Coil building help please

Mollie

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all
I need maybe one or Two or three inputs here regarding coil building

I build my own coils basically aliens most of the time and Im not sure if the angle of the coil when wrapping will have any impact on the performance of the coils
I tried to Google but don't find any info on the angle which you wrap coils

Sometimes the flavour is excellent and like this last few days it SUCKS make me wanna quit diy completely

Thanks

I personally haven't found any change in which way it's being wrapped. Been making coils for close to 5 years now.

What I have found is that tension plays an important role. How loosely or tightly your Decore is wrapped over your cores.

I personally think I wrap my decor a little tight
I always under stretch my decor then apply pressure when wrapping the cores
But when making fused claptons I almost got the same problem with little flavor and I'm only using Ni80

It could also be the eliquid you using that has muted flavor, or the cotton you wick with.

External factors impact coil performance too

I'm no expert on vape coils, however in winding magnetic coils, chokes, transformers and the like, (particularly because they involve stretchable non ferrous aluminium and or copper wire), wrap angle, plays a big part in the wrapping tension, pitch and, (by virtue of the stretching), the diameter accuracy. This is mainly because of changing diameter of the coil being wound ... not sure if this is even applicable to vape coils tho', to which the easiest resolution if it is, would be a spring loaded constant feed mechanism, however even then, I would think this only necessary in a mass production environment?

Have you tried different brand wires?
I used Ss316 for awhile but you barely can get hold it now 100ft and more
I tried a build the other day with 2*26*34ga ni80 alien build and the flavor was actually good
I only do single coil rdas so I always build between 0,20 and 0,30 ohm
With the juice it's also diy haha I try to have one premium in the house to do testing of coils etc

I'm no expert on vape coils, however in winding magnetic coils, chokes, transformers and the like, (particularly because they involve stretchable non ferrous aluminium and or copper wire), wrap angle, plays a big part in the wrapping tension, pitch and, (by virtue of the stretching), the diameter accuracy. This is mainly because of changing diameter of the coil being wound ... not sure if this is even applicable to vape coils tho', to which the easiest resolution if it is, would be a spring loaded constant feed mechanism, however even then, I would think this only necessary in a mass production environment?
It's a big rabbit hole but also cheaper to buy wire and practice than to buy alien coils well that's my opinion
I don't know when was the last time I bought alien coils
But we are all different lol

This applies to the physics behind it, example, diameter of the end product, resistance and amp draw of it.

It doesn't/shouldn't change the amount of flavour produced by it unless using different materials to the usual/standard.

I used Ss316 for awhile but you barely can get hold it now 100ft and more
I tried a build the other day with 2*26*34ga ni80 alien build and the flavor was actually good
I only do single coil rdas so I always build between 0,20 and 0,30 ohm
With the juice it's also diy haha I try to have one premium in the house to do testing of coils etc

Try making a tricore alien, it will add more surface area and in turn increase flavour production of the coils. But bare in mind, it will also add more wire mass and a lower resistance so you have to compensate for that by maybe using 28ga wire instead of 26ga wire.

Try making a tricore alien, it will add more surface area and in turn increase flavour production of the coils. But bare in mind, it will also add more wire mass and a lower resistance so you have to compensate for that by maybe using 28ga wire instead of 26ga wire.
I usually build tri core alien 28*3 34 or 36 ga just build the 2 core alien to test
I find to alien with 34 ga works beter when stretching the decore

OK thank you for some info regarding my problem I will find a solution

OK thank you for some info regarding my problem I will find a solution

why don't you get a coil which you havent made and test it in your usual setup, same cotton, same juice etc and see ?

Hi all
I need maybe one or Two or three inputs here regarding coil building

I build my own coils basically aliens most of the time and Im not sure if the angle of the coil when wrapping will have any impact on the performance of the coils
I tried to Google but don't find any info on the angle which you wrap coils

Sometimes the flavour is excellent and like this last few days it SUCKS make me wanna quit diy completely

Thanks
I haven’t found that the angle of wrapping the coil has any impact on performance.
Are you using the same wire brand, diameter, alloy type (A1 / Ni80 / SS) and number of cores as you did before?

If everything is exactly the same and you’re getting muted flavour then the problem is most likely something else, not the coils. There are so many other factors that come into play, like coil position, airflow, wicking, juice, settings on your mod, to name a few. Even check your atomiser and mod for issues.

I haven’t found that the angle of wrapping the coil has any impact on performance.
Are you using the same wire brand, diameter, alloy type (A1 / Ni80 / SS) and number of cores as you did before?

If everything is exactly the same and you’re getting muted flavour then the problem is most likely something else, not the coils. There are so many other factors that come into play, like coil position, airflow, wicking, juice, settings on your mod, to name a few. Even check your atomiser and mod for issues.
Did a quick fused clapton build(2*26*36ga ni80) this morning but I didn't put too much tension on the clapton wire and I think this might have been the problem flavour is good what you expected from a coil. I manage to get Ss316 28ga this morning so will do a alien build maybe tonight

Back