Whats Your End Game?

Adksuperman

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Ladies and Gents

After smoking for ten years I quite stinkies on the 5 of April 2014. Not only has my quality of life improved significantly, I have found that in the last couple of weeks I can go for extended periods of time without getting my "fix" of nicotine.

So my reason for the thread is a double edged one.

1) How much money do you spend a month on Ecigs vs the money you spent on analogues. ( I realize that when it comes to health there is no comparison so just the monetary values will suffice for comparisons sake.)

2) What is your end game ( Do you see yourself vaping for the rest of your days or do you plan to quite all together?)

I spent close to R1000 a month on analogues.
How much i spend on ecigs? Idon't know yet. Too soon to tell. I have been vaping for just a few weeks now, and left analogues on friday last week.

My end game would be to quit it altogether, but not anytime soon. I will definitely drop to zero nic very soon and just vape for the fun of it. Having smoked for years, just the action of smoking (putting cig in mouth, having a draw) becomes a habit and a 'past time' in itself. I feel that i would miss that so much now, without a vaping device, that i would run back to stinkies.

I used to spend about R900 a month on cigarettes. Now i spend about a grand every 2 or 3 months on juice, diy supplies etc. granted, i've spent major money getting to this point. I now have 2 devices, and don't need anything but consumables. I've owned almost every device, mod, tank rda or rba that got ,media attention. Eventually chose chose 2 and will stick with them until I'm 6 feet under.
No plan to quit. Although i can go a day without vaping without getting agro, I still enjoy it. Maybe I get bored one day, but doubt it.

On cigarettes I probably spent around R700 a month I guess? On ecigs, Uhm, let's just say a couple of "leopards" have left my bank account... But I've been cigarette free for 6 months, come the 28th.

People often ask me when I'm going to quit ecigs and to be honest I have no idea. I'm enjoying it and at 6mg the nicotine part isn't the big thing for me. I really like different tastes and flavours and blowing clouds! I still don't smoke at the office and didn't with cigarettes either, so nothing changed in that regard. Like @Bonez007 said, I also enjoy the smoking part and social aspect of it. I can sit and try different flavors for hours on end, and that alone makes it worth it! I see this as a hobby really.

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. And so far I'm still enjoying the journey.

I'm not even going to attempt to put in writing how much I've spent on Vaping but I can tell you it's rather a lot more than smoking... however one cannot put a price on health and the benefits I have gained by vaping are huge!

People ask me when am I going to give up vaping and the answer is simple... NEVER!

I'm not even going to attempt to put in writing how much I've spent on Vaping but I can tell you it's rather a lot more than smoking... however one cannot put a price on health and the benefits I have gained by vaping are huge!

People ask me when am I going to give up vaping and the answer is simple... NEVER!
Amen :D

People think I've gone bonkers on vaping. But what they don't see is I'm saving my life and having a damn good time while doing it :D

never smoked stinkies only hubbly/hookah for about 12 years and i did not smoke everyday normally to begin with.
normal week would be monday 2 pipes, tuesday nothing, wednesday 3 pipes, thursday nothing, friday 1 or 2 pipes, saturday 3 pipes and sunday maybe 1. so that was 10 pipes a week normally
i also never smoked alone or during the day at home for the last 4 years an my monthly spend was around R300.
vaping is about the same maybe just a bit more. most juice is zero nic and some 3mg cant handle anything stronger.
dont think i would quit any time soon love smoking/vaping with friends when we braai or socialize.
just before i started vaping i almost quit the hookah and smoking completely because it was time to replace the whole hookah and the flavours i smoked was becoming more difficult to find and my sources could not get it anymore. the coals i was using was also beginning to be a pain with bad batches and general quality issues. other coals were too hot for my taste. i was basically gatvol of struggling. had about 10 packs of tabacco and 8 packs of coals left before i started vaping and now some of my friend that still smokes uses it now.

What I've spent will the me in for years.

But tbh, I enjoy it and don't see the point in stopping vaping. I stopped enjoying smoking ,many yrs ago. Just did it cause I was addicted.

So now like @robfisher I've spent an obscene amount if coin on this new obsession and won't stop till I can justify the amount spent.

