CraftVapour - Juice Reviews

Sir Vape

Owner of Sir Vape
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Ok so this is my first review. Please be kind (grammar did not favour me or did school for that matter) :)

I was pretty excited when I saw Craft Vapours website. I have only really got back into vaping a couple months ago and been obsessively crawling the net for new juices much to wife's dismay. Their website is pretty cool and simple. They had a nice selection of handcrafted juices that seemed tempting but I chose the Seattle Vin-Cap and Melon on the Rocks.

I'm a huge fan of dessert, coffee and tobacco style juices so the Vin-Cap really appealed to me. I've been trying to get into fruit flavours for some time and thought I would the Melon a go. They only had 18mg available on their site but they said they would mix a 9mg which is what I'm comfortable with.

They arrived in Durbz two days later and I put them aside until the end of the end of the day as I was a bit hectic at work (did not get much work done that day eyeing out the package). Later that evening I opened the bag to find the bottles had been gift wrapped in craft paper, tied with twine and a sticker with their logo used as seal. Pretty cool and I can see the vibe they are going for: Vintage, old school, connoisseur, office type vibe which is apparent from their site and packaging. The 30ml glass bottles were wrapped in bubble wrap and their was no leakage :) :) The bottles are dark brown, the labels are professionally done and have all the necessary info and warnings. The cap is one of those glass dropper styles which I personally just don't get but i suppose that's what available.

Now my setup is pretty basic (SO FAR!!!) so I'm sure with a better device you might get a slightly better vape and could judge a juice better. I used my Kangertech Mini Protank 2, Ego twist and a new 1,8 coil.

Melon On The Rocksmelon on the rocks.JPG

Firstly when you open the bottle all you can smell is watermelon and I mean fresh watermelon, not the synthetic smelling type. My wife walked in and could smell it straight away and remarked how fresh it smelt. I filled a tank up, left it for 5 mins. Set it on 4,2 and inhaled. Now i was expecting an instant fruit taste due to the strong melon smell I was getting but was surprised by the cool mint vape I received, the throat hit was pretty cool and their was a decent amount of vapour. On the exhale is when I got the melon and it was very subtle but suited the mix very well. I was very impressed on how close Craft Vapour got their juice to their description which i would imagine a craft on its own. A very simple juice but a lovely vape but not an all day for me. I use it as a breaker and would definitely order it again.

Well done guys :)

Seattle Vin-Cap

seattle vin cap.JPG

I'm holding on reviewing this one for now :(

Really disappointing and don't get it at all!!! Going to let it steep for another week or so before i review it properly. I think that's fair but I'm not expecting miracles lol and was really bummed as I'm a sucker for these type of flavours. Don't get coffee, I get a little cream and an odd notes of aniseed (i think). Just doesn't make sense but lets see.

I hope this review is OK and look forward to writing a couple more :)

[rsvp=2183]Click here to RSVP[/rsvp]

Awesome review, immaculate grammar. Well done and thank you.
EDIT: Visited their web site. Volume that one buys I see nowhere. Nic content only displayed on check out. Shipping option is "standard shipping", but not explained.

Last edited:
Ok so this is my first review. Please be kind (grammar did not favour me or did school for that matter) :)

I was pretty excited when I saw Craft Vapours website. I have only really got back into vaping a couple months ago and been obsessively crawling the net for new juices much to wife's dismay. Their website is pretty cool and simple. They had a nice selection of handcrafted juices that seemed tempting but I chose the Seattle Vin-Cap and Melon on the Rocks.

I'm a huge fan of dessert, coffee and tobacco style juices so the Vin-Cap really appealed to me. I've been trying to get into fruit flavours for some time and thought I would the Melon a go. They only had 18mg available on their site but they said they would mix a 9mg which is what I'm comfortable with.

They arrived in Durbz two days later and I put them aside until the end of the end of the day as I was a bit hectic at work (did not get much work done that day eyeing out the package). Later that evening I opened the bag to find the bottles had been gift wrapped in craft paper, tied with twine and a sticker with their logo used as seal. Pretty cool and I can see the vibe they are going for: Vintage, old school, connoisseur, office type vibe which is apparent from their site and packaging. The 30ml glass bottles were wrapped in bubble wrap and their was no leakage :) :) The bottles are dark brown, the labels are professionally done and have all the necessary info and warnings. The cap is one of those glass dropper styles which I personally just don't get but i suppose that's what available.

Now my setup is pretty basic (SO FAR!!!) so I'm sure with a better device you might get a slightly better vape and could judge a juice better. I used my Kangertech Mini Protank 2, Ego twist and a new 1,8 coil.

