Blue batteries from china (eg. inside power banks; laptops; and tesla cars)

IVapesDaNicotine

My name Jeff
LV

Awards
Ive recently stripped a few electronic devices that were broken or old and salvaged some blue batteries out of them. Im too sissy* to use them in a mod(I like my hands and face intact). But is it unnecesary sissyness* or is it smart or whatever. My question is has anybody used them in a hybrid mod and how did it go? No judgement, just driving me mad having them here and waiting for my lg's to charge. *-means changed word so i don't offend people or whatever

Last edited:
I am not the most PC person around, but this is a public forum for a community which I hope tries to be at least a bit tolerant, so the words bud, bit rough.

As for the batteries, chances are they would not have near the amperage you require. Just no.

Edit: Not strictly true, some of the batteries might be fine seeing as they are supposed to be made for the exact purpose in the first place, but if you don't have a whole testing station, I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
So lets muse for a moment. If these blue batteries are all rejects (class b-d) from 5 companies that produce 18650's we wont know the CDR right? Class b rejects that were rewrapped might be fine but the lower class ones the c-d's?. where is the rating chart for c-d class rejects. id like to see it if anybody knows where to find it. but my batteries just finished charging so im good for now. I saw a "schematic" for a tester board, but who has 2 months to wait for the parts from china to build the thing, just to find some parts missing or broken then reship them wait more months then solder it all together in a hard wired mess of cables. or buy a testing station for more cash than 20 original class-A batteries. maybe i can just get a small regulated box and throw them in there. But seriously hasnt anybody just tried throwing one in a mech just to see what happens? Ive seen people drive while they are on cocaine it looked scary as f! If there are people who do that there must be one who said f-it im going to vape this and throw caution to the wind

but seriously hasnt anybody just tried throwing one in a mech just to see what happens?
No just like you were are all scared of what might happen, no no correction- what will happen.
If u are just curious like me, short the battery and throw it on an empty space like a open ground. You will see what happens. Also there are Youtube video's of people shorting the batteries.

I have a friend who once told me he was afraid of heights, because he always felt the urge to jump off...

I think this is a similar urge that @IVapesDaNicotine is having with these batteries! :-D

Ive recently stripped a few electronic devices that were broken or old and salvaged some blue batteries out of them. Im too sissy* to use them in a mod(I like my hands and face intact). But is it unnecesary sissyness* or is it smart or whatever. My question is has anybody used them in a hybrid mod and how did it go? No judgement, just driving me mad having them here and waiting for my lg's to charge. *-means changed word so i don't offend people or whatever

If there's no result when googling the code then I plain dont put them in a mod, especially laptop batts, they're not designed for greater than 10amp draw and a lot of the older ones have a max of 4A... you'd have to be mental to put them in a mod.

I recently salvaged a makita power pack and those 15L's have a max of 10A, I have used them a few times in a regulated mod, at 40w which translates to a 9A max draw.
Bottom line, know your sh1t, play it safe.

What about using these batteries for an MTL squonker?

Honestly i wouldnt risk it

I spoke to a guy this weekend at a convention who bought "Samsung Imr 25s" from China mall for R50 for two.

Now i definitely wouldnt trust that
They were labled as such with a sticker but didnt see what the battery had printed on it...

This got me thinking... maybe they strip laptops and sell them as vape batteries... hmm...

Honestly i wouldnt risk it

I spoke to a guy this weekend at a convention who bought "Samsung Imr 25s" from China mall for R50 for two.

Now i definitely wouldnt trust that
They were labled as such with a sticker but didnt see what the battery had printed on it...

This got me thinking... maybe they strip laptops and sell them as vape batteries... hmm...
Laptop batteries, old batteries, quality rejects, low CDR batteries rewrapped as high amp batteries ....these clone batteries can be anything but the original.

I would have suggested making a power bank lol
I had a power bank (still do) that had one of these blue ones in, I tossed the batt after about 5 months of very infrequent use, and rebuilt it with a LG turd, now going swimmingly. It has worked more and better - so I fathom these blue batts for vaping = idiots with mechs = natural selection.

Back