Building Issues

Lightbringer

Rabbit Hole and all....
LV

Awards
I bought myself a Ammit MTL RTA. Didn't want to start making my own coils right away till I could do the research for it. So I got myself some geek vape MTL Fused Claptons. I have only used the 0.6 ones so far and am having great difficulty.

The first few times I wicked it I kept getting a popping sound and feeling. So I made the cotton thicker. No popping sound anymore but I'm getting absolutely no taste. It's like I'm vaping water. I have tried various juices. A 70/30 commercial juice and a 50/50 commercial juice. And a few of my own DIY juices. At 50/50, 70/30 And 60/30. All are VG/PG. The one commercial juice has cinnamon in it, which is normally a strong flavour.

When using the cinnamon one, which is a dark colour, I notice that the wicking is dark on both sides, but still white inside the coil itself. I'm assuming this is normal, as the heat from the coil would burn away the juice. And the cotton hasn't burnt, which it would do if juice wasn't getting in there.

I don't have any plain wire to try variations of coils to see if anyone would improve taste, but I'm going to try and play around a bit.

I'm going to try move the coil lower down, as I had it higher up in the first place. I'm also going to try take a 0.8 premade coil and space it out to see if that's any better.

But I have been vaping "water" for a few days now, hoping it was vapours tongue and would wear away. I even tried the fresh coffee bean inhale and drinking room temperature water to no avail. I'm now thinking it's something I'm doing wrong with the build.

So if anyone has experienced the no flavour before, and managed to fix it, your advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm dying for some flavour right now.

First thing is first, did you dry fire and ensure even heating?

This sounds like hotspots. On wicking, your first wicking sounds closer to correct. Too much cotton will produce no taste or cotton taste.

This sounds like hotspots. On wicking, your first wicking sounds closer to correct. Too much cotton will produce no taste or cotton taste.
Thank you. I'll try thinner cotton then to see.

Thank you. I'll try thinner cotton then to see.

I always try to ensure that there is a little bit of tension. When pulling from both sides, after it is in there. Just to ensure it is definitely touching.

A Huge thank you. Just used less cotton. Oh my word what a difference. I can't believe it was that simple. You just made me a very happy girl.

Back