Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

I reached out to Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos to thank him for all the work that he is doing in the field of vaping research.

For those who don't know, Dr Farsalinos is a cardiologist that has put in a massive amount of effort recently into researching the effects of vaping on our health. He is fighting a brave fight against the colossal might of the tobacco and pharma industries. In my view he needs to be applauded and supported.

I asked him if he could send us ECIGS SA members a message that I would then post on our forum.

Here is what he sent me:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

"The scientific community always supports the right of smokers to use an alternative, less harmful product.

We will always support the initiative of e-cigarette users to organize themselves in forums and defend their right to choose, and to protect their health.

E-cigarettes probably represent a revolution in tobacco harm reduction, and we expect significant benefits on smokers who switch from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes.

In this context, I wish to the South African vaping community every success in their efforts to support their rights.
We will always stand by them and support their goals.

Your efforts should concentrate on proper information of both vapers and smokers but also on applying pressure to the manufacturers to actively engage in research and testing of the products.

You all deserve good quality products and proper testing and research to establish the benefits and potential problems of e-cigarette use.

Good luck and be patient. We are fighting for the truth to prevail, and it will."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

What a fantastic message this is!

This guy is great and I am so glad he is out there fighting the fight. He needs to be supported.

You can look him up on FaceBook and you can check out several of his research studies on the following web site:
www.ecigarette-research.com

@Tom - you were right a year ago - this guy is good ;-)

Great work silver. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. have to say you gies are really on top of things on this forum.

That is just awesome @Silver, well done.

Sent from my Reo

well done Silver and to Dr Farsalinos keep up the good work and thank you for taking the time to respond to ecigssa.

That's a positive message of note. We should give him big thanks for his contributions and research done in our favour. And above all his support of vaping over smoking.

@Silver what's the chances of making his message a sticky in the health matters section where everyone can just post a thanks to the Dr himself. Possibly export that thread and send to the Dr so he can see he has our support as well

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's a positive message of note. We should give him big thanks for his contributions and research done in our favour. And above all his support of vaping over smoking.

@Silver what's the chances of making his message a sticky in the health matters section where everyone can just post a thanks to the Dr himself. Possibly export that thread and send to the Dr so he can see he has our support as well

Thanks for the suggestion @Marzuq
This thread has been made into a sticky
And I agree, feel free to post messages of thanks to Dr Farsalinos here.

I have shared this thread URL with him - so that he can see it if he has the time.

Over and above posting messages of thanks, which no doubt helps and encourages - take a moment to check out some of his research and spread the word. Even if you share some of his findings with just one or two people you are doing a great thing.

Thanks for the suggestion @Marzuq
This thread has been made into a sticky
And I agree, feel free to post messages of thanks to Dr Farsalinos here.

I have shared this thread URL with him - so that he can see it if he has the time.

Over and above posting messages of thanks, which no doubt helps and encourages - take a moment to check out some of his research and spread the word. Even if you share some of his findings with just one or two people you are doing a great thing.

Awesome I will most certainly do so. Other than Facebook where can we find more info on his work?

Thank you @Silver for your brilliant effort, and grate idea. This is just amazing! :rock:

Vaping with Thor the Reo Mini

To you @Silver a huge THANK YOU, you sir are a true campion of the cause, we applaud you.

And an even bigger THANK YOU to Dr.Farsalinos, for your efforts to fight for our rights to choose that which is good for ourselves. Your streangth and courage are a inspiration to us all. Thank you for giving us the ammunition to fight for what is right for us and for giving us peace of mind to enjoy a healthier life.

Vapors of South Africa and the world applaud you sir. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I know this is an old thread, but this is just fantastic. Thank you @Silver and the good DR. and every single one involved in this forum. Its this my adopted family, which is now the driving force behind me taking back my life from Big tobacco and its threads like this one that helps me see another tobacco free day.

Awesome work guys!!!

I just received an email from Dr F about the latest test results that show the presence of aldehyde in flavorings. He will look into it and inform us. Seems that the sweet stuff (sugar?) such as watermelon might be the culprit.

Back