Baron RDA - Geekvape

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Baron RDA from Geekvape. The Baron RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/baron-rda/

Introduction

Geekvape need no introduction but what does their latest RDA "The Baron" have to offer that isn't the usual. Well it has a one piece sleeve and then a multifunctional airflow sleeve that fits onto the deck giving the user to choice between a cloud chucking RDA or a smooth flavour RDA. The Baron comes with a good amount of spares as well as coils and cotton, so let's get into more detail and have a look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1x Geekvape Baron RDA
2x Feather Cotton
1x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
2x Coils
1x Spare parts pack
1x T-piece tool
1x Hex Wrench
1x 810 Drip Tip
1x User Manual
1x Promotion card & warranty card

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Baron RDA came in the usual sample packaging comprising of Orange box with plain Black Lid which most Geekvape samples come in. The RDA is a very nice shape recessing in the middle section which houses the airflow slots and engraving, i received the Stainless Steel version. The Baron is also available in Rainbow, Violet, Blue, Gunmetal, Black, and Gold, all versions come with a resin 810 drip tip pre-installed. As already mentioned the centre section of the sleeve is recessed and within this section we have "BARON" nicely engraved, to either side we have 4 vertical airflow slots. Around the very top of the sleeve we have a thin band of knurling, moving to the base we have etched branding and safety stamps, a standard Gold plated 510 pin is pre-installed which is hybrid safe.

Baron RDA Specs and Features:

Size: 24(D) x 28.8mm
Type: Dual Coils RDA
Juice Well Depth: 6mm
Drip Tip: 810/510(with adaptor)
Dual post deck for easy dual coil building
Multifunctional and adjustable airflow system
One-piece airflow cap with retaining ring preventing leakage
Resin drip tip and PMMA drip tip
Standard 510 and BF squonk 510 pin included
Colours: Rainbow, Violet, Blue, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Black, Gold

The Baron's Various Sections

Starting at the top we have an 810 Resin drip-tip installed and your own 810's will fit. Included is another 810 which is a PMMA material, you also get a 510 adaptor. The Baron has a one-piece sleeve so you need to attach to a device to pull off, this sleeve has 4 airflow slots each side positioned vertically. We then have the deck of course, as well as a multifunctional airflow sleeve that locks onto the deck, a BF pin is included.

The Airflow

As mentioned the sleeve has 4 vertical slots either side and it's this sleeve that you turn to adjust airflow. There is an airflow sleeve that locks in position over the deck that has 4 vertical slots on 2 sides that match the slots on the outer sleeve, the other 2 sides have 3 rows of 4 holes each side, simply place the airflow sleeve with which ever airflow type you want lined up with the coils and it locks on to the deck, it also has a fitted o-ring. Before even using the Baron it's clear that the combined airflow of the 4 slots either side will give a lot of air and foggy days while the series of holes will give a smoother vape with improved flavour.

The Deck and Build

The deck has 2 central posts each with a large post hole so each hole is shared, the screws get tightened from the top, you get 2 spare sets of screws 1 set are hex the other set are flatheads like the installed ones. I like this deck as the post holes are closer together than on most decks and the leads slot straight in without having to stretch the coils. First fit the coils individually to cut the leads to length then simply push the legs of both coils through the post holes and hold in position while tightening the screws down coiling rods can be used but as the coils need to be quite close to the posts i found it easy enough just to push the coils up to the posts while fastening the leads. The airflow sleeve fits to the inside of the decks parameter and also has a bottom shelf so as mentioned your coils do need to be positioned near to the posts and 3.0 ID max should be used to allow the sleeve to fit without touching the coils. Wicking is straight forward just wick as usual, the included shoelace cotton makes wicking a doddle. The post section between the positive and negative has sloped sides so when dripping the e-liquid will be directed evenly to both sides of the deck.

My Experience Using The Baron

I found the build on the Baron to be very easy and the post holes plenty big enough for the two legs that need to fit through, the only thing that needs to be aware of is as i have already mentioned you have to leave room for the airflow sleeve. Usually i exchange for the BF pin when there is one included but on this occasion i used the Baron as a standard dripper and had no issues, the slope post wall worked well dispersing the liquid evenly. I used the supplied coils that look like claptons but no specs are given anywhere but the build came out at 0.13ohm. I tried the Baron with both airflow types and without doubt the slots are for cloud chucking, masses of air (too much for my liking) and the wattage can be turned right up but really lacking in flavour. I much preferred the Baron with the holed airflow which while not giving blow me away flavour still gave good flavour as well as the airflow being much smoother. The only thing that did happen a couple of times was when i pulled the sleeve off the airflow sleeve also came off but once aware of this i just removed the sleeve with less zealous and the airflow sleeve stayed put.

Well made with good machining
Multifunctional airflow sleeve
Cloud chaser or flavour RDA
Good flavour (but not great) with holed airflow
Very smooth with holed airflow
Masses of air with slot airflow (not for me but still a pro to have the option)
Had no issues as dripper
Even liquid dispersion
BF pin included
Good amount of spares
Included coils and cotton
510 adaptor
Good colour options

Cons

If not careful the airflow sleeve can come off when removing outer sleeve
Limited room due to the airflow sleeve with shelf.
No coil specs

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape for supplying the Baron RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/baron-rda/

Back