Advice needed - getting a mech squonk

CTRiaan

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I want to get a mechanical squonker and could do with some help.

I would like a mid to high end setup, but I'm also willing to look at something like the RAM or Squeezer - not the Pulse.

Should I go with something like the Monark Clear Edition(new), Mato Box(new), VA Arkon(used) or a Molly V2(used), all going for about R1500?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ps. I know Ohm's Law, battery safety, etc.

Considered a Luxotic BF Box? It's a semi-mech box that's cheap, well built and is a great all-rounder. I'm still really happy with mine.

I want to get a mechanical squonker and could do with some help.

I would like a mid to high end setup, but I'm also willing to look at something like the RAM or Squeezer - not the Pulse.

Should I go with something like the Monark Clear Edition(new), Mato Box(new), VA Arkon(used) or a Molly V2(used), all going for about R1500?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ps. I know Ohm's Law, battery safety, etc.
I have a Monark Resurgence and I vaped on a Molly V2, VA Arkon and a Mato Box before.

Out of those four I would go for the Molly - built quality is amazing and hits like a train. I know the Monark and Monark Resurgence are different but based on the build quality of the Resurgence I wouldn't be too keen on a Monark

Really enjoy the twins, my Lost Vape Furyans. They are a bit heavy but solid. I build high but never been disappointed with the result when I press the button. Like the lock feature on them, bit of peace of mind, as much as you can have with a mech. But I am going to get a Limelight at some stage as well.:D

9692D603-211F-4892-9500-504F97A56C5A.jpeg

Really enjoy the twins, my Lost Vape Furyans. They are a bit heavy but solid. I build high but never been disappointed with the result when I press the button. Like the lock feature on them, bit of peace of mind, as much as you can have with a mech. But I am going to get a Limelight at some stage as well.:D

View attachment 156156
Did you buy the ultem like that with the shiny(?)battery holder. See Jayahaize was going on about the carbon fibre that looked bad and put a piece of carpet over it

Did you buy the ultem like that with the shiny(?)battery holder. See Jayahaize was going on about the carbon fibre that looked bad and put a piece of carpet over it
That’s the way I got mine, believe some got it with the carbon fiber, just my luck I think. I liked the look, the carbon would spoil it in my opinion.

That’s the way I got mine, believe some got it with the carbon fiber, just my luck I think. I liked the look, the carbon would spoil it in my opinion.
Yes been eyeing that one at VK for two months. Dont know why I want a mech, as I like mtl and low watts. But was thinking id I have do disassemble the whole thing like Jay, to change that carbon look

I have owned almost all of those mods,in my opinion:

Arkon is on the large side,but works a charm.If the size doesnt bother you,awesome mod.

Mato is awesome,silver contacts and hits hard.Not too fond of the 510 setup though.

Molly V2 is awesome,if you have silver contacts,I hate needing to clean and polish internals.

Im not a fan of the Monark at all.Havent owned one but vaped on a few and IMO its far from the Molly or Mato.

My all time favourite, my Bolt V3.Stainless contacts and accessories are available.Theres a blue one for sale with extra doors at a great price in the classies,and its in Cpt,assuming you are from here?

Give Derek a shout if you wanna get a feel for it.

View attachment 156156

these twins are welcome at my house anytime !

You can also have a look at the Ohm Boy Rage dual battery squonk. I only enjoy mine and can't find any problem with it. It also is regulated.

Attachments

• WIN_20180830_14_10_19_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180830_14_10_19_Pro.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 25
I have owned almost all of those mods,in my opinion:

Arkon is on the large side,but works a charm.If the size doesnt bother you,awesome mod.

Mato is awesome,silver contacts and hits hard.Not too fond of the 510 setup though.

Molly V2 is awesome,if you have silver contacts,I hate needing to clean and polish internals.

Im not a fan of the Monark at all.Havent owned one but vaped on a few and IMO its far from the Molly or Mato.

My all time favourite, my Bolt V3.Stainless contacts and accessories are available.Theres a blue one for sale with extra doors at a great price in the classies,and its in Cpt,assuming you are from here?

Give Derek a shout if you wanna get a feel for it.

+1 on the Bolt , never got what the hype was about but since getting one in a trade I must eat some humble pie....

Hits like a Brakpan Auntie on Brannas and you can always upgrade internals etc later to silver.

Vaperite has the RAM at a bargain price - https://www.vaperite.co.za/product/stentorian-ram-bf-box-mod/

The gold button is seriously tacky though. Just note that it is not really a fully mechanical mod as it has a wire running down the back to complete the circuit. I modded mine to make it fully mechanical. Mine is sanded and polished also so I don't think it counts as a standard mod anymore. With all that said I love it!

img_20181222_193255-jpg.154343

Vaperite has the RAM at a bargain price - https://www.vaperite.co.za/product/stentorian-ram-bf-box-mod/

The gold button is seriously tacky though. Just note that it is not really a fully mechanical mod as it has a wire running down the back to complete the circuit. I modded mine to make it fully mechanical. Mine is sanded and polished also so I don't think it counts as a standard mod anymore. With all that said I love it!
I've thought about getting one and converting it.

Back