Wooden Box mod

Rellik

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I've started to research building my own wooden box mod. I would like to build a simple full mech mod (not bottom fed yet)
I saw this video and think this guy's handywork is awesome.

I also saw @Nooby 's thread regarding an RDA for his wooden box mod. Instead of hijacking his thread I would like to find out how many peeps here have actually successfully built their own wooden box mods. I'm pretty handy and I'm really looking forward to this project. This is an open invitation to some advice, pics of your mods and even an idea or 2, if you want to share it.
I'm would like to build up a hardware just below this post, so will reserve some space, but please I would really appreciate some input from the pro's and handymen.

Parts List:
* Wood for box mod (Type, size , Supplier to be updated)
* Side Panels - Brushed Aluminium - Supplier to be updated
* 510 connector - Supplier ??
* Copper conductivity wire - Supplier ??
* Battery springs - Can Reo Springs work? - Supplier: Vapour Mountain - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/reosmods/reo-springs/
* Positive connector for Battery - Supplier ???
* Door Magnets - Reo Door magnet - Supplier: Vapour Mountain - http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/reosmods/reo-magnets/
* Push Button - 19mm Vandal Proof Round Flat Push button switch - Supplier: Communica - http://www.communica.co.za/Catalog/Details/P3115085457
* Battery - 2500mAH eFest IM$ 18650 (35A) - Supplier: Vapour Mountain -
http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/batteries/18650-efest-imr-2500mah-35a/

Please comment on the parts, advice and power ratings that I might have missed.

Last edited:
Heres one a buddy built for me. Its plain and simple and works really great.
259f70ca23609165365b4a6bc2ef8c83.jpg
5e654f3c0231f1ce64fc185d2f06aeb7.jpg

sent from my nokia 5110

would be much nicer if you can get access to a cnc router and have it cut from a single piece.
does anyone on the forum have such a toy?

I used a router and hammer and chisel.. first route out the main section in a big piece of block.. then when that's done, you carve it out with a chisel and hammer.. a lot of sanding is needed to perfect it. Once it's good enough, you cut out the actual mod(box), the walls, top and bottom.. after that you just keep perfecting it to the way you want..

Which pics? I was silly not to keep pics of my progress! I was just focusing on getting it done that I never evens thought of it..

Also, your depth depends on how thick your battery will be and how thick your door will be. Your width will depend on what you will put inside (also keep in mind where your switch will go along with how long it is)

So after I have seen @capetocuba Red Sky Cruiser and what you guys are doing I "sommer" jumped and
did a box and will fit the rest of the goodies tomorrow night and finish it off IMG-20141022-01044.jpg IMG-20141022-01045.jpg IMG-20141022-01046.jpg IMG-20141022-01047.jpg IMG-20141022-01048.jpg

My idea is to start off as a top feed, but design the form factor to be upgraded to a bf. So I need to still get the size of the 6ml bottels and will allow that space next to the battery for future upgrades....
If this is gonna work, I dunno.

The juice bottle one of the damn things that takes up a lot of space and then the press here window he he he
here`s one of my other projects IMG-20140920-01001.jpg

@Rellik the best way is cut the side where you want your door, lid or side panel thicker and then cut you cover out of that part
and match the gran up

So after I have seen @capetocuba Red Sky Cruiser and what you guys are doing I "sommer" jumped and
did a box and will fit the rest of the goodies tomorrow night and finish it off View attachment 13657 View attachment 13658 View attachment 13659 View attachment 13660 View attachment 13661

The juice bottle one of the damn things that takes up a lot of space and then the press here window he he he
here`s one of my other projects View attachment 13666

@Harryssss absolutely stunning mate. looking great. must say very clean cuts and clear attention to detail

Nicely done @Harryssss! South Africa is full of talent.. come on guys, jump on the DIY bus, it's fun and an awesome feeling!

@Nooby and @Harryssss Can you guys check my parts list, if anything is missing.
I also have 2 questions.
What thickness wire do you guys use to connect to the battery. Will 1.5mm wire be thick enough, or should I go 2.5mm.
What do you guys use for the battery positive connector?

Back