Clones

Morix

MecHead
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi friends...

There's just something about mechanical tube mods that gets my motor running, for some reason i appreciate a modified steel/mineral pipe more than a modern pice of technology with buttons, flashy lights and a screen. I like the old simple and shiny rather than the techy up to date modernized.

As we all know there are people that like to collect vape gear like mods and rda, rta, rdta etc... Guys and their toys, right? I Happen to be one of these bloaks that hoard vape shit but, to be more specific..... Mech tubes.

Anyone that knows and have dwelled around the mech realm would agree that these can become wallet heavy even more than some of todays up to date merchandise, when looking at medium to high end authentic mods. Here in south africa its hard to get your hands on mechs and the ones you do get are low grade and uses 18650's. ( its 2021, come on.)

Sure there are sites that you can pick up a PURGE or something if it's not sold out. If you do find one available, start your car go to the bank and take a 2nd mortgage on your house so you can be able to buy something authentic.

The true purpose of this post is to know the difference between authentic and clone tubes. What are the differences and dangers involved?

When it comes to rda clones same question? I have heard that clone rda's have a different ( cheaper) deck insulator that can wear faster and not handle the same heat level as a authentic version. Also the materials used in the rdas or mechs are thinner and of cheaper quality. Now this goes without saying, if this is the case... Thread closed, solved and myth busted. But i have also seen and heard of good reviews when it comes to clones. Look, basically i dont what a damn insulator melting on me causing a dead short or some kind of thermal run away. ( now there is a guy at the back screaming " THEN BUY AUTHENTIC!").... Ok kevin.

I truly want to stack up on mechs and some rdas, the pocket just doesn't allow it ( i know you can relate ). If this thread is successful regarding feedback, please provide links as to where the items can be purchased from + waiting periods through your own experience.

I thank you in advance.

Dont forget to check out @ivc_mixer juices. ( real bang for buck and quality 20% off black sale)
&
Pop on by BVC and let @charln show you how coils are supposed to look like.( can last up to 3+ months with proper maintenance )

Disclaimer : I'm not in any way affiliated/sponsored or employed by/with BVC or 5SoN. Honest opinion and reviews.

Last edited:
...there's and age old debate regarding Clones

not gonna touch on the safety aspect, but for me it was a moral dilemma, I practiced patience and saved up, saved up some more and got Authentic's of what I wanted, it just felt great

over the years I have made friends with local modders and these people are hard working, not making millions so often imagined what a knock they would take if their products were cloned

each to his own, this is my opinion

...there's and age old debate regarding Clones

not gonna touch on the safety aspect, but for me it was a moral dilemma, I practiced patience and saved up, saved up some more and got Authentic's of what I wanted, it just felt great

over the years I have made friends with local modders and these people are hard working, not making millions so often imagined what a knock they would take if their products were cloned
each to his own, this is my opinion

I agree Victor ... I have no issue with borrowing concepts and ideas from other inventors, and integrating them into your own designs, (subject to any patents that may exist), however the answer lies in definition of the word clone; "a duplicate or copy of an original" ... and I ask the question of how happy you would be, if someone copied something you had invented or designed, something drenched in your blood sweat and tears, and then undercut your prices, as they had no innovation time, effort and costs invested.
South Africa may well have very "loose" laws, (and morals), however I choose the high ground, and will not support clones.

Clones are like riding a scooter.

It seems cheap and practical until your friends find out.
I drive a VW UP! because it's cheap and practical.... My friends found out and laughed at me. Guess who's laughing now that fuel is almost R20/L :-D:-D

@Morix - You're kicking a hornet's nest here. There have been many a heated thread on this topic. Personally, I'm staying out of this debte as all threads like this accomplishes is creating arguments and splitting members.