Melon On The RocksView attachment 4546

Firstly when you open the bottle all you can smell is watermelon and I mean fresh watermelon, not the synthetic smelling type. My wife walked in and could smell it straight away and remarked how fresh it smelt. I filled a tank up, left it for 5 mins. Set it on 4,2 and inhaled. Now i was expecting an instant fruit taste due to the strong melon smell I was getting but was surprised by the cool mint vape I received, the throat hit was pretty cool and their was a decent amount of vapour. On the exhale is when I got the melon and it was very subtle but suited the mix very well. I was very impressed on how close Craft Vapour got their juice to their description which i would imagine a craft on its own. A very simple juice but a lovely vape but not an all day for me. I use it as a breaker and would definitely order it again.

Well done guys :)

Seattle Vin-Cap

View attachment 4547

I'm holding on reviewing this one for now :(

Really disappointing and don't get it at all!!! Going to let it steep for another week or so before i review it properly. I think that's fair but I'm not expecting miracles lol and was really bummed as I'm a sucker for these type of flavours. Don't get coffee, I get a little cream and an odd notes of aniseed (i think). Just doesn't make sense but lets see.

I hope this review is OK and look forward to writing a couple more :)

Excellent review @The Inhaler. Thanks for this :)

Now that sounds flipping awesome Rob :)

@The Inhaler,

Thank you so much for your review. Its great to hear that you like the melon on the rocks. Thank you so much for your feedback. I will contact you around your experience with the Seatle Vin-Cap. Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to improve.

@Matthee

Thank you for your feedback on the website. We have launched a new site with a new look and specific attention to the issues you raised.

• The new shipping section details our courier services , their delivery regions and your expected timeframes.
  • The new product page details all the information you referred to in your post above .
  • The Nic content is now displayed before checkout.

Thank you for your feedback and support. Quality is of the utmost importance to us and your feedback helps us improve.

Hey the Seattle I just cant get at all. Odd as those type of flavour juices are favourite. Don't taste any of the flavours described :(

@The Inhaler,

We have updated this recipe. It should have a more pronounced coffee flavour now. I will email you a little later today to discuss.

Regards,

Mail Sent last night. Hope you received in good order.

Thanks much appreciated :)

I can’t remember who told me to try the Matterhorn Menthol from Craft Vapour… I think it may have been @johan. I think I was whining about how kak all the juices I have been testing are and he said give Mo’s juices a test. Well I did and I ordered Matterhorn Menthol and Polar Express both 9mg.

Craft 001.JPG

Having just discovered the iGo-L for juice testing I thought now would be a good time to try Craft Vapour. No question another 5 out of 5 juice found! Matterhorn Menthol is smooth and powerful and just a prefect Vape for me…

I then tried the Polar Express and this is Mint Imperials in vapour form… really nice and I will be ordering this again.

I think I may test some of his other juice after today’s test… I would have to say quality juices made by a master juice maker.

I agree, the Artisan RY4 is top notch, can't wait to try some others.

I agree with Rob, on a dripper their juices are really nice - both Matterhorn Menthol and Polar Express, but Seattle Vin-Cap is missing the taste ? And then, on standard tanks tase mediocare.. You have to power your coils !!

Mint and menthol flavours are my absolute favourites for an ADV. After reading Craft Vapours descriptions of the Matterhorn Menthol and Polar Express, I just had to try them. A large portion of my client base adore RY4 so I decided to give the Artisan RY4 a test as well.

As was mentioned by the OP - I also love the packaging, it's well thought out and distinctive.

Hardware used:
MVP with iClear30S and MVP with MPT3

The Juices:
Mattherhorn Menthol
This is by far my favourite of all the menthol flavours I have tested. Smooth, cooling with a decent throat hit and leaves a very pleasant and refreshing taste in my mouth. Great vapour production as well. Perfect for me at 7.5 or 8.0 watts on the MVP.
Polar Express
Found this one a tad harsh in comparison to the Matterhorn Menthol and have decided to leave it to steep for another week or so before giving a proper review.
Artisan RY4
I am not a fan of tobacco flavours at all, that said I found the RY4 to be a pleasant vape - well rounded with that distinct RY4 flavour on exhale - not overpowering like some of the other RY4 blends that I have tested. Another week or so of steeping may very well make this another ADV for me. Will give more feedback when I do a proper review on the Polar Express.

In conclusion:
Great product, great service - will definitely try more of their flavours going forward.
Looking forward to testing all the above on my Panzer mod and Atomic RDA (clones) when they finally arrive from SlowTech.

