Crafted Coils - Coil Showcase

Crafted Coils

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Crafted coils-Showcase.jpg

I'm starting this thread to post pics of the coils I've personally installed and I've taken pics of. I will post periodically, this is mainly for fun but also a showcase of the coils I make.

Staged Pentacore Aliens

P9300219.JPG
P9300597.JPG
P9300444.JPG

About this build: This was my first build in the Dee Mods Solo RDA, a bit warm for most but I do have a few customers that are still running these in their Solo's

Contents: It's a 5 core alien, staged with a clapton. The alien is made with 5 cores 29 gauge wrapped with 38 gauge, the clapton is a single strand of 26 gauge wrapped with 38 gauge.

OHM's and Flavour: This build has an ohm reading of 0.17, hits really hard and has a nice warmth to it. Flavour is just insane from this build, but the biggest downside in an atty with so little airflow is the heat.

User Friendly: Very tricky to install because the diameter of clapton is bigger than the alien section, making it difficult to clamp the full coil down, it can be done and has been done but with a lot of difficulty.

Difficulty to make: Making these aliens aren't as easy as with normal tri-core aliens, keeping 5 cores together while wrapping is tricky, I still struggle to make perfect sections from time to time but with practice anyone can make them.

Time to make: around 2hrs 30mins for about 3 coils, this includes prep time which is around 80% of the total time spent making these.

Is it worth the effort: Yes it definitely is.

I will be following your thread, those aliens look amazing!

Nano Aliens

P1040642.JPG P1040649.JPG P1040663.JPG P1040667.JPG

About this build: Someone messaged me earlier this week about high ohm builds and I thought of giving it a go and see what happens, I built this coil into a SvoëMesto Kayfun 5 22 RTA.

Contents: It's a 3 core alien. The alien is made with 3 cores 32 gauge wrapped with 38 gauge.

OHM's and Flavour: This build has an ohm reading of 1.05, the hit nice and cool but lacks the warmth I think is paramount to flavour. Flavour is a bit muted in my opinion. I feel the vape to be too dry for a flavour build but it might just be me not being used to MTL anymore

User Friendly: Another tricky to install build the reason for this is wire is very pliable and small, making it difficult to keep steady.

Difficulty to make: Making these nano-aliens aren't as difficult to make but making the outer clapton wire is tricky with such fine gauge wire. Making the alien itself is a breeze, doesn't take long and I got a perfect full 40cm piece on the first try.

Time to make: around 30mins for about 2 coils, this includes prep time which is around 75% of the total time spent.

Is it worth the effort: Not sure if it is. I need someone who is used to MTL to help me decide.

Attachments

• P1040653.JPG
    P1040653.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 28
Nano Aliens

View attachment 118122 View attachment 118123 View attachment 118125 View attachment 118126

About this build: Someone messaged me earlier this week about high ohm builds and I thought of giving it a go and see what happens, I built this coil into a SvoëMesto Kayfun 5 22 RTA.

Contents: It's a 3 core alien. The alien is made with 3 cores 32 gauge wrapped with 38 gauge.

OHM's and Flavour: This build has an ohm reading of 1.05, the hit nice and cool but lacks the warmth I think is paramount to flavour. Flavour is a bit muted in my opinion. I feel the vape to be too dry for a flavour build but it might just be me not being used to MTL anymore

User Friendly: Another tricky to install build the reason for this is wire is very pliable and small, making it difficult to keep steady.

Difficulty to make: Making these nano-aliens aren't as difficult to make but making the outer clapton wire is tricky with such fine gauge wire. Making the alien itself is a breeze, doesn't take long and I got a perfect full 40cm piece on the first try.

Time to make: around 30mins for about 2 coils, this includes prep time which is around 75% of the total time spent.

Is it worth the effort: Not sure if it is. I need someone who is used to MTL to help me decide.
Great photos and great looking coils.
I think 1 or 2 wraps less would be great in a Billet Box (Exocet) at 2.5mm ID :)

Great photos and great looking coils.
I think 1 or 2 wraps less would be great in a Billet Box (Exocet) at 2.5mm ID :)

Well I have found in the Exocet, the Micro-Aliens actually work the best, and at 35 watts, these come only come alive at 60 watts.

I'm sure there's a customer of mine here that can vouch for that. Can't seem to find his tag lol.

@Christos please tag Uzi here.

Yes!!! Thank you Silver.

Just a headsup, if you using a normal browser (not tapatalk) then if you type the tag symbol @
And then the first three letters of the members nickname on the forum, it will show a dropdown list of the members with names matching those three letters and you can usually figure our which person it is

It also shows their avatar pics in that list so one recognises pictures quickly

But unfrotunately this functionality (and lots of other things too) are not available on tapatalk

Just a headsup, if you using a normal browser (not tapatalk) then if you type the tag symbol @
And then the first three letters of the members nickname on the forum, it will show a dropdown list of the members with names matching those three letters and you can usually figure our which person it is

It also shows their avatar pics in that list so one recognises pictures quickly

But unfrotunately this functionality (and lots of other things too) are not available on tapatalk

Thanks Silver, I was trying to find his tag but when I tried it wouldn't show up, guess I was spelling it wrong :oops:

Well I have found in the Exocet, the Micro-Aliens actually work the best, and at 35 watts, these come only come alive at 60 watts.

