ECIGSSA Comp 3 - What are you looking forward to at VapeCon 2016 - (Fog Machine & J&J's Emporium)

shaunnadan

somewhere in the clouds....
VIP
LV

Awards
competition_time.PNG

ECIGSSA Competition 3 - What are you looking forward to the most at VapeCon 2016 !
--- sponsored by Fog Machine and J&J's Emporium ---

--- closing date - 19 July 2016 ---
In anticipation of VapeCon 2016 we are very excited to start our next competition with the members of ECIGSSA

Tell us what you're looking forward to the most at VapeCon 2016.

• Is it a particular vendor or someone from the community you'd like to meet?
  • Most original and insightful 3 entries wins (as judged by the Admin and Mod Team)
  • Only 1 entry per person allowed

Prizes

FogSteamPunk.png

logo.png

We are delighted to announce that the sponsors of prizes for this third competition are Fog Machine and J&J's Emporium. Thank you for taking part as sponsors and we are lucky to have such great and generous vendors as part of this forum. We intend involving a wide range of vendors in these competitions over time.

Prize from Fog Machine
  • 8 x 30ml Fog Machine E-Liquids (1 of each in the whole line)
  • Free shipping within SA
Prize from J&J's Emporium
  • 1 x Kanger Dripbox 160
  • 2 x batteries
  • 1 x bag of Kendo Vape Cotton or Cotton Bacon (Winners choice)
  • 1 x 30ml Juice (local flavors only) - winners choice
  • 1 x roll of Ni80 wire (winners choice of gauge)
  • Free shipping within SA
Prize from VapeCon
  • 2 x VapeCon 2016 Tickets

Closing Date and Competition Rules
  • The competition will close on Tuesday 19th July 2016 at 5pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • Entry to the competition is limited to one valid post per member.
  • The three winners will be drawn based on the discretion of the Admin and Moderator Team from eligible entrants
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition however members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. We may consider widening this over time. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.
images

Last edited:
I sadly won't be able to make it to VapeCon 2016, but figured I would try my luck at an eligible entry anyways!

I have met a lot of people on here that I would love to meet in person. Had some great discussions with @Feliks Karp , @KimVapeDashian , @Jakey for example. Also been helped out by guys like @Comfort Vape and @Clouds4Days , so would be really cool to thank them in person! Then of course there are plenty of vendors that have helped me along my vape journey. @Stroodlepuff @JakesSA and @Oupa just to name a few!

So then, what am I looking forward to most from VapeCon 2016? I has to be the photos of the day! ;)

Last edited:
I love this competition and I also hate it cause there is so much that I am looking forward to, but I have to choose just one thing :-(

So, that one thing would be to personally meet some of the recent/new vendors.
From my first days of vaping when @KieranD used to deliver juices to me at home, to going to the first B&M VapeKing, it's always awesome to see the different personalities behind the vendor brands.

The other thing (sorry, it is two) is to be able to see, touch and feel some of the higher end devices and atty's (petri's, Goon's, Sigelei's, etc) before I buy them, as I only see these online and do not make it out to B&M's to pick them up.

Personally I'm looking forward to be with people like me, beer and food. And get some stainless wire, maybe a mod and some ceramic coils.

Last edited:
Well done ECIGSSA team yet again for a fantastic competition. You are certainly outdoing yourselves each time.

Being a new vaper as per the amount of time I have been vaping , I am eagerly anticipating VapeCon.

This will be the first time I experience anything like this and am really excited to meet the vendors , witness the lifestyle and the great tricks , promotions and all of the latest and greatest products on the market. The fact that we have so many local vendors and the possibility of international vendors at a Vape Expo in South Africa is nothing short of amazing and a testament to the incredible community we find ourselves interacting with on a daily basis at ECIGSSA.

Further to the products and displays , is the opportunity to meet all the great new friends we have made online. ECIGSSA has brought together friends from across the country with a mutual love for vaping. Often relationships are developed online that never materialise into an actual physical meeting. The chance to kick back , have a beer and enjoy the day of putting faces to names is exciting , even for someone socially awkward like me.

VapeCon is going to be huge , not only for me , but for vaping and the vaping community as a whole. VC will further develop our love for vaping and will play a big role in introducing new people to vaping be it as a hobby or means of quitting smoking.

:)

@shaunnadan thanks for the chance to edit.

Last edited:
What i'd love to see is how many people can get together and blow one huge ass cloud!!!! This needs to be one for the records tho...

Make a big circle and create a weather changing cloud, now that would be something spectacular!!!

Unfortunately I wont be able to be there, hopefully there will be a live stream from vapecon for everyone not attending to watch :) (hint hint)

Enjoy your time there and def the next one I will be there!!!

