Drop Dead Thread

Smittie

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Let's discuss some builds etc, on the drop dead...

I bought one yesterday (As my first RDA) and I love it! Ok, ok, I have nothing to compare it too, but i'm sure i'll be buying my next RDA soon.

I see they say you can do dual and single coil builds in the Drop Dead, so I played around with single coil builds last night, with limited success. Flavor was good, but not great.

Has anyone played around with this a bit? Different single or dual coil builds? What works, what doesn't, etc?

With rdas you get rdas that are specifically designed for single coils and provide the optimal "settigs" for such but with dual coil rdas they arenot specifically designed for single coils

Its an optional feature but ultimately it was designed as a dual and will work best with such

I run dual fused claptons on mine or parallel claptons depending on whether or not i want to buy or build.

I built a 4.0mm ID N80 parallel coil over the weekend. 4 wraps at .31ohms (single coil) and I'm getting pretty decent flavor out of it.

I am actually quite surprised. Didn't think it would be this good with a single coil...

I placed the coil in the middle and high up. Top of the coil is a bit higher than the top airflow holes.

Will play with some dual coils tonight or tomorrow to compare.

Getting my Drop Dead next week

What will be the best build for flavor ?

Getting my Drop Dead next week

What will be the best build for flavor ?
I still have not done a dual coil build in it, but what I've seen on the reviews to make sure you place the coils quite high. Top of the coil in line with the top airflow holes...

I also saw someone mention that coil placement closer to the airflow will increase flavor and closer to the middle will increase cloud production, but as I said, I have not played around with that yet.

I place my coils towards the center and pretty high up on mine and the wife's and the flavor is awesome. Not so much cloud though. I've used dual fused claptons and currently using juggernauts and the flavor is even better.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I personally like to mount low on the deck. With 0.5ohm Alians by smiley.
This is what my build looks like.
When i wick, I wick them tight. I fan out the tails a lot (I leave long tails, from the coil all the way to my mod and a little bit for love).
When i have fluffed the wick out i flatten them so they look like birds tails (a nice BIG V shape), tugg them in one at a time so that the second one over laps the 1st. (Each "tail" covers the entire half). This way the juice spreads and wicks evenly and super fast. The drop dead has a massive juice well. I take up as much of the juice well with nice loose fluffy cotton as i can.
drop dead coil1a.jpg drop dead coil2a.jpg

Here are the coils i am using: I like it round 60-70W. Nice full flavor.
For me personally mounting the coils high results in the outside housing heating up super quickly.
With this build i can vape the way i like, with long strong draws :)
Hopefully that gives the guys with drop dead's some more building ideas.
coils.jpg

anyone dealing with serious overheating on wide spaced coils? moved mine closer together to eliminate the heat on the drip tip.

Used a set of 3mm Fused Clapton's.

3mm gap between them and my top cap is not getting hot.

Send from this side of the screen

Is it just me or is this RDA heavy on juice ?

my opinion is that it is a Hotter vape than usual because of the posts been so high up... I went out and bought the dead rabbit to see what the fuss was over when I got the drop dead, but I was highly disappointed and feel that they took advantage of the marketing strategy regarding the ease of building, and went ahead to 'over- hype' the drop dead RDA.
No matter what build I put in it, I get spitback, and I will admit that it is my least fav rda in my colllection.
I have watched a few honest reviews and all state the same thing. Hot vape and Spitback.
I ran it with Ni80 Tri-core fused Claptons, Framed Staples, Dual Core Fused Claptons, Juggernauts, Staples & 22G Kanthal 7 Wrap Coils.
The Best vape I feel is with the 22G coils.
But another over marketed product to hit the masses.
I fell for it as well :(

Second drop dead delivered, not sure what u doing wrong I don't get any spit back with normal round wire or exotic, only thing I can think off is tighter wick

IMG_20181010_151954.jpg

I just changed flavours and redid the wicking using a tight wick.

No spitback

Absolutely LOVING this RDA. My mrs got it for me and surprised at work with it today. Holy cr@p it’s awesome.

A8C38470-9E80-413A-8071-F72C7816EF9C.jpeg

I love my OG DR24 but the slanted airflow irritates me when I purge so the Drop Dead intrigues me.... Send me your DD @Martin Narainsamy
I’ve never used the OGDR24 but the slanted airflow in the DRSQ is a bit odd. This airflow is silky smooth and just right. Flavour is fantastic.

I’ve never used the OGDR24 but the slanted airflow in the DRSQ is a bit odd. This airflow is silky smooth and just right. Flavour is fantastic.
I skipped the SQ as the single coil is too far away from the airflow imo except if you go huge 4.5mm or something or dual coil but just get the DR then imo or the new DD

Back