Batteries at All Day Vapes

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Batteries have become a bit of a headache since we started the hardware section of All Day Vapes.

For many years my staples were LG HG2's and Samsung's 30Q's. Good, solid, reliable batteries. So when starting the h/w that is of course where I headed for immediately.

Alas, things had changed drastically. No doubt genuine HG2's and 30Q's were still good, solid and reliable batteries but the problem was I found the market filled with fakes. Fakes have been around a long time of course, but since these companies changed their sales strategies, fakes have flooded the vaping market.

I got ahold of a goodly lot of 30Q's, decided to check them out and found them to all be fakes. So I couldn't sell them.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/just-a-heads-up-on-30qs.t72877/#post-922826

This is the reason we have not offered LG and Samsung batteries for sale, rather focusing on Molicels and a sprinkling of other batteries that appear to be goodish. It is not that all HG and Samsung are fake, it's just that unless I scrutinize every battery, the likelihood that I'd have fakes amongst them is high.

An itch to scratch, new cheese to find. So off I went to see what the highly-regarded tester Mooch was doing.

Reading through his very extensive lists of tests, I found one brand that he has tested quite a lot of, and found them to be good to excellent, often comparing them to the HG, Samsung and Sony cells. Vapcell stood out as quite widely tested and though not really offered in SA they seem to be carried by quite a few of the UK and US suppliers.

I had some conversations with Vapcell. One was re their Green 2600mAh battery, some have thought it a Molicel P26a rewrap. After a few giggles they pointed out to me that inferior cells are rewrapped to big brands, not superior cells to smaller brands. Doesn't make economic sense. Sure, it could be a brand-building exercise, but one battery in their quite large range of batteries will hardly do much in that direction.

I got some batteries from them, and they all tested good, and close to claimed capacity. I don't have professional testing equipment, nor the time and inclination to also become a battery expert, but I know enough about vaping batteries to feel comfortable with what they sent me in quite a large batch.

So I decided to carry some of their batteries along with Molicels, a selection that was tested and highly rated by Mooch.

They will be on offer soon.

https://alldayvapes.co.za/product-category/batteries-chargers/

Last edited:
We'll also be offering batteries wholesale, contact us if interested.

We now offer discounts on Molicel 18650/21700 batteries when bundled with mods, as well as retail volume discounts on the cells.

Just a word on the Vapcells. The feedback has been good and even though the brand is not widely recognised here, their sales have been steady. So we are in the process of restocking them, as well as getting some of their chargers with good reviews.

So to those wondering if they will continue to be available here, the answer is yes,

For many years my staples were LG HG2's and Samsung's 30Q's. Good, solid, reliable batteries. So when starting the h/w that is of course where I headed for immediately.

Alas, things had changed drastically. No doubt genuine HG2's and 30Q's were still good, solid and reliable batteries but the problem was I found the market filled with fakes. Fakes have been around a long time of course, but since these companies changed their sales strategies, fakes have flooded the vaping market.

I got ahold of a goodly lot of 30Q's, decided to check them out and found them to all be fakes. So I couldn't sell them.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/just-a-heads-up-on-30qs.t72877/#post-922826

This is the reason we have not offered LG and Samsung batteries for sale, rather focusing on Molicels and a sprinkling of other batteries that appear to be goodish. It is not that all HG and Samsung are fake, it's just that unless I scrutinize every battery, the likelihood that I'd have fakes amongst them is high.
I have learnt a ton about batteries this past year, and though I love Q30's and LG I cannot compete with many prices offered locally if I sell what I know to be genuine Samsung and LG cells.

My price on them (18650's - 21700's even worse) would have to be a bare minimum of R215 ea. Nobody will buy.

Those of you that know us (those that don't just look around on our website) know that we are very reasonably priced on all hardware, including batteries, In fact probably the lowest in the country on most items. So I know how to source genuine hardware at great prices.

Last edited:
I'll add to this. I purchased some Vapcells when they were on special and they have been performing beautifully. Thanks for stocking them @YeOldeOke , I'll be getting more of these in due time.

Back