Coil's crafted by hand

Second one twisted coils:
IMG_20171002_124015.png
Method:

My method: I use two screwdrivers loop the wire over one and fasten the loose ends to the other one but one screwdriver between your legs while sitting and turn the other end.

Pros:
Increased surface area.
Nice and flavorful vape.
Doesn't use alot of wire.

Cons:
Might result in bleeding fingers with lower gage wire.
May have some spitback.

Last edited:
Second one twisted coils:
View attachment 108931
Method:

My method: I use two screwdrivers loop the wire over one and fasten the loose ends to the other one but one screwdriver between your legs while sitting and turn the other end.

Pros:
Increased surface area.
Nice and flavorful vape.
Doesn't use alot of wire.

Cons:
Might result in bleeding fingers with lower gage wire.

I have found with this twisted wire that i get alot of spit back if the twist is loose. The tighter is spun the less spitback is get. Any other that has this problem or am i doing something wrong

I have found with this twisted wire that i get alot of spit back if the twist is loose. The tighter is spun the less spitback is get. Any other that has this problem or am i doing something wrong
I have also experienced some spitback with these. I know if you up the watts a bit the spit back stops I also find that thicker wire 24g ni80 spits a bit more than 26g ss316 only two tipes I have made so far.
Currently running 26g ss twisted coils in the og 24 goon and I have no spitback.
Hoping someone with more experience can give a better answer.

Third one parallel coils:
IMG_20171002_202310.png
Method:

These are my favorite coils currently.
Pros:
Increased surface area.
Lower ohms more heat.
Awesome flavour.

Cons:
Real pain for me to build these.
Ohms can go way to low with thicker gage whire.

Small tip after inserting the coils into the rda if the spaces are a bit uneven pull upwards and outwards with your coil jig / screwdriver and they will tighten.

View attachment 108983
Method:

Pros:
Increased surface area.
Lower ohms more heat.
Awesome flavour.

Cons:

Small tip after inserting the coils into the rda if the spaces are a bit uneven pull upwards and outwards with your coil jig / screwdriver and they will tighten.

I have done this build before with a mixed wire setup of 26awg ni80 and kanthal a1 and it was awesome flavor. Definitely an easy build and a coil every builder needs to try.

So these are the ones that I have tried so far and I am not one of the most skilled builders or that technically inclined.

I would love to read about some other crazy builds you have discovered and some tips on how to make them.

View attachment 108983
Method:

Pros:
Increased surface area.
Lower ohms more heat.
Awesome flavour.

Cons:

Lovely coils @Friep !
I also enjoy the parallel coils.
A single parallel in my RM2 with 29g Ka at about 0.5ohms is still my favourite MTL coil for tobaccoes in that atty on the Reo (mech).

So these are the ones that I have tried so far and I am not one of the most skilled builders or that technically inclined.

I would love to read about some other crazy builds you have discovered and some tips on how to make them.

I agree with Friep. Teach us noobs how to do the difficult build with ease.

I have done this build before with a mixed wire setup of 26awg ni80 and kanthal a1 and it was awesome flavor. Definitely an easy build and a coil every builder needs to try.

I agree every builder should try them once. Please attach a picture of the mixed one if you have one. The mixed wire where both 26g? I want to try different gauges struggle to get them into a rda with a clamp one catches and one misses causing a lot of frustration and a terrible vape think you call them staged coils.

I agree every builder should try them once. Please attach a picture of the mixed one if you have one. The mixed wire where both 26g? I want to try different gauges struggle to get them into a rda with a clamp one catches and one misses causing a lot of frustration and a terrible vape think you call them staged coils.

This is it. I had them spaced and it worked wonders. I started off low with my wattage and finally ended with a 55 watt vape and it was amazing. At about 2 days into this build i closed the space between my wraps and it just seem to have improved my flavor. I will surely do this coil again. IMG_4680.JPG IMG_4684.JPG

Lovely coils @Friep !
I also enjoy the parallel coils.
A single parallel in my RM2 with 29g Ka at about 0.5ohms is still my favourite MTL coil for tobaccoes in that atty on the Reo (mech).

The pictures above aren't my creations. my creations look a bit bad but share them any way. I want to get some 28g ni80 and start playing with the thinner gauges of wire hopefully soon.

Last edited:
This is it. I had them spaced and it worked wonders. I started off low with my wattage and finally ended with a 55 watt vape and it was amazing. At about 2 days into this build i closed the space between my wraps and it just seem to have improved my flavor. I will surely do this coil again. View attachment 108984 View attachment 108985

They look amazing need to try this more wire added to the list.

IMG_20171002_205031.jpg
My current build in the goon v1.5 parallel 26g ss ohms 0.17+- finally getting some flavour out of this thing tought it was my worst buy so far but its growing on me.

Have been using parallel coils in the hadaly for 4+ months, keep going back to them

Not a fan of twisted

Haven't tried braid, looks good

To make claptons/fused/aliens you don't need much more than a old drill and fishing swivel if anyone's interested

Have been using parallel coils in the hadaly for 4+ months, keep going back to them

Not a fan of twisted

Haven't tried braid, looks good

To make claptons/fused/aliens you don't need much more than a old drill and fishing swivel if anyone's interested

Thank you for the input what's the specs of the build for the hadaly? I need to do something new in it.

On the claptons/fused/aliens I would love to learn about them as they are going to be my next venture as soon as I get a drill. Would you consider creating a thread like this one for them? I realy want to keep this one to coils that do not require a drill...

I am really hoping that someone tried something else than these 3 and can share something new with us lol

That build looks really good @antonherbst
How did you do it :D

The trick is to keep the wires in the same configuration(left ni80 - right kanthal) as you wrap it a round a coil kit or screwdriver. I took the ends of the wire and tightly twisted it so that it would be bind together for easier work. Loose wire will make you curse badly when trying to keep the configuration while wrapping the coil.

The trick is to keep the wires in the same configuration(left ni80 - right kanthal) as you wrap it a round a coil kit or screwdriver. I took the ends of the wire and tightly twisted it so that it would be bind together for easier work. Loose wire will make you curse badly when trying to keep the configuration while wrapping the coil.
Will definitely try this out sometime

How many wraps will be ideal on parallel for a single coil?
On 26g ss 316L 5 wraps will give you 0.23 ohms on 3.5mm id. I would say the wraps might be dependent on the space available because a 5 wrap parallel will be the size of a normal 10wrap coil. 5 wraps will also ramp up insanely fast.

Back