Crown 3 quick review

Rafique

Juice Junky
LV

Awards
Having received the Uwell crown 3 tank yesterday after seeing reviews and just loving the look of it.

Not much can be said about the Uwell crown other than it performs well, basic yet solidly made.

upload_2017-4-29_8-48-6.png

Specs:

• Diameter: 24.5mm
  • 510 Threaded
  • 5ml Capacity
  • Top Fill Design with Twist Off Cap
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Quartz Glass Tank
  • Plug and Pull Atomizer Head Replacement Design
  • Triple Airflow Slots
  • Adjustable Airflow Control
  • Wide Bore Drip Tip with Assorted Colors (received purple) :-(
  • Includes (1) Uwell Crown 3 SUS316 Parallel Coil 0.25ohm Atomizer Head recommended (80- 90W)
  • Includes (1) Uwell Crown 3 SUS316 Parallel Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head recommended (70 - 80W)
  • 510 Drip Tip Compatible

No RBA available yet

Contents:

1 x Uwell Crown 3
1 x Uwell Crown 3 SUS316 Parallel Coil Coil 0.25ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
1 x Uwell Crown 3 SUS316 Parallel Coil Coil 0.5ohm Atomizer Head
1 x Replacement Glass
1 x Drip Tip Cover
1 x Uwell Crown 3 Key
1 x Set of Spare Parts

Available drip tip colours:

upload_2017-4-29_9-2-20.png

Juice used 3mg strawberry shakes from Joose-E-liqs ( I know this flavour ) and on this tank its not bad but not wow compared to my single coil serpent mini.

Im currently running the 0.5 ohm coil, recommended wattage is 70 to 80 watts, I find my sweet spot at 62 watts. For me at 70 watts or higher the drip tip tends to get fairly hot.

Like previous editions on the uwell family, the coil needs some breaking in. Through the first tank of juice, flavour is muted and there is some gurgling as can be expected from these tanks, apparently this was suppose to have been fixed with the crown 3 but still gurgles through first tank of new coil.

The coils are ok, not as good as home made builds but are better than most commercial coils I have tried in the past.

Tank after tank the flavour gets better.

Does it leak ?

While it claims to be leak proof, I filled it to the max on my third tank air slots closed and walla yes it does. This can be expected as I never left any air pocket in the tank when I closed the top cap. Still early days but I will check to see if it leaks more than expected compared to other sub ohms.

Pros:
- looks good
- nice top fill method
- 5 ml capacity
- nice smooth airflow
- fancy drip tips
- spare glass

Cons:
- Coils can be better

Short but simple

Thanks @Rafique
That adds value, much appreciated

Do you own a crown 1 @Rafique ?
I still have 2 in rotation and love them dearly. Would be nice to see if the crown v1 has been dethroned yet.

Do you own a crown 1 @Rafique ?
I still have 2 in rotation and love them dearly. Would be nice to see if the crown v1 has been dethroned yet.

@Christos, not at the moment. I have had a few in the past. Its difficult to say whether its been dethroned because the vape, airflow and cloud production is very similar.

Now that you mention the crown 1, it actually seems that this might be the same with an upgraded look. I cant speak for the 0.25 coil yet maybe that will make the difference between the 2

Thanks for the honest opinion @Rafique I still have a soft spot for sub ohm tanks but it has to be great for me to get one again. Love the look of the tank though and the coil replacement system. Only subohm tanks I have left is the veco an estoc tanks.

@Christos, not at the moment. I have had a few in the past. Its difficult to say whether its been dethroned because the vape, airflow and cloud production is very similar.

Now that you mention the crown 1, it actually seems that this might be the same with an upgraded look. I cant speak for the 0.25 coil yet maybe that will make the difference between the 2
I've used the other coils but my favourite is the 0.5 SS. Haven't upgraded yet because the v1 does the job superbly.

Thanks for the honest opinion @Rafique I still have a soft spot for sub ohm tanks but it has to be great for me to get one again. Love the look of the tank though and the coil replacement system. Only subohm tanks I have left is the veco an estoc tanks.

@Schnappie this didn't exceed my expectations but will I recommend it to someone starting vaping over a subtank or any other common tanks the answer is yes

@Schnappie this didn't exceed my expectations but will I recommend it to someone starting vaping over a subtank or any other common tanks the answer is yes
Agreed! Also I find the coils to last a good 100ml of juice whilst still giving top notch flavour in my opinion.

I think I will stick to my V1. Have the SE as well.But the V1 is still better for me.

The V1,one can refill all the time with airflow open and it just never leaks.

Cool thanks. When I enquired I was told all their stainless steel tanks had the golden drip tip. Glad a didn't order one yet because I don't want the purple.

Thanks for the review. Have u seen the reviews suggesting that the best flavor comes out at higher than the recommended wattage?

It seems most reviewers think Uwell was being conservative with the recommended wattages because they didn't want people to burn out the coil while brand new and then think it's crap.

From what I've seen, the 0.25 produces it's best flavor between 100w and 110w, and the 0.5 between 90w and 100w. I hear what you're saying about the drip tip getting hot but if you have a suitable tip that is more heat resistant perhaps you could try it?

Agreed! Also I find the coils to last a good 100ml of juice whilst still giving top notch flavour in my opinion.

I have 3 in rotation, along with a few other tanks. My coils only just burnt out, after 6 months!

I think I will stick to my V1. Have the SE as well.But the V1 is still better for me.

The V1,one can refill all the time with airflow open and it just never leaks.

I agree that the V1 is the king, the best, and once again I have you to thank for selling them to me. I'm still gona try the V3 though. I enjoy the V2 with certain juices (thinner or sweeter juices) over the V1.

I'm curious to see if the V3 will dethrone the V1 or at least find it's own little niche area like the V2 has.

I just like vaping at 50W to 55W with the 0.5ohm coils for battery life.

All my crowns already sit on Triade's because of battery life.

I really hated the V1 because of the terrible taste I got from the coils and never managed to vape through that kak taste... I also hated the bullshit story they released on the ceramic coils so I bypassed thier V2 offering... but I have ordered the V3 because of FOMO!. ;-)

Cool thanks. When I enquired I was told all their stainless steel tanks had the golden drip tip. Glad a didn't order one yet because I don't want the purple.

Thanks for the review. Have u seen the reviews suggesting that the best flavor comes out at higher than the recommended wattage?

It seems most reviewers think Uwell was being conservative with the recommended wattages because they didn't want people to burn out the coil while brand new and then think it's crap.

From what I've seen, the 0.25 produces it's best flavor between 100w and 110w, and the 0.5 between 90w and 100w. I hear what you're saying about the drip tip getting hot but if you have a suitable tip that is more heat resistant perhaps you could try it?

Thanks @Baker, will give it a go later and let u know how the Vape over 80w. Lol I also didn't intend on getting the purple drip tip.

Ok so I tried the crown at 75 watts it really does shine for a 0.5ohm coil they have done well. With these, time to see how long they last 6 tanks down and still performing like a champ.

Ok so I tried the crown at 75 watts it really does shine for a 0.5ohm coil they have done well. With these, time to see how long they last 6 tanks down and still performing like a champ.

Cummon, 90w, get up there ;)

Apparently they're good for well over 100ml, although that would also depend on the type of juice.

Any updates?

lol well I went to 90w, it performs well and eats juice. Its a nice tank but decided to let it go.

Dont really vape over 48w. I have found my recently 2 acquired single coil rtas (Mage GTA and serpent mini) are now my favorites

Back