COIN COLLECTING

Ruwaid

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi guys
Who here is into coin collections etc. Have coins dated from the 1950's to current and numerous foreign currencies as well. Lost interest in this many moons ago.

Hi guys
Who here is into coin collections etc. Have coins dated from the 1950's to current and numerous foreign currencies as well. Lost interest in this many moons ago.

lol @Ruwaid the 1950s aren't all that long ago ... for some of us! But, you could find out what https://scoinshop.com/ has to say. I know that if you have any Kruger Rands they'll buy them from you.

@Hooked hahaha i get what you saying bud. Yes also saw a place called randcoin.co.za :)
Thank you Laurel.

@Ruwaid - I would suggest Randcoin from the two suggested. I was quite into numismatics until around 2011. The age of a coin does not determine the value of coins as much as the condition and mintage figures

Sent by iDad's iPhone

@RynoP thats awesome man!! :) Just got feedback from Randcoin and its worthless as to what they offer for them.

You best bet is going to be to find a collector that is specifically looking for what you have. I want to stress again - age does not dictate the value.

I will see if I still have the contact details if some of the collectors that I dealt with and send you a pm

Sent by iDad's iPhone

So after much deliberation and fiddling, I finally decided to start coin collecting.

I have a few of my own, thanks to parents traveling and stashing them over the years.

Today my uncle dropped a parcel of old coins off for me. I'm blown away by the old South African coins.

45444675_755273451486393_3280380374395387904_o.jpg

When I was growing up, my grandfather had a huge collection of stamps and coins. I did at one stage collect stamps as a child and teenage but coins hit the sweet spot for me because I love history and they have an historical value too.

Last edited:
@Ruwaid - I would suggest Randcoin from the two suggested. I was quite into numismatics until around 2011. The age of a coin does not determine the value of coins as much as the condition and mintage figures

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Exactly what my uncle said to me. Also special liquid is used to clean them. You can't just use anything but that cleaning liquid.

After some googling, it turns out you only need dish liquid and distilled water.

I cleaned a few that way and it did not damage them. Just made them appear cleaner and brighter, easier to read details too.

Last edited:
Back