Cubis

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Thread for comments, impressions and questions regarding the Joyetech CUBIS tank.

Last edited:
We have been posting all over about the new Cubis tank by Joyetech. A dedicated thread might help future queries.

The Cubis imo is the best plug and play tank on the market since the Mini Aspire Nautilus - beats the Aspire hands down. Easy to assemble, easy to clean, easy to fill, no leaking. No more juice or moisture on your mod's 510 connection as the airflow comes from the top.

I have been using the 0.5 ohm coil between 18 and 28 W and am now almost finished my 9th tank (= 31.5 ml) with one coil unit. It is important to keep within the power range recommended by Joyetech in the chart below. Flavour is very accurate. Vapour is great. Air flow adjustment works. Probably more MTL, but I can do lung hits too - but not my area of competence as I prefer MTL. Most peeps seems to think this is mostly a MTL tank. Throat hit is good.

It takes 3.5 ml of juice. I have experienced some spitting - about once every tank, which I can live with. Some vapers have complained about much more spitting. One solution I picked up on ECF: "Regarding spitback... if it's spitting or flooding, flip it upside down, fire it, and you should be good to go. Another distro just told me, and the tank I was hating with a passion is back in my good graces. Seriously that spitback was like molten lava in my mouth.". What I have also read is that some peeps fiddle a bit with the spitback screen on top of the coil unit (as screwed off). Seems they just pressed in in a tad, which resulted in better flavour and less spitback.

Vaping is a bit more noisy than others because of the air flow path, but it does not bother me at all.

Spare coils are R40.00 each (VapeClub) if you buy a packet of five. Joyetech has just released a RBA (rebuildable) coil unit, which should reach our shores shortly. Seems higher power vaping will be possible with the RBA unit.

It comes with 2 other coil units. A 1.0 ohm one, which they recommend for temperature control vaping and a 1.5 ohm clapton one, recommended for variable wattage vaping (see chart below). Will try those once the 0.5 ohm one decides to give up.

For me this is a winner - suitable for new vapers as well as experienced vapers not interested in the lower sub ohm scene (the RBA could change that, we shall see) or as an out and about. Joyetech has announced that they are releasing the Cubis in a variety of colours, many of which will be the same as the colours of the Evic VTC Mini. Black and SS now available locally. I have mine on a SS Cuboid in my right hand at the moment.

Do shout if you have any questions.

x6rD3uX.jpg

HGCAr8J.png

iL4hS58.jpg

a9Q3zrG.png

Please add your impressions @ChadB, @DaveH, @Robert Howes, @Chezzig, @Rob Fisher and other users of the Cubis.

EDIT: The spitback from the Cubis coils got too much for me in the end. No longer using the tank.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, i ordered one with my Cuboid too but afterwards I got a bit scared after reading other people's experiences. You article puts me at ease and I can't wait to try it out! :-D

This guy has an elaborate priming of a new 0.5 ohm coil unit. Maybe because he starts off at 30W. I have only pre-wetted the wick (as he shows too) without any problems and starting off at about 18 W) But he has a few good points in the video. And he only does direct to lung hits on the Cubis.

Last edited:
@Andre. Compared to the sub tank mini, what makes this better ?

Cubis is like a cup with juice, subtank like a cup with holes in the bottom.
Cubis you can remove your coil/build without having to dump the juice first, goodluck trying that with the subtank.

The one great feature of the Bellus is turning it upside down with juice still inside, removing the build to rewick or recoil, very handy.
The Cubis goes one better in that you dont have to turn it upside down first.
Cubis + RBA option = Kentucky Fried dinner... IMO.

@Andre. Compared to the sub tank mini, what makes this better ?
  • No leaking or any moisture anywhere. Even if you stand it on its head. With the Subtank you always have a bit of moisture from the air holes.
  • Flavour on the commercial 0.5 ohm coil unit is superior to that of the commercial coils of the Subtank imo. As good as that of the Subtank's RBA. We shall see how good the Cubis RBA is as soon as we get one to test. I think coiling the Cubis RBA will be more difficult.
  • You can vape this tank dry. I leave not more than one drop of juice. In the Subtank you dare not go below the juice holes.
  • Filling is much easier than on the Subtank. It is like pouring water into a glass.
  • The Cubis is smaller and better looking than the Subtank. Very subjective of course.
  • Cleaning compared to the Subtank is a breeze. And the glass is better protected.

Really interested in this tank. Will wait till the RBA section is out and tested..

I actually have the Cubis and pack of 5 coils in my cart on 1 of the vendors site! I really don't know lol..HELP!

I vaped on one this afternoon 0.5ohm coil @30w my observation is that you can easily do lung hits and for me it has more airflow than the subtank. If I had not bought a crown tank a week ago I would have bought this in a heartbeat. Still tempted to buy one for my 30w Istic ;)

Thanks @Andre for the mention.
I have to say this is the best tank for MTL in my opinion.
I'm pretty fussy with my coils and i'm almost a week into using the 1 ohm SS coil and no sign of changing it. When I was using my NM I was changing coils every +- 6 days as I felt the flavour was degrading. I tried the clapton at first but I far prefer the 1ohm SS vaping it at 18w & 250 degrees celsius, still have to try the 0.5 SS. I was getting some spit back once I added juice but with Andre's help it works like a charm, absolutely NO spitback (turning it upside down). I found the NM really good for throat kick but it lacked flavour and I believe the Cubis does a better job at both. Filling of the tank is also great, I have filled it quickly and easily between robots and it's no problem. Also, it has not leaked on me and I highly doubt it ever will.

