nn

...my heart is sore

I know times are difficult, but you can not take free gear and then sell it, will not mention names but I have seen the ad's

swak !

:THINKING2:

...my heart is sore

I know times are difficult, but you can not take free gear and then sell it, will not mention names but I have seen the ad's

swak !

That is such a low level.

Hope those are in the vast minority. Karma will sort them out.

You keep on doing what you do.

...my heart is sore

swak !

You do you Scotty-P with no RagretS! Rather think of the other side with hope: Maybe you helped someone that decided they rather want the cash for maybe a bread or some milk (or at least hope it was the case)... If you keep on dwelling about the other possibilities it will drive you insane and damage your good heart! We all have had that one muppet that makes us think twice about another PIF.

...my heart is sore

swak !

As I understand the principle of paying it forward; It is when someone does something for you, instead of paying that person back directly, you pass the good deed on to other person(s).
So whilst I share your sentiments ... we don't know the full story, and I think it a little premature to play judge and jury, secondly;
It isn't supposed to be a conditional donation of goods or deeds, ie. once we have given something over, ownership has passed, and our right to dictate what or how it is used is forfeited.
Also; I stand corrected, however it seems we have no stated rules for said pif box, such as; Who may take what from the box, and when? ... certainly at Vape Meets it's a bit of a "free for all", and on that point;
I have received many requests from persons I know have more than enough vape kit, that simply wish to add more to their collections, and then there people that we know are struggling, yet don't advertise their challenges on the forum ... and finally; What happens when services are offered free ... If for example I repair your mod or tank, possibly using parts that may have been donated; Do we now get to dictate whether that repaired mod / tank / whatever may or may not be sold? ... Status quo, I'm giving people first dibs on the repaired item(s), else they go into the pif box, and or are given to people I know need, as apposed want, same.
I don't have the answers to these, and other moral? dilemmas, and would love to hear others views ...

I have to agree with @Intuthu Kagesi, and I also feel that the pif box should be for those in need, not those wanting more gear etc.
I also dont agree with the selling pif items, but as said earlier, who are we to know what the circumstamces are surrounding why the pif item was sold.
Its a difficult/grey are when it comes to pif'ing items as its easy for some ppl to spin a sob story just so they can get "free gear" etc.
My take on it, and bare in mind these are my thoughts on the matter... if u have a working setup, you don't need items from the pif box, unless of course youre in desperate need of some liquid.
Its difficult to tell if someone genuinely needs something, and there will always be those few who grab just for the sake of taking something to add to their collection.

...as they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

As I understand the principle of paying it forward; It is when someone does something for you, instead of paying that person back directly, you pass the good deed on to other person(s).
So whilst I share your sentiments ... we don't know the full story, and I think it a little premature to play judge and jury, secondly;
It isn't supposed to be a conditional donation of goods or deeds, ie. once we have given something over, ownership has passed, and our right to dictate what or how it is used is forfeited.
Also; I stand corrected, however it seems we have no stated rules for said pif box, such as; Who may take what from the box, and when? ... certainly at Vape Meets it's a bit of a "free for all", and on that point;
I have received many requests from persons I know have more than enough vape kit, that simply wish to add more to their collections, and then there people that we know are struggling, yet don't advertise their challenges on the forum ... and finally; What happens when services are offered free ... If for example I repair your mod or tank, possibly using parts that may have been donated; Do we now get to dictate whether that repaired mod / tank / whatever may or may not be sold? ... Status quo, I'm giving people first dibs on the repaired item(s), else they go into the pif box, and or are given to people I know need, as apposed want, same.
I don't have the answers to these, and other moral? dilemmas, and would love to hear others views ...

agree, so many variables and unknowns, it's a recipe for kak

...but at least try not to sell it on the same platform you got it from ...lol

:FACEPALM:

agree, so many variables and unknowns, it's a recipe for kak

...but at least try not to sell it on the same platform you got it from ...lol

:FACEPALM:
That's funny, (the sales platform part) .... but on a more serious note ... we do need to work out some sort of protocol or guidelines for "the box"

Once an item exchanges hands (paid/PIF) it becomes the property of the new owner and the one that handed it over has to let go of what happens to that item thereafter. It does not make it easier having someone asking (close to begging) for something just to see them selling it a week later.

