Dovpo Topside Lite cracking.

blujeenz

Loafing since 2013
LV

Awards
I noticed the plastic body had cracks and thought it might have been due to me being heavy handed tightening the small screws.
Upon a closer examination, I noticed cracks on the bottom corners too, only one screw down there which I havent touched.
So I was wondering if anyone else had cracks on their Topside lite or if it was just me with another "built on a monday" mod.
bottom.JPG lhs1F.jpg rhs1F.jpg

377F9210-0210-43F2-BED3-FD92E00C4384.jpeg I think you might have a “built on a Monday” mod.
I just checked mine and did not notice any chracks. I did however notice that the threaded inserts inserted into the plastic is put in skew on mine. Both at the top.

I just checked mine after reading this post, and mine also has small cracks at the bottom next to the magnet. Will post a photo in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Small cracks but they started. I bought my topside lite on black Friday 2020.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-26 at 09.00.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-26 at 09.00.04.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-26 at 08.59.59.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-26 at 08.59.59.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 26
I almost got rid of my Topside to get a Topside Lite because of the ability to remove the squonk bottle. I am glad they I didn't do it!

I almost got rid of my Topside to get a Topside Lite because of the ability to remove the squonk bottle. I am glad they I didn't do it!
I will only change if you topside breaks. My battery latch connecters broke off, had to keep the latch together to the mod using 6 rubber bands haha. If they fix the latch problem, then I will buy a new topside dual again.

Sorry to hear, unfortunately theres not a lot you can do, I dont think CA glue will stop it.
Its not like a run in a stocking that you can stop with a dab of nail varnish.

You can arrest / stop the crack spreading by drilling a small hole at the end of it, and then filling it with a plastic compatible epoxy ;) ... the crack however is there to stay :(

I will only change if you topside breaks. My battery latch connecters broke off, had to keep the latch together to the mod using 6 rubber bands haha. If they fix the latch problem, then I will buy a new topside dual again.

I know of a few guys who have had latch issues, etc. but thankfully mine just keeps going on.

If mine ever fails, I'll replace it with a VV Pulse 2.

The Topside Lite is the only device from Dovpo i have been disappointed with and it's not just because of the problems with cracking and doors that people are experiencing. I am not against plastic devices in fact i love the Jellybox mods from Rincoe for example but when i received the Topside Lite it just looked and felt so cheap, almost a cheaply made toy quality! I read other people really liking theirs so kept my mouth shut and left them to their delusions!

Back