Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Seeing there isn't any activity in this thread called E-Cig Maintenance let's start it off by including cleaning as maintenance!

Cleaning a few atomisers and an RBA to put them away in the drawer for a while... they have been tested but none are on my list of need to have and won't be buying spare coils for them so they can go into the storage drawer for a while.

Cleaning 008.JPG

A quick wash with warm water and then dried and cleaned with 2ply bog roll and an ear bud or two.

They will be left out on the desk for the night under the ceiling fan to dry completely... then assembled and put away for another day!

A question on the iClear 16B Bottom Coil, Dual Coil Clearomizer? How on earth can you clean it when it appears it doesn't really come apart? Or am I being doff? Or just too weak to unscrew it further... All I can get it down to is essentially two parts plus a coil? Impossible to clean inside the tank really?

iClear 16B Bottom Coil, Dual Coil Clearomizer 002.JPG

Looks suspiciously familiar to the Kanger Evod tank.

I used to put in a drop of sunlight liquid, half fill with water, and then block the mouth hole and the bottom of the tank with my fingers and shake for a bit. Drain out liquid, refill with water, repeat x3

Then leave to dry

Looks suspiciously familiar to the Kanger Evod tank.

I used to put in a drop of sunlight liquid, half fill with water, and then block the mouth hole and the bottom of the tank with my fingers and shake for a bit. Drain out liquid, refill with water, repeat x3

Then leave to dry

Bingo... still a silly design... and still going into the drawer! ;)

those you cannot open from the top unfortunately

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, I have turned my back on all one-piece moulded tank designs.

Had a puff on Stroodle's new Innokin doo-hickey the other night. Not bad actually, but not something I would actively pursue in the quest for Nirvana.

To get stubborn gunk out of those style tanks you can boil the kettle and then fill a bowl with hot water and leave them to soak, then do the sunlight and leave it to dry

Hahaha, I have turned my back on all one-piece moulded tank designs.

Me too... but I still like to play with ones I haven't played with... it's very difficult to beat the Aerotank and Nautilus.

I was in the same boat. I use to buy stuff knowing it will not be better then what I had at that stage. its just the compulsive buying disorder that us vapers have. mine has come to an end tho. I know what juice I want and I have my 2 reos which is all I will ever need

.... until the arrival of the RHINO, then a lot of second hand Reos will come up for sale :p

I was in the same boat. I use to buy stuff knowing it will not be better then what I had at that stage. its just the compulsive buying disorder that us vapers have. mine has come to an end tho. I know what juice I want and I have my 2 reos which is all I will ever need

Hey CVS, we certainly heard that before!
;-)

this time they are here to stay!

Only for a comparison test @Vapey McJuicey , then ..... RHINO in both hands

not for sale bro

Hey guys just wanted to know if you used any cleaning products when cleaning your RBA? I heard hot water and lemon juice is the best as it does not leave residue behind like sunlight or other disk cleaning products? Would love to know what you guys use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys just wanted to know if you used any cleaning products when cleaning your RBA? I heard hot water and lemon juice is the best as it does not leave residue behind like sunlight or other disk cleaning products? Would love to know what you guys use?

Personally I always use Sunlight dishwashing liquid... especially when I get stuff from China. Then I rinse a lot.

Personally I always use Sunlight dishwashing liquid... especially when I get stuff from China. Then I rinse a lot.
Thanks Rob
Busy giving them a bath in hot lemon water and just read that a person used vodka so might give that a try as well

What to try a new flavor and don't want to land up again the old flap our seeping through

I used to clean with Vodka but it's a waste... sunlight and rinsing works really well.

I wash first with sunlight and a toothbrush.

After I soak in alcohol for about 12 to 24 hours.
I then just rinse and let dry.

Pointers on cleaning (dry burning) a coil? How does the "rinse" part work? You basically wash the whole RBA again??

Pointers on cleaning (dry burning) a coil? How does the "rinse" part work? You basically wash the whole RBA again??

I rebuild coils once the cotton is out.
Not one to dry burn coils unless I'm building it.

Agreed, I only dry burn my own built coils. I keep the coil red hot by pressing and releasing power for 30 sek. But it doesn't seem like all of the gunk is gone? I then usually wipe the top (only visible part), which leaves it nice and shiny clean. But the bottom remains dirty? Short of removing the coil and cleaning, is there another way? Rinsing the coil a second (third) time seems like wasted effort?

Back