ECIGSSA Comp 1 - Vaping is Life Changing - (Juicy Joes & Vape King)

Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Competitn-Time-image 100by100.jpg
ECIGSSA Competition 1 - Vaping is Life Changing
--- sponsored by Juicy Joes and Vape King ---

--- closing date - 10 June 2016 ---

This is our first competition and we are very excited to bring it to the members of ECIGSSA

What you need to do to win
  • We want you to describe (in no less than 50 words) how vaping has changed your life for the better.
  • Then you need to post a single picture of your favourite vaping device and juice. This needs to be a setup that could keep you going for a while if that was the only setup and juice you could use.
In light of the recent FDA ruling, it will be great to hear from vapers their positive thoughts on vaping and see a picture of their favourite setup.

Prizes

JJ_Logo_336x300.png
vape-king-logo_(1).png

We are delighted to announce that the sponsors of prizes for this maiden competition are Juicy Joes and Vape King. Thank you for taking part as sponsors and we are lucky to have such great and generous vendors as part of this forum. We intend involving a wide range of vendors in these competitions over time.

1st prize from Juicy Joes
  • 1 x Big Black Box Mod
  • 1 x 100ml Juice (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • 1 x 30ml Juice (any juice of your choice that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA
bbb1_200by200.jpg
Bear in mind that Juicy Joes stocks one of the widest ranges of local juices in SA. So the juice prizes on offer should please any palate.

Runner-up prize from Vape King
  • 1 x Geek vape simple tool kit
  • 2 x 30ml King Royale Juices (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • 1 x 50ml Rebel Lion Juice (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA
GeekVape.jpg KingRoyale.jpg RebelLion.jpg

Closing Date and Competition Rules
  • The competition will close on Friday 10th June 2016 at 5pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • The two winners will be randomly drawn from eligible entrants
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition however members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. We may consider widening this over time. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.

GO-FOR-IT.png

Last edited:
Since I started vaping I have never looked back. I feel healthier, and have learned that many things actually have a smell! It not only is something I do, but had become a hobby, and I even define myself by it ( I am no longer a gamer, or metal head, I am a VAPER!). On top of it all, I have become part of the coolest community in the history of the interwebs!

Here is my much loved Subox Mini, recently pimped, which the wife didn't like one bit!

plex_wp_edited_image(1).jpg

Thanks so much to the ECIGSSA team, great competition guidelines to boot!

So I started vaping after being admitted into hospital , as I needed to get off cigarettes and keep occupied and subdue the cravings. My good friends @DonniZA and @sideshowruki had gotten me into vaping and I set off to buy a kit from @KieranD.

The rest is history as they say , however , I had gained more than I bargained by joining this forum. I made great new friends and we set up a vape whatsapp group. Since then our group has grown and we have regular meets and chats , and the friendship I have gained from that is priceless.

Short and Sweet. :)

My vape collection, no favoritism here :)

dd029a342eda9b378c8642f00d745a86.jpg

Thanks @Stosta
Great first entry!

Although I am not eligible to win I will enter to participate

How has vaping changed my life for the better?

Vaping has changed my life for the better in so many ways! First, I feel healthier. My heart rate under exercise is about 10 beats per minute slower than when I smoked, so that is a great thing. I don't wheeze as much. I can smell so much better and taste my food a million times better. I also don't stink and my place and clothes don't stink anymore. My wife is proud of me that I stopped smoking. And my friends and family are also happy about it. Vaping has been one major win all round. Yes, the costs have been higher, but the benefits far outweigh it for me.

In my case, this forum has been synonymous with my vaping journey. I have learnt almost everything I know about vaping from the people on ECIGSSA, either on the threads or meeting up with them in person. Have made some great friends - and it's been and continues to be so much fun. The best part is that it's always changing and there is so much more to learn and experience.

Single setup and juice that could keep me going for a while:

None other than Reo Black (aka thumper) with Witchers Brew Blackbird

I would probably miss lung hits if I had to be confined to just one setup and juice but I think this would keep me going the longest. 18mg of course!

Reo and Blackbird.jpg

Last edited:
A person’s health is of vital importance…

My health has improved drastically!!!

