Can This Work?

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi

I am bored so i this came up someware in the thoughts

For a switch for e-pipe, use a Neodymium Disc Magnet with a spring mounted on it. Hot glue, epoxy, solder and just let that sit in the bowl of the pipe.

The spring touching the + on the battery and when you press on it the circuit is complete and the pipe will fire, when you let go the spring will puch the magnet away but before it falls out the magnetic power of the magnet will be more than the spring so it should stay were it is but be away from the - so that the circuit is broken.

stock-photo-hard-disk-and-database-icon-isolated-on-white-background-104006606.jpg

You will just have to play with the spring to get the right strenght.

@MarkK
@TylerD

Last edited:
@kimbo im actually looking at switch options myself. Just waiting for some items to arrive.

Not sure what you mean. Where will you connect to the positive on the connector?

Here is a few samples. Can you maybe like shpw me in the pic where your magnet and spring will sit and connect?
fkqk5l.jpg
L4f3S8s.jpg

I will be making a switch like Michael D. Quite simple. Check out his other vids. Very nice to check out.

i don't get it. how is the spring with magnet completing the circuit? also neodium magnets are brittle so you can't go fiddling with them too much or applying much heat as heat will make them not-magnets pretty quick

Untitled.jpg

See what i thought is that the magnet will be pulled to the metal bowl were the battery sits, but the spring will prevent iut from making contact, the only time it makes contact is when you press the magnet. Then when you let go the spring will press the magnet away but at some stage the magnetic force and the spring will be equel and it will just sit there, not foling out and not making contact on the metal

Last edited:
I think your battery will start to heat up with that config. You complete the circuit. And you will get thermal runaway. You need a positive and negative lead out to the connector. Your + and - connects at the 510 connector. Maybe @johan can give some input. I only know basics. :)

It might look simple ! but you can hurt yourself
You should know at least a little some thing before attempting this kind athing.... or next thing e cigs are banned because people are blowing themselves up

That will work perfectly!

You will just need to play with the battery and magnet strengths.

Like is said in the OP and you said just now .. you will have to play with magnet and the spring to get it just right

You also need some way of locking it

Just left my russian on the pipe between my legs in the mac donalds drive through and the magnet was using metal on my jeans to fire ...

Russian was like 50 degree's of angry and now i need to rewick! I could of taken a battery explosion to the crown jules!!

Please be carefull guys!

I don't think it's the safest design, looks like a magnet see-saw. It will tip to the side and grab the metal cup unless the magent is supported near the edges or in a channel.

I don't think it's the safest design, looks like a magnet see-saw. It will tip to the side and grab the metal cup unless the magent is supported near the edges or in a channel.

I agree it is not really the safest, but i thought about the see saw, i think if you have metal all the way around the magnet wil be pulled down equel on all sides so forcing it to stay stable

@TylerD, the magnet must be the size of the metal bowl or just bigger so that when you press down on the sides of the metal cup

If the metal cup is 19mm ID you must get a 20mm magnet so that it press on the top of the cup

Edit: sorry just saw you have 20mm magnets there :blush:

@TylerD, the magnet must be the size of the metal bowl or just bigger so that when you press down on the sides of the metal cup

If the metal cup is 19mm ID you must get a 20mm magnet so that it press on the top of the cup

Edit: sorry just saw you have 20mm magnets there :blush:
I know, but the ones you tagged were 15mm and mine 20mm. Thats why I said I'll go for the 20mm ones.

@TylerD i dont have a doner pype or magnet or so, like i said this thought just came up today. If you think it can work give it a go and let me know please

or not faff around with all these complicated design setups and just install a momentary switch. serious, who said your pipe has to have some springy type switch? :)

or not faff around with all these complicated design setups and just install a momentary switch. serious, who said your pipe has to have some springy type switch? :)

The only problem i saw with a momentary switch is when you look for a switch with 10 amp plus rating they get kinda big

you planning some hectic subohming with your pipe? and have the 18350 battery to support it? :)

Back