Clones Sub-Forum?

Should there be a separate sub-forum for Clones ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daniel

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I think as with certain other sub-forums , maybe it's a good idea to create a separate sub-forum for all things related to clones (bar juices of course :p).

...and this is not a thread to be keyboard warriors so just vote and let's see.

IMO make sense .
At the beginning in the forum wasn't such a big deal . All of us would talk about anything but now look like people get offended if you put a clone into authentic etc etc etc.
It would make it much easier to dont get posts deleted or moved .
And much less anymosity or derailed tread in a HE vs LE converstation that is already been exhausted imo .
Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Separate forums aren't much help imo if there is no function to filter forums. Maybe I'm the exception but I almost never visit individual sub-forums. Instead, I go by what is on the "Vaping Discussion" and "Supporting Vendors" pages. However, there is no way (that I know of) to control or filter what appears on those pages. I find it frustrating to click on a thread for a new device and to then find that it costs R5k and is of no interest to me. Similarly I would guess that it frustrates HE vapers to click on a thread only to find that it is about a clone product that they will never buy on principle.

Having a clone sub-forum and a way to filter what appears on the Vaping Discussion tab, i.e. that you can set it to "ignore" new threads and posts in selected forums, would help to refine what we see. It would also help those who only vape commercial juice, for eg, to filter out all the DIY threads which probably aren't of any interest to them. I don't know if it's technically feasible but it's a function I would use a lot.

Separate forums aren't much help imo if there is no function to filter forums. Maybe I'm the exception but I almost never visit individual sub-forums. Instead, I go by what is on the "Vaping Discussion" and "Supporting Vendors" pages. However, there is no way (that I know of) to control or filter what appears on those pages. I find it frustrating to click on a thread for a new device and to then find that it costs R5k and is of no interest to me. Similarly I would guess that it frustrates HE vapers to click on a thread only to find that it is about a clone product that they will never buy on principle.

Having a clone sub-forum and a way to filter what appears on the Vaping Discussion tab, i.e. that you can set it to "ignore" new threads and posts in selected forums, would help to refine what we see. It would also help those who only vape commercial juice, for eg, to filter out all the DIY threads which probably aren't of any interest to them. I don't know if it's technically feasible but it's a function I would use a lot.

I like this. Very similar to Quora. You subscribe to "topics" and only those you've selected will pop up in your feed.

It creates division though, but rather division by choice than caused by animosity.

I don't really see the need for a separate section for clones because they are discussed pretty much everywhere except the High End section.

I don't really see the need for a separate section for clones because they are discussed pretty much everywhere except the High End section.
Which begs the question, why?
If a Goon 1.5 clone can be discussed in a Goon 1.5 thread than why not a BB clone in a BB thread. I don't see the difference in this.

No. In my opinion all sides of the clone Vs auth / HE Vs not HE arguments need to pull their heads out of their own asses and grow up about the topic.

Reasonable adults should be able to appreciate that the other side of the argument has reasons to believe or say what they believe or say and to paraphrase Forrest Gump, "if you can't add something constructive, then STFU"

Most of the time the discussions start of reasonable and interesting but then someone gets their back up at some small or imagined slight and goes nuclear.

The only reason I could fathom for having a clones section is if there are issues which only affect clones.

Sorry @Rob Fisher I retract all my posts in this thread. I rather don't want to get involved (even though I might have already)!
Life is too short to worry about this k@k.

Guys , let your vote speak , if you have nothing constructive to say then like my esteemed forumite @craigb stated STFU.

@Rob Fisher @Silver if the vote is positive what is the process for applying ?

I think the key words used "won't buy on principle". For a number of us the genuine article is simply out of financial reach and we desperately want to test and try out new gear. This is not a dark sinister black market affair. The clones are openly advertised and made available by reputable vendors. You know exactly what you buying from the moment you indicate an interest in the product. This is not a knock-off product sold from a shady character behind the refuse bins in the Spar car-park. My 50c worth.

No. In my opinion all sides of the clone Vs auth / HE Vs not HE arguments need to pull their heads out of their own asses and grow up about the topic.

Reasonable adults should be able to appreciate that the other side of the argument has reasons to believe or say what they believe or say and to paraphrase Forrest Gump, "if you can't add something constructive, then STFU"

Most of the time the discussions start of reasonable and interesting but then someone gets their back up at some small or imagined slight and goes nuclear.

The only reason I could fathom for having a clones section is if there are issues which only affect clones.
I second this :)

Then don't read it. This is a sensitive issue for many of us and peoples feelings should be ventilated and tolerated whether you agree with them or not.

I really need to post some clone pics in the HE thread :)

where is this going to end? will we only be happy once there is a "HE what's in your had thread"

if you must have sub-forums then go for it - but restricting what you can talk abt in that sub-forum is UTTER CRAP

I don't see any advantage to dividing up the forum any further, it's already starting to feel somewhat hostile around here. This is a forum for vapers, we all vape, it's the one thing that brings us all together in a world where most of us wouldn't even look each other in the eye on the streets, let alone interact with each other.

Everything has it's place & the open moderation should be evenly spread.e I agree members shouldn't be offensive towards each other and consideration & understanding should be adopted. 99% of vapers on this forum cannot afford expensive gear but wish to & have a right to try top rated RTA/RDA's even it is a clone, that's what they can afford - judging them for that is totally unfair. Remember it's not us or the vendors who make the clones & many members who only buy HE gear now, started off using clones yet now condemn them. That's what actually infuriates me in the whole Authentic/ clone debate. It is simple - each to he's own.

Last edited:
one would think the piles of cash the HE guys have would insulate them from hurt feelings over seeing the word Clone in their threads

In my most humble opinion there should neither be a HE nor a Clone section. Both are polarizing per se. All of the threads under the HE section can easily be accommodated under other topics. The structure of the forum should be as non-specific as possible - create a home for all. I have learnt this painful lesson with the Reoville subforum, which (in hindsight) should have been the generic Squonkville from the start or slotted in with the general structure. Sure, the arguments will continue, but at least Ecigssa will be neutral.

Threads are another matter as they are member created. If you feel the need to have a separate thread for a specific clone under RDAs (for example), go right ahead. The same applies to authentics.

Of course, there will always be members who like to needle. Discipline yourself to ignore those posts. If they become personal, use the report button - do not respond at all, certainly not in anger.

As an aside - is it not time for a RDTA section?

Back