Ever since I have started vaping, I feel so much healthier. At night when I lay in my bed, I can FEEL how much easier I can breathe. I have small children. I want… I NEED to see them grow up, as much as they need me.

It’s real nice to have a better sense of smell, but it’s just as nice to smell better! I love being able to vape anytime I feel like it and I LOVE that my mouth does not taste like an ashtray anymore! I can choose from whatever flavour I want, it’s SO COOL!

Here’s my everyday device:

Evic VTC Mini with a Kanger Subtank
wefwefw.jpg

My favourite juice at this stage is Weiner Vape Fetch (Freshly cut Papaya).
The one in the middle....
123321.jpg
And my ADV is Vapour Mountain XXX.

Thanks to ECIGSSA I have learnt SO MUCH about vaping!!! Thanks to each and everyone of you, you guys ROCK!!!!!:dancer2:

image.jpeg i remember posting about this as my Vaping Milestone and thought i would revisit it......just realised im a month away from my 2 year anniversary :)
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/vaping-time-milestones-reached-good-news.t2158/page-47#post-261162

My sense of smell and taste almost immediately returned, within a couple of days.

My heart rate has gone down substantially from an average of 87-90 bpm to about 70-75 bpm. It has been as low as 65 when at rest, and I expect it will drop further as time goes on.

My heartbeat is regular again. When I was smoking I got to the point that about every 5th beat my heart would skip a beat; it was noticeable to me and made me nervous. Not anymore. It's like clockwork now.

My breathing is regular, especially at night. I would often have a tight chest and could hear that my airways were obstructed that I could almost whistle as I lay in bed. Subsequently I would land up holding my breath every few seconds and then taking bigger gasps of air. There were many occasions I was shaken awake by the gf because she was unsure if I had died or was just unconsciously holding my breath in.

I sleep better at night. No more waking up and coughing my head off, and no more waking up to light a cigarette in my sleep (yes, I actually did this). I would go and hang half of my body out the window to have a smoke otherwise I couldn’t fall off to sleep again.

When I wake in the morning, my lungs are much clearer. I used to wake up and cough for about 10-20 minutes, sometimes to the point that it felt my lungs were on fire and my airways had swollen up; I couldn't breathe without sounding like I was dying. I would wake each morning, irrespective of the weather and go stand outside and have a smoke before doing anything. Hasn't happened once since I started vaping.

I no longer have to sneak off to the garage to go "look for my phone charger" in the car boot

In general I haven’t had any cases of flu or colds, and when I did get sick it was not longer than for 2 days. The vaping acts like a natural anti-biotic!

I can walk up a flight of stairs without collapsing!

My GF is happier with my, how shall I say, "Performance". Fellas, for those of you who didn't know, a happy wife = a happy life... Trust me on this one.

As far as other benefits it's the normal stuff:

The house doesn't stink of cigarettes. Normally I didn't smoke anywhere in the house other than the garage or bathroom but we all know how cigarette smoke can migrate.

No ashtrays to deal with and no stompies littered all of the garage and in the gutters (I would flick it onto the roof)

Empty cigarette boxes in my car are a thing of the past! I’m really sure the car wash attendants thought I had a serious problem. Especially if the car missed its weekly appointment.

I can "stealth" vape anywhere... try that with cigarettes.

My clothes don't smell like an ashtray.

My car smells much better and no longer has little bits of ashes all over the place that made their way back in the window when flicking them.

BUT.... the biggest advantage of me quitting smoking was finding this forum

I have grown to find real friends here all who share a common interest and I wouldn’t trade that for anything else. You guys have really brought out a better side of me and for that I am forever grateful.

So all in all, it's been a grand-slam home run for me.

my 2 tone minikin and E-Liquid Project Special Reserve :)

Wow @shaunnadan - what a writeup
Chuckled at so many of your chirps.

Also, Lol on the "performance" part - hehe

Vaping has not only changed my life but both my son and fiancé life too. Kicking the stinky habit and turning to vaping has eliminated the negative health impacts of smoking on all of our lives. I now have taste buds, a better sense of smell, am healthier, fitter and I myself smell better.

