Banting

Metal Liz

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
excuse the ignorance here hahaha... but what is banting....? :blush:

you've heard of the Atkins diet? well Mr Atkins "borrowed" the idea from a chap in the 1800's named Dr Banting. So basically the Atkin's diet is the new Banting diet ;)

basically if you like bacon you can bant. ... it is a dietry adjustment where you minimize carbs and maximize on natural fats. your body then goes through a process whereby it learns to generate energy from fat, not sugars or starches.

not to be confused with paleo diet or justin beaber beat boxing into a can of ants.

it is healthy, and with vaping thrown in i am more health conscious than ever. in two and half months lost 16kg, doctor was so happy he sent me around the other doctors to show proof....

ek was 'n d@nnerse walvis. soon i will be a streamlined tuna.

And just for the record my sweet wife has had me on the banting diet for sometime now and I weigh the least I have done in a few years... yes the diet certainly works abut man Oh man do I miss bread and toast! :(

basically if you like bacon you can bant. ... it is a dietry adjustment where you minimize carbs and maximize on natural fats. your body then goes through a process whereby it learns to generate energy from fat, not sugars or starches.

not to be confused with paleo diet or justin beaber beat boxing into a can of ants.

it is healthy, and with vaping thrown in i am more health conscious than ever. in two and half months lost 16kg, doctor was so happy he sent me around the other doctors to show proof....

ek was 'n d@nnerse walvis. soon i will be a streamlined tuna.

Thank you for explaining. Now I know too. Maybe it can work, so what must I do exactly

you can buy the books online from Tim Noaks... but the link in the above is the basic rules.

eat anything that is green in any amount you need. you can eat proteins and natural fats.... you are more looking at natural fats. also any oils used MUST be from a nut, not a seed. any seed product is to be avoided, any bean or peanut is to be avoided. you drop your intake of carbs to a moer of a small amount.

anything white, or grown underground is to be avoided. we want natural fats....stop buying any 'low-fat' product, its in anycase a buttload of bull...and costs more

10 golden rules of Banting

1. Remember: this is not a high protein diet. It's a high fat, medium protein, low carb way of eating

2. Choose real foods that look like what they are, and cook them from scratch

3. Fat is not the enemy. Enjoy it!

4. Eat only when you are hungry; eat until you are satisfied - then stop

5. Don't eat when you're not hungry. You won't die if you occasionally skip a meal you don't feel like eating.

6. Stop snacking. You won't need to - it's just a habit.

7. No sugar. It's an addiction, and it's probably best to go cold turkey. But if you need to make it a transition, substitute with Stevia, Zylitol or Erythritol - NOT artificial sweeteners.

8. No grains of any kind

9. No (or very, very little) fruit. Think of it as a sweet rather than a health snack.

10. Embrace eggs. They're healthy, satisfying and very good for you.

What Tim Noakes eats

Health24 asked Prof Noakes to give us an idea of what one can eat on the Banting diet.

"I eat eggs, bacon, sausage for breakfast OR cheese, yoghurt and the previous night's fat/protein meal.

For lunch I will snack on cheese, nuts, biltong and for dinner one of the delicious meals from Real Meal Revolution with lots of vegetables/salads.

Once you get the addictive sugar/carbs out of your diet, your brain will automatically regulate the number of calories that you need so that your body weight eventually becomes the weight it is meant to be.

Read: what people think about the Tim Noakes diet

:wait: BTW the thing that makes e-liquids sweet is Stevia.... so you are already banting, and you don't know it :giggle:

Does anyone have the guidelines for the diet on pdf so I can print it out here at work? And oh please don't send me a "let me google that for you" link hahaha. I just started with cycling last weekend and absolutely loving it, my lung capacity is returning to normal with vaping so I want to get fit and healthy, so if I can throw a healthy diet in there too I'd be kicking in on the beach with my (in the back of the cupboard) bikini on the beach for the december holidays :rock:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

That is soooo cool. I only need to to kick the sugar and rice and potato and use my emmer vol skaap vet to cook in and I'm all set :clap:

That is soooo cool. I only need to to kick the sugar and rice and potato and use my emmer vol skaap vet to cook in and I'm all set :clap:
Sheep fat is dirt cheap - 1.5 KG of sheep vat from Fruit and Veg meat market is R15... get yourself a lekker swart pot and prep the vat.... drain the vat into a metal container and you have healthy lard to prep veggies in.

best recipe for a good breakfast:

1. knob of butter + hand-full of fatty biltong fry until crispy
  2. prep omelet (2-3 eggs)
  3. throw in the biltong and top it of with some cream cheese and chopped chives

you will not get hungry untill 16:00

SERIAS

Sheep fat is dirt cheap - 1.5 KG of sheep vat from Fruit and Veg meat market is R15... get yourself a lekker swart pot and prep the vat.... drain the vat into a metal container and you have healthy lard to prep veggies in.

best recipe for a good breakfast:

1. knob of butter + hand-full of fatty biltong fry until crispy
  2. prep omelet (2-3 eggs)
  3. throw in the biltong and top it of with some cream cheese and chopped chives

you will not get hungry untill 16:00

SERIAS

Thats what I hade for lunch on Monday :rofl:

It definately works :) Giz and I have been doing it for a month and already lost 10Kg each

Wow, congratulations to you two !!!!

I've picked up 15 kg in the last year. That is from the time I moved in with Jaco. So its all his fault!!

Think I should give this a go, still carrying the effects of my first attempt at dropping stinkies cold turkey.

Wow, congratulations to you two !!!!

I've picked up 15 kg in the last year. That is from the time I moved in with Jaco. So its all his fault!!
we can shake hands I picked up 15kg since I started vaping lol

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

man now i want to go get myself some sheep fat. if i fry bread in it i'll gain weight right?

I've been following this lifestyle for a year and a half now and lost about 40kg, it works really well and eventually changes from being a diet to becoming a lifestyle. I have customized it a bit over time though. Feel free to PM if you have any questions and I'll be happy to assist where possible. Once you start you won't regret it ;)

Ui8DHpW.jpg

Back