Appreciate some insight on the legislation

HaloVapes

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone :)

I need some insight from people who are more knowledgeable than I on the topic. So I just started an online store, how likely is it that legislation passes which pretty much makes my business illegal? Also is there anything we can realistically do to stop this? I've signed the petitions I've seen but the numbers aren't exactly overwhelming :/

Any insight is much appreciated :)

I need some insight from people who are more knowledgeable than I on the topic. So I just started an online store, how likely is it that legislation passes which pretty much makes my business illegal? Also is there anything we can realistically do to stop this? I've signed the petitions I've seen but the numbers aren't exactly overwhelming :/

Sorry that I can't offer advice but I feel your pain. Here in the States legislators are being bought off by the dozen by big tobacco and pharmaceutical to wipe out this life saving choice.In my home of Rhode Island it is full on assault by our crooked politicians that only have our best interests in mind.I try to answer the call to arms and contact my reps but the form generated responses I get only prove that they know nothing on the matter and the fix is in.Good luck.

perhaps get in touch with some other vendors here, get a feel of how they see their future

Hi @HaloVapes

At this stage the legislation you are talking about is a proposed bill. If it is not challenged, it could take up to 2 years for it to finally get passed into law - as I understand.

However, the Vapour Product Association (VPA) is trying to co-ordinate an effort amongst various stakeholders to challenge several aspects of the proposed bill for the benefit of vaping.

I suggest you get in touch with them to find out what more you can do to support this.

The VPA is a supporting vendor here on the forum and will also be an exhibitor at the upcoming VapeCon 2018 event on 25/26th August at Heartfelt Arena in Pretoria. Come find them there and have a chat to them.

The 2 year period is a slight sigh of relief for me @Silver
I doubt I could manage without vaping anytime soon and I honestly wouldn't want to experience it either way.

I think that each member of the public could affect the proposed bill through petitions and spreading awareness to people through word of mouth and in other manners.
Let's hope for the best.

@Silver oh thank goodness, two year grace period is great news for me, I can sleep a little easier now.
I'll definitely get in contact with the VPA and try help out where I can. Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Back