Attachments

• CV.JPG
    CV.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 32
Hi all

I bought two of CraftVapour's juices at the JHB Vape Meet. For those that don't know, CraftVapour is a local juice manufacturer run by @Mow@CraftVapour (Mauritz). I was fortunate to meet Mauritz at the vape meet. He is a fantastic guy and is super passionate about juices and flavours. Their ready made juices cost R140 for 30ml. I got the 18mg strengths. Their juices are 50/50 PG/VG.

The first in my reviews of Craft Vapour's juices is Melon On The Rocks. I have been vaping it in one of my REOs for about 10 days. Have vaped about 15ml of it so far. Here goes...

CraftVapour - MELON ON THE ROCKS (18mg)

Bottom line - this is an amazing juice for me. I like the refreshing icy watermelon blast and I love its knockout throat hit. I would definitely re-order.

It's a clear liquid and smells fruity and fresh.

Wow - right off the bat, this juice gives me a strong icy blast and punches me hard. I like it. This is going to be fun.

I get watermelon and a crisp fresh green melon type of flavour. Not sweet or in your face but more subtle. But it's not the usual fruity type of vape. This one has an icy freshness to it that makes it different. It's sort of minty but not really, just pure cold icyness. And it's very refreshing. I also pick up a slight spicyness to it which gives a little tingle in my mouth. Overall, this flavour is very unique to me. The watermelon and green melon is there but the way it comes through with the cold icyness is something I have not experienced before. I like it very much.

Now on to something quite amazing in this juice. The throat hit. This juice knocks me hard. And it's strange, it's not a tobacco or a flavour I would think would hit hard. Neither am I vaping it at very low ohms. Its about 12-15 Watts on a 1.2 ohm REO. But she knocks me hard. I'd say easily in the top few throat hitters for me. Not sure what it is exactly that is knocking me, but it's probably the "icyness" component and the 18mg nic strength. Needless to say, throat hit seekers like me will be pleased. I do find that I cough occasionally with this juice if I have a few puffs in succession. I'm not complaining ;-)

Naturally this is a cool and refreshing type of vape. Not a warm one. It's a bit like that feeling of putting an ice cube in your mouth and breathing in the cold air.

It's not very sweet. After a while, I get a bit of a sourness to it, which I like. It's more on the dry side, not wet. It is natural tasting - no strange tastes.

The juice vapes well and has a smooth texture. Definitely feels like a premium juice to me. This juice does have a few flavours - it's not a single flavour juice. I found the melon flavours well balanced with the icyness. Some may say the icyness is a bit strong and the melon flavours too weak, but that is personal preference. I suspect that icyness is helping me with the throat hit, so I enjoy it just as it is. As their description says, the exhale is definitely cold.

I found the aftertaste to be pleasant. It leaves a fresh taste in your mouth which stays for a while. I also get that slight tingling which I find pleasant.

I enjoyed this juice at most times of the day. Mornings for a fresh blast and during the day when I needed a big hit. Not so good for evenings as I prefer something a bit more mellow and not so refreshing ;-)

Melon on the Rocks in hand.jpg

Packaging:
- nice glass bottle with dropper cap - functional and easy to use - the cap seals nicely
- amber glass helps to keep it darker
- the labelling is good. White on black is easy to read. Flavour is clear. 18mg nic strength is on the back and a bit obscure but it is there. There is however no mention of the PG/VG ratio. That you will find on their web site.
- nice that you don't need a pipette or syringe - the glass dropper works quite well
- just be careful you don't knock over the bottle when opened, you will spill your juice
- the cap is not "child deterrent". So keep away from kids.

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 1.2 ohm coil - cotton wick - (12 to 15 Watts)

Many thanks @shabbar!
Definitely give it a try if you like an icy type of vape.

Nice review @Silver. Always impressed at your ability to push a juice trial over a long time period.

I can concur, CraftVapour is the business.

Anyone who is wondering, place your orders, I promise you won't regret it.

Nice review @Silver. Always impressed at your ability to push a juice trial over a long time period.

I can concur, CraftVapour is the business.

Anyone who is wondering, place your orders, I promise you won't regret it.

Thanks @devdev

Amazing thing I find about most juices is that after a while they develop a "personality". And you either get friendlier and discover more about them or you tend to shy away and say not really for me. Bear in mind that I am getting better at picking which juices to buy. I doubt I could go 10 days with a juice I don't like ;-)

Am looking forward to my next CraftVapour juice - it's Wild Wiberry. I haven't opened the bottle yet - so it will be a surprise.

Just upset I didn't buy the Artisan RY4 at the Vape Meet, but I limited myself to just two flavours... Based on what others have said I will definitely need to order that soon...

Thanks for yet another excellent review Hi Ho! Every time I read one of your positive juice reviews I’m forced to go add them to my shopping basket! PS This is not a complaint! :rock:

Back