well as an ugly coil setup and every time it yielded the same result.

with the above in mind i think it is just another means of reiterating what many above has said. there is no perfect build. thats a matter of personal choice and vaping style. based on the results above i clearly prefer the clouds and flavour to stand out.

you have some experimentation to do so that you can find what works best for you.

So far seems good. Very impressive graphics on destiny. Best gamepad design and ergonomics in the known universe.

I'm sure you can find em. But pre ordering made the most sense financially cos bt incentivised you to buy it by giving you an xtra 30% on any trade that went towards the console.

I only put down 2k cash and got 4 games, the console and an extra controller.

Epic win? I would say so!

Epic deal indeed! I would say major score compared to the other deals out there! Hehehe, well done bud!

Apologies to all for going off-topic here :oops:

All good mate! Check out vaping gamers thread. There's a console fanboy war going on!

@Chef Guest, I don't think there is just 1 perfect setup that will satisfy all on flavor intensity. For me personally and for my preference to flavor intensity as priority no. 1, the only setup I come back time-and-time again is as follows:
2mm Ceramic or real Ekowool, well burnt over a gas flame, fit 1.5mm diameter screw driver or drill bit through the centre of wick, wound 4 wraps of 0.9 x 0.1mm Ribbon Kanthal A1 tight around the wick (ugly coil / spaced coil style). Mount wicked coil as close as possible to the outside perimeter of atomizer deck and as low as possible, but not so low that due to the viscosity of e-juice, same get trapped between coil and deck. With really thick e-juice I bend the coil diagonally; lowest side close to the juice hole and highest side at the other post. And as all others mentioned, as close as possible to air hole.

Thanks @johan. I don't have any ceramic or ekowool so cotton will have to suffice for now.

Don't even know where I would get some. Have some kanthal ribbon but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Thanks @johan. I don't have any ceramic or ekowool so cotton will have to suffice for now.

Don't even know where I would get some. Have some kanthal ribbon but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Ceramic I got from our own friendly @Andre, Ekowool (the real thing) is availab;e from http://www.subohmvapor.co.za/ I have tried ugly ribbon coils with cotton as well as rayon, work just as good, although I prefer the longevity of ceramic and Ekowool.

And how's the flavour? Cos I tried rayon and found it to be lacking significantly in the flavour dept. There was no depth and I was really disappointed.

Back