Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Here are my initial impressions of Vapour Mountain's LITCHI and BERRY BLAZE pre-made liquids (18mg)

LITCHI (18mg)

Wow, what a GREAT flavour. Spot on Litchi. I can taste it on the tongue when I inhale. Good flavour on the exhale. Not too much or too little. Just the perfect amount of flavour. Natural taste, not artificial. Tastes just like the real thing. I found this to have a decent throat hit. Enough for me. Medium vapour production. Disclosure - I really do like litchis ;-) If you like the real thing, I think you will really like this juice. I filled up my tank again to vape more over the last day and a half. Really good. Will be ordering more.

BERRY BLAZE (18mg)

A lovely fruity/berry flavour. Fresh. Quite sweet. Someone mentioned on the forum it tastes like Beechies chewing gum. I can see why they said that. I'm not sure I can describe the taste but its very pleasant. Its a nice flavour but I do get a bit of an artificial aftertaste. Also, a slightly tingly or burny aftertaste. Not sure if this is the flavour or some other additive. Oupa? Not as natural tasting as the LITCHI. I found it had good vapour production but slightly lower throat hit than the litchi flavour. Not sure if its nice enough for me to order more. Probably not.

General comment about VM juices so far - Vape seems quite smooth - not too harsh. Liquid seems quite thick. I wonder what the PG/VG ratio is?

Equipment used - Protank 2 - std 2.2ohm coil - iTaste battery - 4.0 volts (about 7.2 Watts)

EDIT - I have subsequently found out from Vapour Mountain's product list that their juices are mainly a 50/50 or 60/40 PG/VG blend.

EDIT - 11 November 2014

BERRY BLAZE (18mg) plus 2 drops VM Menthol Concentrate

It's been a long while since I vaped VM Berry Blaze. I tried it again, this time adding just 2 drops of VM Menthol Concentrate into and EVOD1 tankful of Berry Blaze (1.5ml).

Wow, talk about a transformation! Berry Blaze on its own is a nice fruity mix - but has some candy tastes to it which detract slightly. The menthol concentrate takes that all away and transforms it into a potent juicy fruit blast. Increases the throat hit slightly. Wow, I have vaped two tankfuls and am really liking this.

I can strongly recommend adding some of @Oupa's menthol concentrate to Berry Blaze. Just be careful, you only need one or two drops per 1.5ml. That menthol concentrate is very strong.

EDIT - 13 November 2014

LITCHI (18mg) plus 2 drops VM Menthol Concentrate

I tried the same trick of adding a bit of menthol concentrate to a tankful of VM Litchi.

Not nearly as nice as the Berry Blaze and Menthol mix. The Litchi somehow doesn't go as well with the Menthol. It clashes a bit. The combined taste seems a bit strange to me. It also tastes a bit too sweet. I vaped an EVOD1 tankful and was glad when I was done. I won't be trying this again.

Last edited:
VM4

My current top juice. Using it every day. Tobacco with caramel and vanilla. Sweet, but not too much and a bit creamy. Very good fumes, moderate TH. Will order this again.

My Rating: 10/10

I mostly used the ZMax with either Mini ProTank or EVOD tanks. Set to 7-9W. And don't forget: taste is subjective ;)

Last edited:
Banana Cream

Nice. As said in another thread, that was unexpected when I ordered it, thats why I ordered only 10ml. Creamy banana, and to me a pleasant coconut undertone.
Very good fumes, moderate TH. Will order this again.

I mostly used the ZMax with either Mini ProTank or EVOD tanks. Set to 7-9W. And don't forget: taste is subjective ;)

Last edited:
VM4

I don't like it. Caramel. Very sweet. The initial flavour is so sweet, it tastes slightly "off". A bit later I get a nicer butterscotch flavour aftertaste. A bit like those hardboiled butterscotch sweets. Pity about the richness. Its a bit like fudge - but when you've eaten too much of it. Way too rich for me. Not much tobacco coming through for me. Overall, I don't like the taste.

Vapour production is good - I'd say above average. Throat hit is minimal.

Such a pity, I was looking so forward to this, since I believe its Oupa's signature flavour. Many have raved about it. Sorry. Wont be buying it again. Don't think I'll even finish whats left in the tank.

Equipment used: Protank 2 Mini - Std 1.8 ohm coil - Vision Spinner Batt - 3.8 volts (about 8 watts)

Moral of the story: Taste is so subjective and personal. This one is a classic case in point. Tom (above) gives it a 10/10. I don't like it. Go figure...