Over and above all of that iv made new friends, helped motivate friends who smoke to stop and Vape and have gained access to a platform to learn and engage in. Also part of a great community who strive to motivate those who smoke to kick that habit.

Device - Wismec RX200
Juice - Rebel Lion (White lion) cannot live with out this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 46
Great comments there @DrSirus-88
I know how much you like your white lion!
Just explain what tank that is

As much as I enjoyed smoking – vaping is an all-round far more enjoyable and rewarding experience. The biggest change to my life since I started vaping is that my general health has been far better – I don’t get sick nearly as often and when I do it’s far less severe – and a simple cold doesn’t make me want to cough up a lung.

It’s helped me to realise just how awful cigarettes are – I never quite realised how bad I smelt after a smoke – or how bad a room that has been smoked in smells. I can now happily vape indoors without having to worry about what the room, or I, will smell like.

Vaping has also turned into a hobby for – something to keep my mind, and wallet, occupied with ;).

Here is my trusty Griffin (running a dual 24ga Kanthal build coming in at 0.3ohms) sitting on top of my relatively new RX200 (amazing device this!) along with a bottle of Snatch's Dairy Queen - only started vaping this liquid today (it is super tasty and I cannot get enough of it!) but I can see that 30mls is not going to last long at all!

20160513_133351.jpg

So in late 2014 I started developing symptoms that looked like late onset epilepsy. This later got worse and spent some time hospital. The result of this was that I needed to go on very strong medication to prevent the attacks from happening again. As the attacks were not quite under control, I wasn't allowed to drive anymore(I'm a car guy). This also caused some transportation issues to work as my wife worked 60kms in the opposite direction. I had to look for a new job that was closer to home and effectively change careers.
At least during all this time i had cigarettes to help with the stress.

After my first check up with the neurologist, he wasn't happy with the progress at all. It boiled down to the fact that I was smoking while taking the medication, so the next step was to quit smoking.

At the new job I met @Marius Combrink, we basically started vaping at the same time, we started with pen vapes.

My second check up after the vaping went great, the doctor was so happy with my progress. Eventually I got my car keys back and couldn't be happier.

Since that day I have been smoke free and have been vaping ever since with no sign of epilepsy again

Here's my ADV setup, a Hydrodipped RX200 with a Griffin 25

DSC_0046_1.jpg

So in late 2014 I started developing symptoms that looked like late onset epilepsy. This later got worse and spent some time hospital. The result of this was that I needed to go on very strong medication to prevent the attacks from happening again. As the attacks were not quite under control, I wasn't allowed to drive anymore(I'm a car guy). This also caused some transportation issues to work as my wife worked 60kms in the opposite direction. I had to look for a new job that was closer to home and effectively change careers.

After my first check up with the neurologist, he wasn't happy with the progress at all. It boiled down to the fact that I was smoking while taking the medication, so the next step was to quit smoking.

At the new job I met @Marius Combrink, we basically started vaping at the same time, we started with pen vapes.

My second check up after the vaping went great, the doctor was so happy with my progress. Eventually I got my car keys back and couldn't be happier.

Since that day I have been smoke free and have been vaping ever since with no sign of epilepsy again

DSC_0046_1.jpg
Cool story bro! (And I don't even mean that in the sarcastic-meme-way, it really is!) Nice to see that the benefits of vaping go beyond your regular cigarette-free bonuses, but too things like nuerology as well! Awesome that you got your keys back, I can imagine going through all of that was pretty damned stressful, so to remain stinky free at the same time goes to show the power of the vape!

That mod... HFS IT'S AMAZEBALLS!

DSC_0046_1.jpg
Nice one @sideshowruki. Love the mod man. Very very cool

Hey @ shaunnadan, really enjoyed your post, but if your girlfriend is happy with your improved performance: (My GF is happier with my, how shall I say, "Performance") I would suggest you keep this information away from your new wife. She may not be as happy.

My answer is two-fold. Physical and Emotional.

Physical:

I was busy losing my thumb.

My grandfather lost a leg to cigarettes. The vasoconstrictive action lead to the development of gangrene.

