And today's question is ......

we've done it before... why quit now...

I have enough cotton to see me through about 2 years, my main tanks have enough spares (orings and screws and glass replacements). Mods should last me a while. Batteries will be available even if vaping "ends", wire too... Juice I can make.... jip, I think I am ready for the vapepocalypse!

1652713024278.png

Joining the resistance ;)
we've done it before... why quit now...

I have enough cotton to see me through about 2 years, my main tanks have enough spares (orings and screws and glass replacements). Mods should last me a while. Batteries will be available even if vaping "ends", wire too... Juice I can make.... jip, I think I am ready for the vapepocalypse!

View attachment 255980
Viva Las Vegas!!!

Being in the UK finding out our politicians were having parties while the average Joe wasn't even allowed to attend funerals of loved ones me thinks nobody will ever again obey anything our Government tries to impose, it would just get the middle finger!

How deep underground we talking?
This is a pertinent question.

- Taxed (to death) - yes. Want to see how they regulate DIY. They cannot tax the flavours since vaping does not even make up a tenth of the market buying this. If they tax nicotine, I will just cut down a bit, but continue nonetheless
- Lockdown levels ('when people zol' and all) - hell yes, I will just receive some 'hand sanitiser' parcels from specific suppliers again every now and then to help make the stuff I need
- China levels - this will be more difficult, but I should be able to make a plan. Very likely will have to move from DL to MTL so that my exhale does not look like a steam train plowing through some desert oasis (specifically when driving, when at home, the neighbours will just think 'damn, this guy braais a lot'). Alas, the nic I have will be very sparsely used.

In short, yes. Just depends on the level of underground and how sneakily this is to be done.

I have never stocked so much juice and nicotine than during the first lockdown. If you want something to get sold, ban it!

I was discussing this with my wife recently. There was a time when we had a heated argument, I'd go out and drive around for 1 hour or so until I cool down. I guess I'm gonna buy me a pair of sneakers!

Petrol is becoming so expensive these days, I am going to start to have to walk to the bottle store...

Today's question

How are you dealing with the fuel increases.

Being in the transport industry it makes for some unneeded problems... now we have to adjust the prices to clients and suppliers accordingly, which ultimately means the end user/consumer will pay for the increase, so we pay twice, once to fill up our cars to go buy the goods and when we buy the goods... that means to mitigate an increase we need to look at cost saving and cheaper transport options, which means the loss of service as cheapest is not always the best, which means the manufacturer suffers due to not getting stock in time, which means the end user/consumer does not get stock in time and has to go to the shop twice or drive around to find what they are looking for... so the increase does not stop at Fuel increase, the ripple effect is bigger than we think... and it is scary to even start thinking about it.

Being in the transport industry it makes for some unneeded problems... now we have to adjust the prices to clients and suppliers accordingly, which ultimately means the end user/consumer will pay for the increase, so we pay twice, once to fill up our cars to go buy the goods and when we buy the goods... that means to mitigate an increase we need to look at cost saving and cheaper transport options, which means the loss of service as cheapest is not always the best, which means the manufacturer suffers due to not getting stock in time, which means the end user/consumer does not get stock in time and has to go to the shop twice or drive around to find what they are looking for... so the increase does not stop at Fuel increase, the ripple effect is bigger than we think... and it is scary to even start thinking about it.
What's almost even scarier is that they're foreseeing a R40/lt price by the end of the year... Driving is going to become a rich man's commodity

Don't know how far down the line you are in SA but here in the UK I can tell you my energy costs have tripled in a year (and are going to massively go up again in October), fuel is through the roof and that knock on effect you mention means they have inflation at about 7% (Cost of fuel and also stuff like Aluminium and Wheat, Sunflower etc in low supply)! But in reality we have a new way of measuring inflation to make the Government look better which has it much lower than if it was measured by the old method which would have it at <10% and even that method didn't really reflect the true figure and neither include energy! In reality once including energy (and fuel) inflation is over 20% which has left me with no disposable income so I can no longer review vaping products as I can't afford the fees and duty anymore!

Last edited:
Don't know how far the line you are in SA but here in the UK I can tell you my energy costs have tripled in a year (and are going to massively go up again in October), fuel is through the roof and that knock on effect you mention means they have inflation at about 7% (Cost of fuel and also stuff like Aluminium and Wheat, Sunflower etc in low supply)! But in reality we have a new way of measuring inflation to make the Government look better which has it much lower than if it was measured by the old method which would have it at <10% and even that method didn't really reflect the true figure and neither include energy! In reality once including energy (and fuel) inflation is over 20% which has left me with no disposable income so I can no longer review vaping products as I can't afford the fees and duty anymore!
Same here, same here... Inflation is linked to things like houses and cars, etc. as well but true inflation based on consumer goods such as groceries, etc is also over 20%

Back