If you're looking for a really good MTL tank this is it, the RBA will make it even better but will be difficult to rebuild these little coils. Hopefully a similar RBA to that of the Subtank mini as with the Tron S I found the CLR a bit too small to rebuild. I use it on my black Evic VTC mini and it looks awesome with the black Cubis.
Oh - it's also at a steal of a price for what you get.

I've had the Cubis tank just over a week. Using the 1.5ohm clapton coil at about 12.5Watts, I have filled this tank 10 -12 times using just over 30ml of juice and the coil is just starting to show signs of degradation (lower vapor production).

For me as a MTL vapor the Cubis tank comes out top mainly for the same reasons as given in the above posts.
However it does seem to have an annoying habit of 'spitting' and 'gurgling' after (re)filling, this happens to me every time I refill it. The reason I think this happens is because the juice is forced up the juice holes in the bottom of coil (head). The air in the top of the tank (above the liquid) is compressed as the top is screwed down this increase in air pressure forces the juice in to the coil and floods it, hence the 'spitting'. Luckily this is easily overcome, turn it upside down and shake (rock) it side to side, do this 3 times on the last time press the fire button for 3 seconds whilst still rocking it. Sometimes I just do it once and it is good to go.
All we are doing is equalizing the pressure in the tank and the coil head so there is no pressure forcing the juice in to the coil head.

Nevertheless even with this 'flooding' nuisance it will not be long before other tank manufacturers produce a similar "leak proof" tank.

Putting the 'air intake' above the level of the liquid really does seem a good step in the right direction.

Dave

The Cubis tank needed filling so I thought I would poke around the coil to see what it was like. Well i couldn't see much so i poked at it with a wooden tooth pick. It was a little 'gunged' up, I cleaned it out and now it's vapes like it was new. :)
How I do it. By carefully rotating the tooth pick to break up the gunge, then using a dampened twisted piece of kitchen towel to clean out the bits. I do it 6 to 10 times I dampen the twisted piece kitchen towel with water for the first few cleans and then finish the cleaning with the twisted kitchen towel dampened with the juice I am using.
It works on other manufacturers vertical coils as well.
:)
Dave

PS That is a kitchen paper towel.

Last edited:
Please delete mods.

@Andre, if we delete the first message in a thread it deletes the whole thread
Perhaps change that message to "look at the post below ;-) "

@Andre, if we delete the first message in a thread it deletes the whole thread
Perhaps change that message to "look at the post below ;-) "
Weird, I did not post it there. It was a post in another forum and thread originally. Suspect a mod tried to merge or something. Anyhow, no big deal.

The Cubis tank needed filling so I thought I would poke around the coil to see what it was like. Well i couldn't see much so i poked at it with a wooden tooth pick. It was a little 'gunged' up, I cleaned it out and now it's vapes like it was new. :)
How I do it. By carefully rotating the tooth pick to break up the gunge, then using a dampened twisted piece of kitchen towel to clean out the bits. I do it 6 to 10 times I dampen the twisted piece kitchen towel with water for the first few cleans and then finish the cleaning with the twisted kitchen towel dampened with the juice I am using.
It works on other manufacturers vertical coils as well.
:)
Dave

PS That is a kitchen paper towel.
Ah, great, thanks for sharing. That is on the 1.5 ohm Clapton coil where the coil is accessible from the top? On the 0.5 ohm coil there is a screen on top, which seems to be quite tight in there. Shall try to remove it when the vape starts to deteriorate.

I bought this tank last week. Solely based on some youtube reviews and a small chat I had with @Andre.
I'm use this tank on my eVic mini as well as my RX200, although it looks small and out of place on the RX so it sits atop the mini mostly.

I prefer vaping D2L and the 1.0ohm and 1.5ohm coils are simply too tight and a D2L pull is almost impossible. The 0.5ohm coil works pretty well for D2L hits and I get some decent clouds with it. This tank makes vaping my 6mg stash of juices much more bearable - in the TFV4 it feels like the vapour is doing burnout in my throat. I was quite surprised that I haven't had any dry hits when taking long D2L pulls yet.

Best part about this tank is that it's very frugal, I can vape all night and still have half a tank in the morning. This is my All Day Tank that I can only the eVic mini to work, with the RX200 and TFV4 waiting in the car or at home.

Anyone wanting a tank that can do MTL as well as D2L then this is a good tank to add to your collection. Can't wait to try my hand at the RBA to see how well that handles D2L.

Ah man, if only I could decide between this and the Aspire Cleito...

Ah man, if only I could decide between this and the Aspire Cleito...

Decide ??? this is not a decision:eek: it is a choice ;-) and it is always good to have a choice :)

So choose both and you are bound to be right. :)

I bet you didn't realize you would learn about life on a vaping forum :-D
Dave

I bought this tank last week. Solely based on some youtube reviews and a small chat I had with @Andre.
I'm use this tank on my eVic mini as well as my RX200, although it looks small and out of place on the RX so it sits atop the mini mostly.

I prefer vaping D2L and the 1.0ohm and 1.5ohm coils are simply too tight and a D2L pull is almost impossible. The 0.5ohm coil works pretty well for D2L hits and I get some decent clouds with it. This tank makes vaping my 6mg stash of juices much more bearable - in the TFV4 it feels like the vapour is doing burnout in my throat. I was quite surprised that I haven't had any dry hits when taking long D2L pulls yet.

Best part about this tank is that it's very frugal, I can vape all night and still have half a tank in the morning. This is my All Day Tank that I can only the eVic mini to work, with the RX200 and TFV4 waiting in the car or at home.

Anyone wanting a tank that can do MTL as well as D2L then this is a good tank to add to your collection. Can't wait to try my hand at the RBA to see how well that handles D2L.
Good to hear from the mouth of a DTL vaper, thank you. Yes, that is a good point I totally forgot about - this tank is not a juice hog, but still gives good clouds.

Back