I am most stoked about being in an environment conducive to vaping, learning from all the members there, seeing all the latest mods, tanks, and e-juices available. I suppose it will be a massive jol, and a huge learning curve for a newbie vaper like myself, which I am super stoked for :headbang:

I'm mostly excited for the cloud comp! It'll be amazing to see all the talent under one huge roof. SA has some massive lungs. Tricks are cool too then it's gonna be awesome checking out all the different vendors, and friends I've made on the forum but haven't met yet. Quite exciting. The time to chill and Vape with you guys is almost there! So hang in, this is gonna be amazing. We're gonna need some Vape models too btw. I know @Paulie can organize a few for the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to meet up with all the brilliant members, that have made my life here so much more fun ( @Stosta , @Feliks Karp , @Andre , @Alex , @Greyz )

(Sad to hear you wont make it @Stosta)

It will also be great to match some faces to forum names again... To those that still think I am a beautiful female, please do not come up to me and tell me that I have been CATFISHING on ecigssa.co.za... if you buy me a drink, I wont tell your wife ;)

I was hoping to beat up @Stosta for all the dislikes and disagrees he gives me, but unfortunately that won't be possible now that he isn't attending. So I'll have to settle for bringing along some friends and showing them that that vaping isn't a bunch of hillbillies smoking legal quasi meth by having every angle of every quadrant of this great melting pot of a community under one roof.

I was hoping to beat up @Stosta for all the dislikes and disagrees he gives me, but unfortunately that won't be possible now that he isn't attending. So I'll have to settle for bringing along some friends and showing them that that vaping isn't a bunch of hillbillies smoking legal quasi meth by having every angle of every quadrant of this great melting pot of a community under one roof.
You're lucky! That last comment made me rate "funny" instead of "dislike", but it was close!

Would love to meet up with all the brilliant members, that have made my life here so much more fun ( @Stosta , @Feliks Karp , @Andre , @Alex , @Greyz )

(Sad to hear you wont make it @Stosta)

It will also be great to match some faces to forum names again... To those that still think I am a beautiful female, please do not come up to me and tell me that I have been CATFISHING on ecigssa.co.za... if you buy me a drink, I wont tell your wife ;)
I'm still haunted by the nudes you sent me in exchange for vape gear, I should have known better than to believe there are females on the interwebs...

I can't wait to see and discuss and get tips on building and wicking and rushing home and not sleeping that night trying out all them new builds on all my new drippers I bought that I didn't really need but wanted :)

I just cant wait to hang out with like minded ppl at VapeCon. The person behind the keyboard, to put a face to the name :)

So other than meeting all the great people I've come to know in the past year and a half or so.... Meeting all the vendors who ive given a tough time... Seeing the abundance of gear and juice that will be on sale... Meeting like minded people... Blowing unnecessarily large clouds and waiting in anticipation to see if ive won any prizes on the day...

Ive made it my personal mission to recruit as many smokers (hopefully soon to be ex smokers) and bring them along with me to vapecon. I plan to introduce them to this world which we have come to love, and to prove to them that its not just a passing phase. Or that we dont just do it to 'be cool'. That for the majority of us its about chosing a healthier lifestyle... A cleaner one. One that will better our remaining years for both us and our family. So far my tally is sitting at 8 people. Hopefully by the time vapecon arrives that number would have increased exponentially.

hehehe, i read the fine print. good luck gents :p

I can't wait for VapeCon 2016.
My knowledge is so limited an I have little experience. VapeCon will give me the opportunity to ask questions and see how the experts do things. Learn from the best and meet the people from this forum.
I am bringing friends and family to introduce them to vaping. Maybe we an win some gear for them.
There are so many vendors that I have not interacted with. It is going to be awesome to be able to see all their product under one roof and buy what I need (and some more :aaaaa:) on the spot.
I can't wait to taste all the different juices that all these juice makers have to offer. I expect to find great juice at huge discounts ;-)
And then I would especially like to shake the hand of @VapeSnow who gave me the recipe of my second favorite ADV Creamy Mint http://www.ecigssa.co.za/looking-for-minty-recipe.t23169/#post-369660

Thanks for putting this together ECIGSSA.

I am so looking forward to the future. Myself...this year... I wont be at Vapecon but every single year this happens we get more exposure.

More people learn about vaping. More people accept it and more people change over from smoking.

This is incredibly exciting. Soon with enough growth and enough exposure we might have episodes of vapecon all over the country where we recruit even more vapers and the industry grows exponentially.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Well, honestly. I am excited to experience what it is like to got a Vape Con, I have been to many other different types of cons but never a vape con.
See how the stores do their layouts, the type of discounts they provide, any sort of competitions they run, the type of people who show up and how many, new product releases, as well as being around like minded people and possibly even making new friends!

That being said, I reckon we need to create an "Ecigs SA forum meet" at Vape Con where we can all get together and meet each other there. That'll be pretty wicked! :D

I guess to sum it up, I am looking forward to the whole experience, considering it will be a brand new experience for me :D

EDIT: @shaunnadan it states that the 3 winners will be chosen by the admin, but then below it states they will be chosen at random?

As per usual what i look forward to most is sharing the day with like minded people and people that all share a love for vaping.
And then something that has not been said before is FREEBIES!!!! ( i just had to :p )
Its always nice to get something or see people that need it more get setup and guided in the right direction

Having all the vendors under the same roof! No shipping costs when making purchases :campeon::banana:

Last year I came in with a full vape bag and had to make multiple trips to the car, I was basically shipping to myself in the car park . lol

Back