Turns out there's a safe polarity

Mike

Mad Mixologist
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Courtesy of /r/ecr, /u/GobbleThisObelisk

bZz24rH.png

Thanks @Mike. Very nice explanation there ;)

Thanks for this vital point. One can never learn too much when it comes to battery safety

Sent from deep within a vape cloud

Bump because this is extremely important and some manufacturers are advising people to do the wrong thing then

Makes me wonder why so many mods come out with the vent holes at the bottom without a insulator tube on the inside.

Regardless of where the vent holes are I put my battery positive up , For my self ,I’m happy to assume the risk of a vented or shorted battery happening been far less then a small ding or tear in battery wrap that I could possibly not see.

Resurrecting an old thread, but electrons flow from - to +, not the other way around.

I always assumed this was one of the first things one needs to know when using mech mods. I always have a meltdown at People when they do this... "It hits harder" is not true nor a reason to practise poor safety.

In more recent years mech tubes generally contain delrin sleeves which should help prevent the problem. Unfortunately some companies like VGOD have developed new switches (pro mech 2 Tri switch) which are extremely dangerous to use with an upside down battery.

Thanks for the post though. Good to get the education out there.

Back