I agree Victor ... I have no issue with borrowing concepts and ideas from other inventors, and integrating them into your own designs, (subject to any patents that may exist), however the answer lies in definition of the word clone; "a duplicate or copy of an original" ... and I ask the question of how happy you would be, if someone copied something you had invented or designed, something drenched in your blood sweat and tears, and then undercut your prices, as they had no innovation time, effort and costs invested.
South Africa may well have very "loose" laws, (and morals), however I choose the high ground, and will not support clones.
Ditto

Oooh look, time for the annual ECIGSSA Clone Wars..... :WEGOTABADASSHERE:

Not necessarily ... providing people stick to providing their opinions as apposed arguing with others opinions, (acknowledging that opinions are like a-holes ... we all have one, and we aren't really interested in looking at someone else's).

I'm interested in peoples opinions as insight into their psych, as ones values usually extend across all aspects of ones life.

To answer you question regardless of the "ethical" dilemma. There are good clones that you can't even distinguish from the OGs quality and design wise and there are bad ones. Just as the original products I guess... you have to ask and sometimes test...

Not necessarily ... providing people stick to providing their opinions as apposed arguing with others opinions, (acknowledging that opinions are like a-holes ... we all have one, and we aren't really interested in looking at someone else's).

I'm interested in peoples opinions as insight into their psych, as ones values usually extend across all aspects of ones life.

I think most of us have learned to just stay away from this topic....

thank you for the responses. i'm not going to let this turn into a clone wars as @Dela Rey Steyn is hoping for ( yes i see you, put down the popcorn and chewbaka mask), if y'all want to nerd out do so by answering the questions my nerdmigos.

safe or not ,no? why?
same for rda's

Believe me, it's not worth popping the popcorn for.

Safe? Yes, if you check it and and see that everything is as it should be, it's safe. We need to check any equipment, Clone or Authentic, regularly, as even authentic kit some times have duds.

giphy.gif

yea i still think some of the high end companies claim to have stuff locally made but actually its china. Just by saying its locally made us/eu what ever puts that big dollar on it. Ye the machining is nice but so is china's.

I have never seen any proof of a clone failing from "lesser grade" materials
I have seen time and time again High end mods being sold for thousands. Then you the customer is the Guinea pig and every few months you must pay a few thousand more for this upgrade to stop the leaking or that upgrade for better functionality etc.

All I am going to say is that our ethics and morals differ substantially from other cultures. If the Japanese after the 2nd world war had not cloned the USA tech, you would not have the quality Jap products that you do today

Well I respect someone with ethics and morals.
Here is the problem. If you try to avoid taxes, bribe a policeman, drive over the speed limit, drive when you had to much to drink, don't stop at stop streets, etc etc etc, then all your high morals talk about cloning mean dog poo.

I have mentioned this before, in certain cultures industrial espionage is seen as being part of business. We have seen it in the vape world when a product is launched and the next day there is a clone. No way they can back engineer in one day. These companies know this and decide whether it is economically viable to copy right or to rely on the market that they are aiming for which is a different market to the cloners. Is it ethical and moral in our western culture ? No it is not, but this is not how it is seen by the producers of both the original and the cloners. To them it is all part of business war.

Here is the problem. If you try to avoid taxes, bribe a policeman, drive over the speed limit, drive when you had to much to drink, don't stop at stop streets, etc etc etc, then all your high morals talk about cloning mean dog poo.

You argue like an auntie-waxxer.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand

yea i still think some of the high end companies claim to have stuff locally made but actually its china

Not going to name names because it was a good while ago in fact comfortably pre-covid and do not have the emails and messenger messages still to prove it but I swear this is true! I was negotiating with two different High End manufacturers to get products but obviously there is a wait as these products are made in small batches with gaps in between as they manipulate the demand to be higher than the supply so they can charge artificially high prices! I ended both possible purchases when they both let slip they were waiting on machined parts from China, the only clue I will give is one of the manufacturers is a well known Greek manufacturer!

The video below explains how ethics are objective, whilst morals are subjective ;)

Back