I was losing feeling and control in my right thumb. My right arm was permanently tingling. Chronic shoulder pain requiring daily massage therapy so I could sleep. Rashes and ridges developed on the skin of my thumb.

I knew what was happening. I remember my grandpa who died with water on his lungs waaay before his time (smoking also killed my other grandpa early).

After a SINGLE WEEK of vaping I started getting feeling back in my thumb. After two weeks my arm was less tingly, full mobility in my thumb again (i am a guitarist losing my thumb.... would be a death sentence). I is now a few months and the shoulder pain is at a level where I can handle it, my hands are perfect, and my arm is functioning near normal.

Lungs... were packing up. No jokes. I couldnt do a brisk 200m walk. Now I take my dogs and daughter on massive walks.

I used to get very bad sinusitis and allergies from dust etc. These have calmed down massively.

And I am just getting going...

Emotional:

I found vaping at a very bad time in my life. Being diagnosed with trauma means I have to watch my addictions. Vaping has given me an anchor in life. I am allowed to obsess over it, get blown away by it, just love it and nurture it, and it harms nobody. Not even me.

The vaping community is why I still do it. Been made to feel welcomed and respected even though I am actually technically clinically defined as being off my rocker. I need to single out @Silver who has had to deal with much more of my crazy than anybody else here. Thanks for the patience it means a LOT.

Walking into my locals in Cape Town to buy more stuff is the highlight of my week. I look forward to nothing with more unbridled glee!

Overall, without vaping I think permanent medical attention would have been a reality before the years end.

Thanks to vaping I no longer smoke, not cigarettes not weed. I dont do drugs. I dont mess around with loose women in pubs or whatever. I am dealing with my life gone south by TWISTING WIRE WRAPPING COILS AND MAKING ART WITH CLOUDS!

I am already a winner. How could all of this not be winning?!

Vaping. Just... YES.

My favorite mod... is the one my daughter decorated with cheap nail polish. She has been supporting my vaping journey all the way. Pure love. Doesnt matter what atty. I cant ever lose this mod. Ever. I like keeping the Goon on it because of its infinite build potential. Symbolic.

EDIT: I forgot a pic of ny favorite juice so just adding that... Was a hard decision wow... but... ELP Special Reserve.
1463143941105-729589708.jpg
14647236589471413434900.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @ shaunnadan, really enjoyed your post, but if your girlfriend is happy with your improved performance: (My GF is happier with my, how shall I say, "Performance") I would suggest you keep this information away from your new wife. She may not be as happy.
You made me choke and beer came out my nose. Looooooooool

I started vaping in February 2016 and one of the things that caught my attention was the technical aspects of vaping. Building coils is so far one of the things that I love most. Being able to build your own coil and get results is just a tad addictive. I'm already a chocolate fanatic and coffee addict so this new world of taste has really got me on the road of exploration. I never smoked deathsticks but I did smoke hubbly. My friends do though and my vape slowly convinced them that there might be an alternative to their smoking habbits. I've converted 3 of them already with only 2 remaining and I'm only on 3mg.

I'll update the post with my build picture but I recently upgraded from an eVic VTC Mini + Kangertech SubTank mini to a RX200s with a uwell Crown and it's a whole new world!

!EDIT: Got all of my friends on the vapetrain! No more smelly clothes after a party and no more headache from the secondhand smoking!

Last edited:
Last year my contract ended at my company, being a smoker for almost 23 years I tried the whole twisp thing to quit.
This did not go exactly as planned as I ended up with more juice in my mouth then actually "smoking". I started getting frustrated
and demotivated and kicking the habit was not working, finding work was also harder than I thought. I got to the point where I had
to find something to get myself out of the dark place I found myself in, I started my google search for twisp like alternatives.

