Capella - Concentrate Reviews

rogue zombie

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Right, my staple CAP flavour of note!

Harvest Berry
  • I absolutely have to have Harvest Berry in my stash at all times. I didn't pay too much attention to berry flavours before, because I think "very sweet" when I think berries. Harvest Berry is NOT too sweet at all. To me it tastes like you picked a handful of mixed wild berries, and shoved it in your mouth, but with a leaf or two from the berry plant. I cant pick any particular berry out, it is more of a mix with a light herbal note.
  • When you sick of the norm - the bananas, strawberries and apple juices, and are looking for something out of the norm, look no further. At 70VG in single flavour I make it at 6%, but I like light flavouring. You could probably go a percent or two higher.
  • It goes fantastically well with other unusual fruits like FA Forest Fruit
Rating 5/5

Best Recipes I've had with it - Looma and Thrashberry

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing @rogue zombie . I am going to try out the Thrashberry end of the month, have been looking for a nice berry juice. Do you find them to be perfumey at all? I found with a lot of berry flavors I get mostly soap. I will probably add some menthol to it, on a bit of a menthol craze at the moment lol

Thanks for sharing @rogue zombie . I am going to try out the Thrashberry end of the month, have been looking for a nice berry juice. Do you find them to be perfumey at all? I found with a lot of berry flavors I get mostly soap. I will probably add some menthol to it, on a bit of a menthol craze at the moment lol

Ya quite a few berry juices can be perfum'y, now that you mention it.
Difficult to find good ones. That FW Booysenberry is not perfumey btw, but it is bloody sweet on its own.

Harvest Berry
  • I absolutely have to have Harvest Berry in my stash at all times. I didn't pay too much attention to berry flavours before, because I think "very sweet" when I think berries. Harvest Berry is NOT too sweet at all. To me it tastes like you picked a handful of mixed wild berries, and shoved it in your mouth, but with a leaf or two from the berry plant. I cant pick any particular berry out, it is more of a mix with a light herbal note.
  • When you sick of the norm - the bananas, strawberries and apple juices, and are looking for something out of the norm, look no further. At 70VG in single flavour I make it at 6%, but I like light flavouring. You could probably go a percent or two higher.
Rating 5/5

Thanks for this! I probably wouldn't have even glanced at Harvest berry, now its going in my to-order bin! Good review!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Harvest Berry
Rating 5/5

Damn, my Valley Vapour cart is groaning, but thank you:D.

CAP Sweet Lychee
Lychee (Litchi) My favourite fruit in the whole world. CAP Sweet Lychee is a sweet and vibrant lychee flavor which reminds me more of that typical store bought litchi juice rather than the actual fruit. Its sweet and vibrant with no notable off flavors. It does tend to develop some floral notes on the steep which you need to be mindful of. It works great as a sweetener in fruit recipes.

It plays nice with other fruit specifically of the tropical variety. I love pairing this up with lighter fruit profiles such as Kiwi, Strawberry and Pear OR as a support for strong profiles such as apple, lemon, passionfruit, pineapple and cranberry. Used at low percentages it gives a great juicy, fruity body to my fruit mixes.

Suggested single flavor use rate: 5% - 7%

CAP Sweet Guava
This is a light and flavorful guava flavor. It resembles a bright perfectly ripe guava with a wonderfully fragrant overtone. I get mostly the flavor of the pink flesh and none of the pungent bitter rind. the texture is relatively smooth with just a tad bit of that gritty guava texture. I don 't get any off flavors but it is quite a strong flavor and will assert dominance over a mix when used anything over 2%.

Suggested single flavor use rate: 2% - 4%
Throat hit: Just a light tingle

CAP Banana Split
This is such a wonderful flavor. It has a ripe main note banana with strong ripe banana tones and quite a prominent sweetness - as with most banana flavorings there is still a prominent artificial Banana runts tone - but less so than the single flavors. It is paired with a neutral fresh cream that light yet rich. The creams do require a steep to develop fully but is great off the shake. The texture is smooth and creamy. I get a bit of a perfumy aftertaste that does subside with the steep.

Suggested Single Flavor Use Rate: 3% - 5%
Throat hit: Smooth as a baby's bottom

CAP Sweet Mango
A mix between an mildly sweet overripe fleshy tropical mango and a think mango juice with those spicy sun-burst tropical overtones. It has a slight hint of the buttery skin on the exhale. I do not think this is a good stand-alone flavor but will be great to add depth and some of that sun-ripened tropical tones when used with other mangoes. there is something very addicting about those tones that just want to make me take another toot of it before i pack the concentrate away. It does have a bit of a prefumy tail but that mellows out on a short steep.

Suggested Single Flavor use Rate: 4% - 6%
Throat hit: Mild

CAP Sweet Guava
This is a light and flavorful guava flavor. It resembles a bright perfectly ripe guava with a wonderfully fragrant overtone. I get mostly the flavor of the pink flesh and none of the pungent bitter rind. the texture is relatively smooth with just a tad bit of that gritty guava texture. I don 't get any off flavors but it is quite a strong flavor and will assert dominance over a mix when used anything over 2%.

Suggested single flavor use rate: 2% - 4%
Throat hit: Just a light tingle
I was wondering if it's just me, or whether you've noticed as well that this concentrate smells nothing like guava. Tastes like the guava flesh, as you said - but I got more of a pina colada type fragrance (and slight taste) from it. It gets high praise from all around, so maybe it's just my taste buds?

No thats very weird hahaha i get straight up guava flesh on this one.

Ill try it tonight again and see... Maybe i missed something

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CAP Sweet Mango
A mix between an mildly sweet overripe fleshy tropical mango and a think mango juice with those spicy sun-burst tropical overtones. It has a slight hint of the buttery skin on the exhale. I do not think this is a good stand-alone flavor but will be great to add depth and some of that sun-ripened tropical tones when used with other mangoes. there is something very addicting about those tones that just want to make me take another toot of it before i pack the concentrate away. It does have a bit of a prefumy tail but that mellows out on a short steep.

Suggested Single Flavor use Rate: 4% - 6%
Throat hit: Mild

It's great with Capella Sweet Cream - leaves you a creamy mango flavour. Oh and it's very very strong and sweet so I've only made 1L bottle with a 10ml Sweet Mango and a 10ml Sweet Cream.

Back