I don't think VM4 contains any tobacco at all.
I'm a big fan of tobacco flavours. That being said, I killed 4 or 5 30ml bottles of VM4 in 2 months.
Giving it a bit of a rest for now.

What equipment were you using for your VM4 binge Crafty?

I'm a big fan of tobacco flavours. That being said, I killed 4 or 5 30ml bottles of VM4 in 2 months.
Yeah, I don't taste any tobacco either. Tastes like diddle daddle popcorn.

Protanks for the 1st few bottles. Then RSST.

Yeah, I don't taste any tobacco either. Tastes like diddle daddle popcorn.
Diddle Daddle.... now there is one of the culprits for the current state of those love handles of mine....

don't know if I should open a new thread.... well, let me ask here:

I want to taste a really decent tobacco asap, that is locally available. Pls give me some recommendations.
In an overseas forum I saw +130 pages in a thread raving about http://www.houseofliquid.com/category-s/1830.htm. Everyone there saying it is really good, its also very well priced. Unfortunately not available locally.

Protanks for the 1st few bottles. Then RSST.

Crafty, how would you describe the difference between the taste/flavour and throat hit on the Protank vs the RSST?
And if you could rate the overall experience out of 10. So how much better/worse is each device than the other for you?

the RSST is giving me a bit of a funny taste. I'm hoping to try the SS cable soon. Just need some ekowool.
Protank for me is a great tank. I would give protank a 7/10 score.
I'm not going to give the RSST a score just yet. Need to play with it a bit more.

ok thanks

Thanks for taking the time to review my juices guys! Much appreciated!

You are right... Litchi is spot on with the real thing!

Berry Blaze consists of a few different Berry varieties and taste very different in different tanks/clearomizers.

And VM4... the mystery child! And yes it does contain Tobacco, but only a tad ;)
Its true what Silver said, flavour is very personal and it would have been boring if everyone liked the same flavours. With RY4 type flavours even more so, either you love it or you hate it. I created VM4 as my personal favourite RY4 flavour profile and I am happy I can share it with everyone... even happier so many people enjoy it.

Keep the reviews coming guys, good or bad!

Last edited:
Peach Rooibos

Unfortunately it was too little peach taste in it, maybe because of the rooibos? Little TH, but good fumes. Finished tonight my 10ml tester, won't order it again.

My Rating: 3/10 (for the fumes)

edith says:
with a new setup (IGO-L , microcoil 1.3 ohms on SVD at 7W) it is much better flavourwise. Had a little left for that purpose.

New rating: 6/10

Last edited:
Menthol

Nice. Good icey feel in the throat. Good TH and decent fumes. I used to smoke menthol cigs for a while. This is for me good menthol taste, not Spearmint or Mint.... every day 1/2 - 1 tank, it is definitely worth that....just not in the morning with my coffee :)

Menthol

Nice. Good icey feel in the throat. Good TH and decent fumes. I used to smoke menthol cigs for a while. This is for me good menthol taste, not Spearmint or Mint.... every day 1/2 - 1 tank, it is definitely worth that....just not in the morning with my coffee :)

Having vaped a DIY juice made with Vapour Mountain's menthol flavour concentrate (at 5 %) for some time, can say I like it enough to incorporate in one of my all day devices. So one device with tobacco, one with this menthol, and I alternate bewtween them, but more of the tobacco. The Health Cabin menthol flavour concentrate was not a success for me at all, too minty a taste.

Peach Rooibos

Unfortunately it was too little peach taste in it, maybe because of the rooibos? Little TH, but good fumes. Finished tonight my 10ml tester, won't order it again.

My Rating: 3/10 (for the fumes)

Hey Tom, thanks for the great feedback! When placing your next order, remind me to include a free sample of Peach Rooibos (with the Peach flavour boosted a bit). Would really appreciate your feedback... I might do 2 variations of Peach Rooibos going forward, as at the moment about a third of customers would prefer more Peach in there. Will have to think of product names to differentiate between the two. Which makes me think, if I do decide to run with 2 variations we can have a competition where forum members can name the 2 variations and win a nice prize for the winning entry!

Have spent the last day and a half vaping Vapour Mountain's BANANA CREAM (18mg) flavour.

Before writing a review, I like to try the juice initially and jot down some thoughts. Then a bit later. Then I try it after a meal and first thing when I wake up the next morning. Then after coffee - then after breakfast. I find that I often change my views slightly. Here goes...

