ECIGSSA Breakfast Meet - 3 April 2022

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Sunday 03-04-2022
Event end date: Sunday 03-04-2022
# Username Guest count Note
1 Viper_SA Viper_SA 1 Count me in!
2 Intuthu Kagesi Intuthu Kagesi 1 I'm so there :D
3 Spunk3yMunk3y Spunk3yMunk3y 3 Sunny, Kai and myself will be there
4 ARYANTO ARYANTO 2 bring the beer...Pauli will be joining me !

Intuthu Kagesi

Proficitis cum eo
LV

Awards
There are a few ecigssa forumites who have been meeting up for breakfast / brunch at The German Club over weekends, and we'd like to extend the invitation to all to join in and make it a regular first Sunday of the month event.
There are no competitions, freebies, or shows, just a bunch of fellow forumite vapers that wish to hang out with like minded people, share "war stories", and have a good time. The venue is child friendly, so make it a family outing.

The Breakfast Club 3 April.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there like white on rice!

What about brown rice? And yellow rice? Are you being 'ricist' now? :--P:-D
Just simplistic. When I was growing up there was only one rice and no-one was lactose intolerant. Simpler times

What about brown rice? And yellow rice? Are you being 'ricist' now? :--P:-D
We'd love some long grained, basmati in the mix, so click that RSVP button already dammit :-D
(... and bring along your "short and medium grains" too ... Mommy had me in hysterics the last time we met up)

We'd love some long grained, basmati in the mix, so click that RSVP button already dammit :-D
(... and bring along your "short and medium grains" too ... Mommy had me in hysterics the last time we met up)
Will do my best to convince her, though she's off ill at the moment, so coming close to her is asking for pain (no, not the nice kind of pain). Told her I love her but I will be avoiding her for the next few days as man flu is real and it's bad...

Will do my best to convince her, though she's off ill at the moment, so coming close to her is asking for pain (no, not the nice kind of pain). Told her I love her but I will be avoiding her for the next few days as man flu is real and it's bad...
LOL ... I understand "Man Flu", so yeah ... give her some space, and tell her to hurry up and beat them blimming germ(ans) already, as her presence is required :--)

I would like to join, but a bit out of the way and with petrol going up again at the end of the month, I think I will be forced to skip this one. ;);)

TheMonster
Coily tool
Paul
Beer money
Broken / dropped Gen & charger
Beer money , oh got that already
CHECK !
See you soon .;)

I missed this kind of arrangement. There were times when I would just join and meet new people whom I also play with at online games to this day. My schedule’s pretty rough lately.

Just another little Sunday Breakfast Challenge ...
View attachment 252921
This looks really good! Just wondering what I will have for my second helping...

Jokes aside, it reminds me of the time when I was in the army and we went on a rugby tour to Bloemfontein. First night there we all went to a restaurant (if I recall, the place's name was Stringfellows or something) and they served a steak called the 'B52 Bomber' which was a 1Kg steak and if you were able to finish it, then you get your name on a plaque on the wall.

So me and the other prop in the team decided we're big, strong and hungry guys so we want to tackle this monster. Asked the pastor (yeah, the pastor was our coach - never knew they were allowed to swear until then) if we could try and tackle this monster and he agreed, but with the provisio that we had to finish it or else. Now there was probably about 40 of us in the group (coach's, players, etc.) so we had like 4 waiters serving us. First waiter brings us the plate of food and there's this nice big steak on it, and we're like okay, it's decent but doable. So we polish it down along with a draught or two and then decide we still want dessert, which again we were told we may as long as we finish it or else.

After about 10mins waiter no 2 comes by and asks if we're ready for the next portion. We thought he meant the dessert, and we're like yeah, bring it on. Alas, the first portion of steak was just the first 500gr, along comes the next 500gr, again with chips and onion rings, etc. The Pastor then looked over at us and gave us this evil little smile - I swear this guy had some weird evil streak in him.

End of the night we did finish everything, with great difficulty though, but we did as we did not want to incur his wrath. I've had times where I've eaten a lot, but that night takes the cake (no pun intended).

This looks really good! Just wondering what I will have for my second helping...

Jokes aside, it reminds me of the time when I was in the army and we went on a rugby tour to Bloemfontein. First night there we all went to a restaurant (if I recall, the place's name was Stringfellows or something) and they served a steak called the 'B52 Bomber' which was a 1Kg steak and if you were able to finish it, then you get your name on a plaque on the wall.

So me and the other prop in the team decided we're big, strong and hungry guys so we want to tackle this monster. Asked the pastor (yeah, the pastor was our coach - never knew they were allowed to swear until then) if we could try and tackle this monster and he agreed, but with the provisio that we had to finish it or else. Now there was probably about 40 of us in the group (coach's, players, etc.) so we had like 4 waiters serving us. First waiter brings us the plate of food and there's this nice big steak on it, and we're like okay, it's decent but doable. So we polish it down along with a draught or two and then decide we still want dessert, which again we were told we may as long as we finish it or else.

After about 10mins waiter no 2 comes by and asks if we're ready for the next portion. We thought he meant the dessert, and we're like yeah, bring it on. Alas, the first portion of steak was just the first 500gr, along comes the next 500gr, again with chips and onion rings, etc. The Pastor then looked over at us and gave us this evil little smile - I swear this guy had some weird evil streak in him.

End of the night we did finish everything, with great difficulty though, but we did as we did not want to incur his wrath. I've had times where I've eaten a lot, but that night takes the cake (no pun intended).
There was, (is?), a hamburger joint in Sea Point called Franky's Diner that did something similar ... They made a hamburger with 8 huge patties. plus bacon, cheese, eggs, chillies, and the usual chips, onion rings and salad ... It was fairly reasonable too as I recall, around R300 prior lockdown, and it could be had free if you managed to finish it in under 10 minutes. There were many valiant attempts, however I never managed said freebie, and generally took away a "doggie bag" to boot :-D

There was, (is?), a hamburger joint in Sea Point called Franky's Diner that did something similar ... They made a hamburger with 8 huge patties. plus bacon, cheese, eggs, chillies, and the usual chips, onion rings and salad ... It was fairly reasonable too as I recall, around R300 prior lockdown, and it could be had free if you managed to finish it in under 10 minutes. There were many valiant attempts, however I never managed said freebie, and generally took away a "doggie bag" to boot :-D
If I was 20 years or so younger, I would have attempted this. These days I cannot do it anymore. But I will send my teenage son and they will then rue the fact :-D

@ivc_mixer

I feel your pain, my boy was playing for four football sides at age 15. Under 17's, Colts(u19) adult fifths and reserve 1sts

One full chicken and one loaf of bread a day minimum and he still looked like a stick.

Back