Dawnwing as your nationwide courier

Wyvern

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there,

I have no complaint against you guys, but my complaint lies with Dawnwing who you use to send our parcels with to Cape Town and I am assuming else where. I don't know if anyone else has had issues, but Dawnwing has managed now 2 times to not deliver - the irony is I see their truck in my office complex daily by 10am - so after speaking to the people there, they told me the parcel is on that very truck, that they can't explain why he couldnt deliver the parcel to me. So the excuse that they used of getting lost is not true. Either the parcel is not loaded onto the truck and I either get it after 5pm - when I want to go home, I sit and wait at the office (last time it was till 5:30).

If that is the case, then rather don't make me pay for overnight delivery and then the chances of me getting it the next day is 0. It always takes the parcels a day longer to arrive here - other companies doesnt seem to have that issue, I for one am willing to pay for my deliviers - at least with all other companies, I actually get notified when the parcel is out for delivery.
Phoning them is not an option - they keep hanging up when I phone, I have tried 4 times before someone spoke to me, put me thru to the right person, when the call gets dropped again. And finally spoke to someone, the best they could do is, they will call me in an hour - its been an hour. . . .

The Courier Guy is the most consistent courier by a country mile... and I have received a few parcels in my time! :D

It's always a matter of finding the lesser of the evils. Sorry that you have these troubles with dawn wing, I've had really good service with them compared to tcg who I had issues with on a weekly basis.

I have had loads of deliveries from Mr Courier, never an issue, but that maybe due to their warehouse only been 5 min from my office. Dawnwing, sometimes great, sometimes not so much. MDS fall into the same boat as Dawnwing for me.

MDS and Courier Guy all deliver to me around 16:00, Courier Guy always 2 days. Aramex is the most amazing, I get my parcels before 10:00 that were sent the day before from CT. Dawn Wing also gets to me before 10:00 the next day. I'm in an "outlying area".

Courier Guy always first thing in the AM, MDS always after lunch and sometimes last thing, Dawn Wing and Aramex erratic!

Looks like it's hit and miss with all the courier options depending on your specific area. Keep in mind that your parcels may also not be collected, processed and delivered by the same company, they use each other and also make use of private contractors, my MDS and Courier Guy parcels are delivered by the same guy in an unmarked vehicle.

MDS and Courier Guy all deliver to me around 16:00, Courier Guy always 2 days. Aramex is the most amazing, I get my parcels before 10:00 that were sent the day before from CT. Dawn Wing also gets to me before 10:00 the next day. I'm in an "outlying area".
I also think it depends on where their depots are. i love it when TCG is used, because I follow them on my way to work, so sometimes they beat me there in the mornings!

I have found so far that MDS and The Courier Guy have been the most reliable at deliveries. I don't even fall in an outlying area since their head offices are in the Airport industrial area which is 20mins from my office. If I could I would go collect directly from them, without parcels going missing on trucks. Aramex have been a hit and miss so far for us. Their drivers officially cannot find Durbanville nor Oude Westhof, regularly.

Over here in the sticks The Courier Guy wins by a country mile. Dawn Wing and MDS and Aramex extremely erratic, but have become better lately.

I had no issues with any of the couriers.

Yes I agree, it is very dependent on the area. Most of these courier companies use a franchise model these days, so quality of service does vary from area to area. After using various courier companies over more than 4 years, we found TCG to mess up the least and to be the most consistent with timeous deliveries.

We also use The Courier Guy.They charge more than other companies but it is worth the extra costs.

We might be losing sales because of the little extra costs,but I will rather use a courier company that is consistent.I have been using them for more than 4 years.

Yes I agree, it is very dependent on the area. Most of these courier companies use a franchise model these days, so quality of service does vary from area to area. .
So true. The Dawn Wing in/to Randburg blows. Very frustrating dealing with them. They're the main reason I hardly deal with Vape Club as much anymore, unless I REALLY want something specific I can't get elsewhere, then I'll chose the more expensive Aramex option for shipping, otherwise I've just been going elsewhere, even if their pricing isn't as good as Vape Club's.

The Courier Guy is the most consistent courier by a country mile... and I have received a few parcels in my time! :D
The problems @Wyvern experiences with Dawn Wing is the problems I have with the courier guy. I suspect its just my area that they are not fond of!