On the other hand you get someone that is in NEED of an item and uses it and either PIF it on or sells/trades it to get something else.

It is always difficult and there is no set rules or criteria to do vetting in this regard. So where do we draw the line? We can't.

Like in any industry you will have those that appreciate what is done for them as the Need outweighed the Want (for something else). Then you get those that will be the chancers that makes us feel: "why do I even bother?". But being able to deal with it and moving on is what makes us better people. The same goes with when we buy something and then get snookered out of our cash and items and then the seller wants to know why the buyer gets upset about it.

Enough seriousness for a Monday.... can someone please derail this thread for an hour so that we can feel better again?

1648462644001.png

As requested ... ;)

Sooooo ... What's the weather like in Durbs this week?

View attachment 252720

Today we are cooking without gas.... tomorrow induction cooking don't stand a chance against pavement cooking... so like usual, it is sunny all through the week and when I want to Braai this weekend it is going to rain again...

1648465166509.png

I had to write an ethics essay as part of a set of exams I was taking.

I got an A plus. My essay was centered around how in black culture sharing was not considered stealing even if you took something without express permissions. I used the examples of the office space whereby at back to school time the pens, pencils and note books were just taken.

The context was that if one culture clashes with another then education is required on both parts in order for an understanding to be reached.

Don't ask for an essay on entitlement, I would not be able to keep the bad language out.

PIF with a difference
I had to write an ethics essay as part of a set of exams I was taking.

I got an A plus. My essay was centered around how in black culture sharing was not considered stealing even if you took something without express permissions. I used the examples of the office space whereby at back to school time the pens, pencils and note books were just taken.

The context was that if one culture clashes with another then education is required on both parts in order for an understanding to be reached.

Don't ask for an essay on entitlement, I would not be able to keep the bad language out.

:-D
1648468226237.png

Society has many unspoken rules and selling a PIF is one of them. It's just not done. Period.

I agree with you.

If you place an item up for PIF there should be no reservations as to what happens to the item. It is done in good faith.

Whatever the receiver of the item does with it is up to their conscious. It all comes down to basic morals. As The Dude said in The Big Lebowski :"You're not wrong, you're an a$$hole". (Not you, the person selling the pif)

Last edited:
Good evening firstly non of you have anything to. say nir have any opinions on what i do or. dont.do amd. name calling and. insulting me my. carater as a person i havent aold anything yes i dis post it on thesite intension was to sell it yes i am. at fault foe it in order to purchase an wearible. wattage device i am ans was and stil am thankful for the help and blessings as my decixes have been stolen havent had the funda to purchase ant devices loat work and lso i have type. 2blood cancer so keep your fulthy mouths of. me. and me. out of your mouths i am fighting an other battle one. most of you hopefully never would have to face. i was looking to sell items for a non mech mod something easer to use yes i was wrong i apoligise to you Vic amd comunity for taking advantage in your. eye's and it looks baf. i know i wanted to remoce it but couldn't come right i wil return the items and fund other. meams. of obtaining an device i am really. sorty. dor offemding anyone amd expecialy you Vic never. nor. was it. my intension to take adcantage. of. your good hearted.ness,

@Charles007 I seriously do not want to argue about this,

I was upset but so over it, as some mentioned since there are no rules and various other angles, I realized that these are not my goods to start with, so please, knock yourself out, sell away.

Please do not return it.

regards

I would just like to give a special thanks to @Hooked not only has she sponsored 3 prizes towards the 21 May vape meet, but also donated the below to the PIF Box !!

what a lady, thanks so much !

20220516_164508.jpg

Back