BANANA CREAM

I like it. It has a very nice flavour. Like VM's litchi flavour, it's spot on. Tastes just like a banana. The cream aspect makes it pleasant and smooth. It smells sweeter in the bottle than it initially vapes. The occasional vape is not too sweet, but too much of it gets a bit too sweet for me. If you like bananas, you will more than likely enjoy this. I do quite like bananas and found this flavour pleasing. It was also refreshing after eating a meal. It does leave a nice aftertaste. My better half commented that the vapour smelled nice. Throat hit was medium. I found vapour production was good. Overall a great juice. Not an all day vape but definitely a nice flavour to vape on occasion. I would re-order it just to keep some of it on hand.

Equipment used: Protank 2 with Std 2.2 ohm coil, Vision Spinner batt at 4.0 volts (about 7.3 Watts)

This is my review of Vapour Mountain's MANGO (18mg) ready made e-liquid.

MANGO

I don't like it much. The mango flavour is definitely there initially and on the inhale, but I then get a very over-ripe mango taste. I don't mind mangoes at all, but this one tastes too over-ripe. Then I get a bit of a strange aftertaste. Can't really describe what it is, but its a bit unpleasant. The throat hit is quite decent if you take a long drag, otherwise medium. I found vapour production also medium. I have tried this one for quite a while to see if it changes over different times of the day or after meals. Not really. Its the same. Overall, I don't really like this one and won't be re-ordering it.

Equipment used: Protank 2 with Std 2.2 ohm coil, Vision Spinner batt at 4.1 volts (about 7.6 Watts)

Last edited:
Ok, I am ready to write up my review of Vapour Mountain's PEACH ROOIBOS (18mg) ready made e-liquid. Have been vaping this over the past two or three days at different times. Here goes...

PEACH ROOIBOS

I love it! Its soft and smooth. A very nice and pleasant flavour. The peach is there. The rooibos is very light. The flavours are subtle. When you vape it, its not a strong peach flavour, just a hint. But it's accurate peach and tastes natural, not artificial. I found I could vape this very often. I refilled my tank a few times. I'm not a particular peach lover in general (I eat them occasionally) but really like the flavour in this juice. I think because its not too overpowering. I haven't vaped many peach juices but for example, I found the Twisp peach flavour is a bit too sweet after a while. This one is pleasant and remains that way. Also, this flavour is not boring. I find myself wanting more. It tastes great in the morning after coffee. Its refreshing. I find it has a clean aftertaste. It has a medium throat hit. A quick inhale after a mouth draw gives a nice kick. I found it to have above-average vapour. This juice is just right for me and I like it a lot. Will definitely be re-ordering. I've marked it as a contender to become an all day vape.

Well done Oupa

Equipment used: Protank 2 Mini with Std 1.8 ohm coil (measures 2.1 ohm on itaste), Vision Spinner battery at 4.0 volts (about 7.6 Watts using the itaste ohm reading)

PS: Tom, I read your review of this juice and once again, this shows how personal flavour is! Tom didn't like it that the peach flavour was too light. That's one of the main reasons I like it. Go figure.

Last edited:
PS: Tom, I read your review of this juice and once again, this shows how personal flavour is! Tom didn't like it that the peach flavour was too light. That's one of the main reasons I like it. Go figure.

Yeah, tastes are so different.... but we both agree that it is a very light flavour, so for someone enjoying a light peach its perfect and for someone enjoying it strong its not so good. Therefore it is probably a good idea for Oupa to have the 2 different Peaches.

Oupa, let that competition you mentioned begin....

Omg...running low now on VM4. @Oupa, u got mail!!!!

edith says: sorted!

Last edited:
Here is my review of Vapour Mountain's VANILLA CUSTARD (18mg) ready made e-liquid.

VANILLA CUSTARD

I find this average. It's got a caramel taste for me. Quite sweet. Very smooth. Soft on the throat. Quite rich and creamy. I find it a bit dull though. It has a similar sort of taste to VM4, but I prefer this. VM4 was too sweet and actually had an "off" taste as a result. This one is still sweet but doesn't have that "off" taste. It does have a pleasant sweet caramel aftertaste. The caramel I am getting is probably the vanilla flavour. Just tastes like caramel to me. Throat hit is low and vapour was high. This one is too sweet for me to vape all the time. Perhaps an alternative vape on occasion. I won't be re-ordering.

Equipment used : Protank 2 Mini - Std 1.8 ohm coil (measures 2.1 ohm on iTaste) - Vision Spinner battery at 4.0 volts. (about 7.6 watts using the iTaste ohm reading)

Back