Capture.JPG

To give you all an idea - that is the tracking on the parcel I am talking about - They told me it would be delivered by 5pm yesterday - I sat at the office till 5:30. No delivery, no one answering the phones there. They also don't bother to call me - I can deal with a parcel being delivered the next day - just call me FFS.

View attachment 46475

To give you all an idea - that is the tracking on the parcel I am talking about - They told me it would be delivered by 5pm yesterday - I sat at the office till 5:30. No delivery, no one answering the phones there. They also don't bother to call me - I can deal with a parcel being delivered the next day - just call me FFS.
I used to work for a company that taught us to make promises that we KNEW we couldn't keep, it was all about making excuses when the customer complained. I tried to convince them that if you tell them outright it would take a week, they would be really happy when it was done in three days. But if you tell them two hours and it takes you three days, that pisses people off. Simply communicating in an open and honest way, can really be a game changer. Sorry @Wyvern , my heart bleeds for your lack of vapemail :(

I used to work for a company that taught us to make promises that we KNEW we couldn't keep, it was all about making excuses when the customer complained. I tried to convince them that if you tell them outright it would take a week, they would be really happy when it was done in three days. But if you tell them two hours and it takes you three days, that pisses people off. Simply communicating in an open and honest way, can really be a game changer. Sorry @Wyvern , my heart bleeds for your lack of vapemail :(
I worked in the service industry for a long time, I know all the BS, but seriously its not on anymore, in this day and age, where even postnet sends me a whatsapp to tell my the parcel is ready for collection, why cant bigger companies be honest.

The real sad part is that we pay for overnight express delivery but we are given 2 to 3 day delivery.
We wouldn't mind waiting 2 to 3 or 4 days provided we are paying a smaller shipping cost.

I worked in the service industry for a long time, I know all the BS, but seriously its not on anymore, in this day and age, where even postnet sends me a whatsapp to tell my the parcel is ready for collection, why cant bigger companies be honest.
A lot of bigger companies are in denial, or worse, they don't even realise that there are problems with their service. I bet if you complained they would fix the immediate problem, not the cause of it, so it would just happen next time.

A lot of bigger companies are in denial, or worse, they don't even realise that there are problems with their service. I bet if you complained they would fix the immediate problem, not the cause of it, so it would just happen next time.
Another issue is that statistically we probably represent less than 4% of their revenue stream so they don't really care to lose customers that aren't filing their pockets.

I see this has been posted in the Vape Club subforum
@JakesSA , @VapeGrrl , just tagging you

From my side, i have not found any of the above mentioned courier companies to be particularly bad

The only one was Fastway which wasnt fast at all. But i dont think anyone uses them anymore

What I can say is that when there is a problem on the odd occasion, i usually call the vendor and they normally sort it out pretty quickly

@Wyvern, have you called VapeClub to discuss this?

Nope they know of the issue, they just can't be arsed. I have been trying to reach them all morning.

I see this has been posted in the Vape Club subforum
@JakesSA , @VapeGrrl , just tagging you

From my side, i have not found any of the above mentioned courier companies to be particularly bad

The only one was Fastway which wasnt fast at all. But i dont think anyone uses them anymore

What I can say is that when there is a problem on the odd occasion, i usually call the vendor and they normally sort it out pretty quickly

@Wyvern, have you called VapeClub to discuss this?
I dont think its the vendor's fault, I just wanted them to know that this has happend now both times I have ordered from them. Unfortuantely a poor courier service will make me not use them again. I am one of the few who doesnt mind paying up to R100 for couriers. I do it without blinking. But when you have the issue where the courier is letting the company down, I just want them to know why they will most likely not get another order from me. I also have a boycott against aramex currently since they cant find my office.

I dont think its the vendor's fault, I just wanted them to know that this has happend now both times I have ordered from them. Unfortuantely a poor courier service will make me not use them again. I am one of the few who doesnt mind paying up to R100 for couriers. I do it without blinking. But when you have the issue where the courier is letting the company down, I just want them to know why they will most likely not get another order from me. I also have a boycott against aramex currently since they cant find my office.

Thanks @Wyvern
Hence my question - have you chatted to Vape Club about this?

The reason I say this is that it may not be their fault, but they are the ones that are ultimately responsible.

Back