I used to spend about 3k on stinkies per month.
I haven't saved a cent since I quit as the money + now goes towards stocking the store lol!
My own monthly spend on vape liquids and toys is pretty minimal - now that I have got into mech mods that will probably change :D

Like others have mentioned, doubt I will ever quit - but I do need to lower my nic strength some (still vaping 18mg).,.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies and Gents

After smoking for ten years I quite stinkies on the 5 of April 2014. Not only has my quality of life improved significantly, I have found that in the last couple of weeks I can go for extended periods of time without getting my "fix" of nicotine.

So my reason for the thread is a double edged one.

1) How much money do you spend a month on Ecigs vs the money you spent on analogues. ( I realize that when it comes to health there is no comparison so just the monetary values will suffice for comparisons sake.)

2) What is your end game ( Do you see yourself vaping for the rest of your days or do you plan to quite all together?)

Super thread @Adksuperman !

On the money side, I was a pack a day smoker, so about R1,000 per month on cigs. So far I have spent WAY, WAY more than this on vaping over the past 8/9 months. A lot of it has been on testing out different hardware and getting accessories. But since the REOs 2 months ago, I have not bought any hardware, just juice.

I am vaping about 4ml per day and the juices I buy average about R6/ml (some cheaper, some more expensive). So I could easily get by in theory on about R720 per month, so a bit cheaper than cigs if I stuck to the juices I know I like a lot. However I am still buying and tasting new juices, some of which I don't like that much, so the cost is still higher. I'd say about R1,500 or thereabouts.

I have no pre-determined end game at the moment. Just loving the juice journey. Vaping has had many benefits for me. I feel better, I can smoke at my desk, in my house and in my car when it rains. No horrible smells. I also find I can go for far longer without the nicotine craving, which is a good thing and has practical benefit for me.

Other than the benefits, I really enjoy trying out new juices and sharing my experiences. This forum is also a major part of vaping for me. Maybe in time I will try get my nicotine content down. (am still on 18mg) But vaping is just too much fun at the moment and I have met some really great people on this forum. If I were to stop vaping now, I would feel that such a fun part of my life at the moment would just disappear. So for now, its vape on for me!

Hi my name is kimbo and i am an ex-smoker. DAM that feels good :)

The pype tobacco was not so hectic on the pocket, the mix i made was about R150 a batch and that last me bout 7 weeks

With the help of this forum i did not spend allot on hardware but after a very sad insentient which involved my VTR i got a siglei with some money i had saved to get a new video card for my PC, because this became my nr1 hobby, apart from needing the nic for medical reasons.

I spend some on DIY stuff as well and love the mixing and tasting

I dont wanna quit, like i said it is a hobby now that i came to love, and my doctor will smile as well :)

i used to smoke about 10cigs a day, equate that at R30 per packet gives roughly R450.00 a month on analogues.

i spent alot of money on hardware, juices i mostly mix myself- which is alot cheaper than R450 a month. there are months that i buy juices, so on average in spending a lot less on vaping that i was on cigs.

as for my end game, i would love to continue vaping till my last days, but i have seen a significant drop in my vaping habits in the last few weeks (not only coz its the month of Ramadhan) but even before. there were days that i vape so little that my wife would comment and ask why.

simple answer, i think im getting a bit bored of the hardware i have LOL, so what do i do? i buy more hardware to keep the habit interesting. honestly if i should stick to the hardware i have, i would probably drop my vaping usage to less than half to what it is now- one tank (4.5ml) lasts me the better part of two days now in Ramadhan.

i love vaping and everything that goes with it

@Riaz, you have been using your hardware (am i right, the Russian) for a very long time. How long? Must be a record. Respect.

@Riaz, you have been using your hardware (am i right, the Russian) for a very long time. How long? Must be a record. Respect.
yip i bought it in Jan 2014 and been using it exclusively since then

i have never changed o rings, deck insulators, screws, nothing ;)

I guess most of us have a similar story to tell.

The initial outlay was pretty steep tbh, plus me being one of those people that when they do things they go a bit bonkers. I got a bit carried away initially, but things have stabilised and now so its more about new juices and spending wisely on hardware.

As for end game… Will probably vape for a long time to come, its just so much more convenient with my lifestyle

...I used to spend about R900 a month on cigarettes. Now i spend about a grand every 2 or 3 months on juice, diy supplies etc. granted, i've spent major money getting to this point. I now have 2 devices, and don't need anything but consumables. I've owned almost every device, mod, tank rda or rba that got ,media attention. Eventually chose chose 2 and will stick with them until I'm 6 feet under.