I'm sure there's a customer of mine here that can vouch for that. Can't seem to find his tag lol.

@Christos please tag Uzi here.

Sorry guys, only saw the messages now

Agreed 100%, the nano aliens at 30-35 watts I’m the exo are just brilliant, I was hating my exo at some point and was actually gonna get rid of it till hassan put in a set for me, and honestly the difference was instantly noticed and amazing flavor!

I only use crafted coils in all my attys and they never seize to blow my mind, flavor, ramp up, etc all on point, every single time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dual Quad Core Aliens

PA090111.JPG PA090101.JPG PA090094.JPG PA090060.JPG PA090116.JPG PA100173.JPG

About this build: In my pursuit for flavour this build was born. I was testing a theory about heat dissipation when I realised that this was the perfect candidate for small atty's even though there is quite abit of wire it still cools off quicker than most other builds.

Contents: This is a 4 core alien as the name suggests. The alien is made with 4 cores 29 gauge wrapped in 38 gauge.

OHM's and Flavour:
This build has a reading of 0.12-0.13 ohms, hits really hard and has a nice warmth to it. This is the ultimate flavour coil in my opinion, I've dropped it into almost every atty with awesome results.

User Friendly: Very easy to install and use.

Difficulty to make: Making these aliens aren't as easy as with normal tri-core aliens, like the 5 core aliens, keeping 4 cores together while wrapping is tricky but manageable.

Time to make: around 2hrs 15mins for about 4 coils, this includes prep time which is around 80% of the total time spent making these.

Is it worth the effort: Like I said, this is the ultimate flavour build, so it's definitely something worth building.

Attachments

• PA090063.JPG
    PA090063.JPG
    446.6 KB · Views: 19
I don't know whats prettier, your coils or your pics.
Keep them coming, very informative, especially with regard to the time it takes to make these fancy coils!

Pentacore Aliens
PC290444.JPG PC290446.JPG PC290450.JPG

About this build: A customer from Cape Town recently sent me his O-Atty V1 for the full treatment, wash, clean and polish. At the time I was testing something with a twist, these Pentacore Aliens look normal, but they have a hidden gem, this helps brings the ohms down while also keeping the heat minimal.

Contents: It's a 5 core alien. The alien is made with 4 cores 29 gauge and a single strand of 26 gauge all wrapped in 38 gauge.

OHM's and Flavour: This build has an ohm reading of 0.2, the hit has a nice kick to it, it has the warmth and flavour I was looking for. I felt the flavour was heightened in this atty using this coil.

User Friendly: This is child play to install, the wire itself is firmer than the other coils due to it having this much wire, but the O-Atty is known for its small posts, but I manage to get it in without much of a fuss.

Difficulty to make: This is super tricky to make, reason being, keeping that 26 gauge where it should be is the difficult part, once you've mastered that, it's relatively the same as every other alien coil.

Time to make: This coil took me a while to make and having made it only twice I can't really say how long it took, I have not mastered it just as yet. I will post it again if I do make another set.

Is it worth the effort:
I don't think it's worth all the effort if I'm being honest there are easier coils to make that will do the same or out perform these. Like the Staged Pentacore aliens, much easier as the 5 cores are the same no need to make sure the one strand stays in one place, they pretty much stay there.

The Frankenstein - Hexa-Core Alien

P5020011-1.jpg

P5020014-1.jpg

P5020001 (2) - 1.jpg

P5020012 (2) - 1.jpg

P5020005 (2) - 1.jpg

About this build: This coil has been in the making for quite awhile, it's an easier to install version of the Staged Pentacore Aliens, I am not yet happy with the results of my testing, if it is perfected, I think we might have a proper single coil for those mech squonkers.

Contents: It's a 6 core alien. The alien is made with 5 cores 29 gauge and 1 core 26 gauge wrapped with 38 gauge.

OHM's and Flavour: This build has an ohm reading of 0.16, the ramp up is slower than expected but and has a nice warmth to it. Flavour is a bit muted but I will play around with it and see what is the problem.

User Friendly: Very easy to install, not much work involved making it extremely user friendly.

Difficulty to make: Making these aliens aren't as easy as with normal tri-core aliens, keeping 6 cores together while wrapping is tricky, I really struggled to make these, but with enough practice I will perfect it.

Time to make:
around 2hrs for about 2 coils, this includes prep time which is around 70% of the total time spent making these.

Is it worth the effort: At the moment I'm not too pleased with the results, will give more feedback as the testing phase progresses.

Dude these coils and shots are amazing. Holy crap. This is art. You can print that on a canvas and hang it in decent vape shops/lounges for sure.

Back