1st try at Parallel

Sweet . So how does she vape ? Tried parallels a few times but always end up going back to twisted coils. I seem to get better flavour & vapour production

i find that big twisted builds have a "metallic" flavour at too high wattages

Paracoils are great when space is limited

Parallel for me in the RM2 is my favourite build for MTL hardcore tobacco
29g Vapowire
5 double wraps, small 1.6mm ID for more crispness
About 0.45 ohms
Heaven

I'm loving it so far. Flavour is way better than the old coils I used to use. My only small gripe is that even at 101W it takes a little while to ramp up.
other than that, its great

I'm loving it so far. Flavour is way better than the old coils I used to use. My only small gripe is that even at 101W it takes a little while to ramp up.

Your coil looks great @HalfLifeZA
What atty is that? And what gauge of wire?

Do you torch before twisting or after twisting?

i straighten with a drill and then twist the wires. once twisted i torch the length and then wrap my coil. after its installed i dry burn it on the mod

i straighten with a drill and then twist the wires. once twisted i torch the length and then wrap my coil. after its installed i dry burn it on the mod
Try torching each strand before putting them together. This is just my theory and not sound science but the oxide layer on each before they are twisted is more intimate and "Isolate" the two wires where they touch. No metallic flavor for me.:2c:

Try torching each strand before putting them together. This is just my theory and not sound science but the oxide layer on each before they are twisted is more intimate and "Isolate" the two wires where they touch. No metallic flavor for me.:2c:

ive tried it, but it ruins the strands. especially when twisting 22g

i find that big twisted builds have a "metallic" flavour at too high wattages
I used to get a slight metallic taste when using the plumeveil dripper with large diameter coils but this would happen with both twisted & single strand builds. I assumed it was just a kak quality clone.

On the Velocity(max 3.5mm diameter) & tanks(max 2.5 mm) I've never got the metallic taste even at high watts.

ive tried it, but it ruins the strands. especially when twisting 22g
22 gauge ? I don't think I'd have the finger strength to wrap those around a bit:D

I only twist 26/28g . Tried 24g once & it was too much of an effort to twist & wrap.

Same here . Ramp up time sucked . Had to vape at 110w which also made the dripper too hot for my liking

It is hot, but not too hot IMO. And the increase in clouds and flavour is amazing!
I went from single 4 wraps to this so the jump in flavour is an eye opener
Sweet . Next up we need to give Claptons a try. Some love it and some don't but I'm always willing anything once

Sweet . Next up we need to give Claptons a try. Some love it and some don't but I'm always willing anything once
Claptons is my next thing to try. I want to play around with the parallels a bit first, but then will try Claptons.
There is a part of me that wants to try see if I can fit quad parallels into my atty :)

Claptons is my next thing to try. I want to play around with the parallels a bit first, but then will try Claptons.
There is a part of me that wants to try see if I can fit quad parallels into my atty :)
I'm already feeling sorry for those batteries:D

dont stop there!!!

go for parallel claptons :)

Back