Which did you settle on?
i'm still spending major bucks, don't like Areotank Mega, got Russian but yet to try it - yet to try building coils, have an Origen clone on the way... interested in getting a Vulcan RDA.

yip i bought it in Jan 2014 and been using it exclusively since then

i have never changed o rings, deck insulators, screws, nothing ;)

Shows it's a reliable device and you look after it. Must be a record. 7 months on one device. Don't you ever feel the need to have a second juice on tap though?

Which did you settle on?
i'm still spending major bucks, don't like Areotank Mega, got Russian but yet to try it - yet to try building coils, have an Origen clone on the way... interested in getting a Vulcan RDA.
Authentic Just GG & Ithaka
Nemesis clone with Authentic Kayfun Lite.
I would not mind to own an authentic Russian 91%
And I'm getting that Smok in classifieds to keep as a backup. Might keep that as primary and leave the nemmi as backup depending on voltage drop on the smok. If it's better, that will become primary

I used to smoke an average of 40 a day at like R30 a packet (not talking about weekends where I smoked a LOT more and didn't care if i paid R35 a packet and also not talking about buying smokes for my other half when I bought my own), so I basically spent about R2k minimum a month. Now I vape about 5ml a day at an average of R5/ml so ja, say an over statement of about R800 a month.

If I take the 3 1/2 months that I've quit and include the price for the time before that when I tried a different device that didn't work for me, I have basically broken even with what I would've spent on stinkies in comparison to all my start up costs, the big juice box bargain bought from Rob and the other goodies bought at the vape meet as well as website purchases.

At 3.5 months :
Average Money I would've spent on stinkies : R7 000.00+
Money spent up to now on vaping : R6 700.00

I'm not planning on stopping, it's a fun hobby and is still a replacement for smoking to me.... I never wanted to quit smoking cause I actually enjoyed the bloody awfull things (well that's what I thought), but now I love vaping, I love the community feel that vaping has brought into my life and all the amazing people that I get to meet :) oh ja and I love being able to breathe!!! :rock:

Vaper for life :rock:

This is a question I have been pondering for the past few weeks. I enjoy vaping and love the community and hobby aspect of it, but I feel like I still have a monkey on my back. It's great that I feel healthier and I'm saving a little bit of money now that the big purchases are out of the way. To the best of my knowledge, nicotine is about as harmful as caffeine. The issue that remains is one of dependence, I can go longer without vaping than I could without an analogue, but the craving hits eventually. If I don't have coffee for a week, it's not a problem. I might be slightly less alert during the morning hours, but I won't be irritable for no good reason.

I did not start vaping because I wanted a hobby or wanted to switch, I started vaping because I was tired of being a smoker. I was over having this completely unnecessary dependence on analogues and having to continuously arrange my day around it. Vaping is a huge step in the right direction. I no longer take smoke breaks and don't spend the entire time on my way to site wishing we could get there so I can light up. It's still a crises if my equipment fails or I forget something vital at home.

That said, my end game is to get to 0mg nic in the next 3 to 4 months and be able to go without vaping for a week or more with no ill effects. Once I am there, I feel I will be able to enjoy the hobby aspect so much more.

Between HRH and I we spent around R2500 a month on stinkies. I most probably spend a bit more than that now, mainly because HRH does not want to convert to a Reo and I seem to have a special affliction to designer NET juices.

I suppose end game would be to get to 0% nic but I love the vaping habit and nothing beats the satisfaction of having those first pulls on a newly built coil, clean wick and fresh battery :D

Have not given it any thought actually..........neither will I going forward (quitting that is). It is until I feel I havd enough which may be never.

Um yeah like many here I have spent thousands on gear and continue to do so. I would rather not get into the monthly spending (head firmly in sand).

If anything keeps me vaping forever it would be the fact that I have become compulsive when it comes to DIY juice. I am always scoping the next flavour or the next combo. I went through 150ml nic in 3 months (so roughly 450-600ml juice made).

Which brings me to the next question.......anyone interested in sharing shipping costs for flavour concentrates from http://www.ecigexpress.com/. Have my cart filled with 100$ of flavours already!!!! (Junkie :D:D:D)

Back