Desperation coils. Coils for corona

Resistance

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
I have suggested it in a forum but I'm hoping more people get to use it as so I decided to post it here.
This was an old coil that I got in a tank that was scrapped long ago.IMG_20200508_212302.jpg
The idea is that someone can use the info as we can't get supplies.
Remove the coil.

Now carefully remove the wire and cotton.
Sometimes the wire will break because it was a dudd or something. It might be why the tank was scrapped in the first place.
IMG_20200508_212412.jpg
There the cotton is burnt which is in most cases why commercial coils get tossed. In certain cases like this one it looks like the wire was burning in one point. (Hotspot) and creating a poor vape experience.
IMG_20200508_212529.jpg
The wire came out broken. This is still not a fail because the shorter bits can go into an MTL setup and the longer wire can be used for DL
IMG_20200508_212648.jpg
I just wrapped this coil for illustration purposes. The wire isn't clean but can be cleaned and dry burnt and you will have a usable coil.
Thanks for reading, don't forget to like and subscribe!
Edit... If not using a regulated device please check Resistance:RUDEMOUTH:

Last edited:
I have suggested it in a forum but I'm hoping more people get to use it as so I decided to post it here.
This was an old coil that I got in a tank that was scrapped long ago.View attachment 195709
The idea is that someone can use the info as we can't get supplies.
Remove the coil.

Now carefully remove the wire and cotton.
Sometimes the wire will break because it was a dudd or something. It might be why the tank was scrapped in the first place.
View attachment 195711
There the cotton is burnt which is in most cases why commercial coils get tossed. In certain cases like this one it looks like the wire was burning in one point. (Hotspot) and creating a poor vape experience.
View attachment 195712
The wire came out broken. This is still not a fail because the shorter bits can go into an MTL setup and the longer wire can be used for DL
View attachment 195713
I just wrapped this coil for illustration purposes. The wire isn't clean but can be cleaned and dry burnt and you will have a usable coil.
Thanks for reading, don't forget to like and subscribe!
Told ya ''jy is te clever vir jou size''

In all my years of vaping I can honestly say that I've never NEEDED to change a coil. I just did it sort of "because". (Not talking about factory made screw ins)

In all my years of vaping I can honestly say that I've never NEEDED to change a coil. I just did it sort of "because". (Not talking about factory made screw ins)
I change when I get hotspots,but the intended purpose for this thread is for those that don't have much options right now.
I hope it can help someone.

Great useful tip @Resistance
Thanks for sharing and making a dedicated thread for it!
:)

In years to come when this virus is hopefully long forgotten it's memory will be kept alive when someone is desperate for some wire to make a coil and has a used stock coil knocking about he will say i have to make myself one of @Resistance's Corona coils! :number_one:

195776-33a9f0e46e9d3188470134cfc23b548e.jpg

Looks awful but in desperate times it will look like a thing of beauty!

Intended purpose is for illustration.IMG_20200509_063151.jpg
If I really needed to use it, I would gut this one.
I will see what I can do to make it better later.

As promised. I found more scrapped coils.IMG_20200509_153040.jpg
And this coils I made from the salvaged wires of two different coils.I got two coils I didn't have before and would have chucked it otherwise.IMG_20200509_154545.jpg
This time I went through cleaning it a bit and straightening it before winding.
It's still not the best looking, but still very much useable.

Back