One of my first searches I came across was ecigssa forum, I read so many stories from the members here and thought to myself I have
been missing out on so much. I started to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel, doing more and more research as I had nothing but
time on my hands. I soon realized that this is a world I need to be a part of, I ordered my first setup from Vape King
(Big boy 40w and a protank mini 3)

As soon as the courier dropped off my order, I couldn't wait to get this kit setup and start vaping (twisp cherry). I was so amazed by the flavor etc, I went online and ordered a lemo tank and from there I was hooked. Life seemed to be getting better and I could already feel that I was feeling better now that the stinkies were just about out of my life. I went for an interview at my old company and saw one of the guys I used to work with was also vaping, he had a istick 30w and a kayfun mini tank. He was making his own liquid and I was in awe as I had no idea it could by done by just anyone.

I ordered my first starter kit from Skyblue and started mixing (obviously doing some research first) from there I knew straight away that I had found
something that I really loved and I got hooked!!!

Long story short, if it was not for me stumbling upon this forum, I would probably still be on the stinkies.
Vaping has not only changed my life, in a way it has also saved my life. I feel so much better health wise and more positive about things to come,
a HUGE THANKS goes out to each and everyone here that has been so kind and openly friendly. Although I have only met a handfull of the members
here, it feels like I have known you for a long time and I spend 90% of my free time on the forums and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE ;)

This community is insanely awesome :)

2016-04-11 12.58.29.jpg
My go to kit, all day any day paired with my diy apple cake, simply would not be able to go without these babies!!!!

Good story and well written @Lord Vetinari - glad vaping is working well for you

DSC_0046_1.jpg
Wow this guy. I dont have stories to tell so I am not even gonna try but I made a great new friend being @sideshowruki
Thanks for letting me share the vape journey with you bud

How has vaping changed my life? Reading the stories already written here and the rest that will follow are inspirational and give me hope.
I was a 50cig a day Vaper. I knew it was a death sentence, but I just couldn't stop. I remember saying this to myself, I'll stop tomorrow. Or this is the last cig. It never happened.
I tried a twisp, I managed to stop for a month but it wasn't easy. Each day was a battle. Which I lost and smoked again.

Then, last year December I bought an isubG. And some shitty juice. I vaped and smoked...
Ironically enough, I stumbled onto ecigssa while looking for better juice. I wasn't disappointed.

Cigs gone. No cravings, I'll admit.. A dent in my wallet, no more morning cough. And when I'm in the dog house with the wife, I just blow a cloud and vanish like a ninja.

Attachments

• 20160513_174201.jpg
    20160513_174201.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 38

Many of you know my story, for you that don’t have a look at the link in my sig, or check out this link: http://behcets.co.za/wp/index.php/smoking-and-behcets-revised/

I have been vaping almost two years now, with mandatory doctor’s checkups every six months. Every time I hear something has improved, respiratory system, cardiovascular system and all thanks to vaping

But I think the two most prominent and immediate positive changes in my life was the fact that I never have the excruciating ulcers anymore, have not seen them for the better part of two years, and all the people I met on this forum, people that had a positive impact on my life and my outlook on life, they showed me there is still good people in the world

This is were it all started for me: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/so-the-road-begins.t2784/

My Reo piff'ed to me by RMG with my DIY Vanilla Custard

The day the Reo (Alexandra) came into my life: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/a-strange-thing.t7388/
20160513_140002.jpg

Many of you know my story, for you that don’t have a look at the link in my sig, or check out this link: http://behcets.co.za/wp/index.php/smoking-and-behcets-revised/

I have been vaping almost two years now, with mandatory doctor’s checkups every six months. Every time I hear something has improved, respiratory system, cardiovascular system and all thanks to vaping

But I think the two most prominent and immediate positive changes in my life was the fact that I never have the excruciating ulcers anymore, have not seen them for the better part of two years, and all the people I met on this forum, people that had a positive impact on my life and my outlook on life, they showed me there is still good people in the world

This is were it all started for me: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/so-the-road-begins.t2784/

My Reo piff'ed to me by RMG with my DIY Vanilla Custard

The day the Reo (Alexandra) came into my life: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/a-strange-thing.t7388/
View attachment 54181
My future friend:

You are an inspiration. I have read and told your story many a time. I wish for you to win this prize. You managed to unite a community via your needs. This is incredibly rare and special. You must be a fantastic person to know.

All my respect and admiration. Your SPIRIT is absolutely contagious.

Back