ECIGSSA Comp 6 - Vaping Has Saved My Life! - (Sir Vape, House of Vape, Vapers Corner)

shaunnadan

somewhere in the clouds....
VIP
LV

Awards
maxresdefault.jpg

ECIGSSA Competition 6 - Vaping Has Saved My Life!
--- sponsored by Sir Vape & House of Vape & Vapers Corner ---

--- closing date - 10 March 2017 ---
We are very excited to start our first competition of 2017 for the members of ECIGSSA!

In light of the recent bad publicity vaping has received in the media, the public's perception on vaping has been dampened that it's very unsafe. Let's try turn that around by showing people how much of a positive influence vaping has had on our lives!

It will be great to hear from vapers their positive thoughts on vaping and see a picture of them sharing a positive message. Get creative, make a sign on a big sheet of cardboard or create something great to visually get your message across. Something that will be remembered.

What you need to do to win
  • Post a picture of a positive message with regards to vaping
  • Tell us how "Vaping has made your life a whole lot better!"
  • Tag one friend from the forum to enter
It would be highly appreciated if you share it on as many social platforms as you can with the www.ecigssa.co.za and the hashtag #ecigssa

Prizes

We are delighted to announce that the sponsors of prizes for this sixth competition are Sir Vape , House of Vape and Vapers Corner. Thank you for taking part as sponsors and we are lucky to have such great and generous vendors as part of this forum.

banner-2-jpg.57166

houseofvape-jpg.57563

vapers-corner-jpg.57261

Prize from Sir Vape
  • 4 x 30ml Bottles of Juice
  • 2 x 50ml Bottles of Juice
  • 1 x SV Cap
  • 1 x Tongue Twisters
  • 1 x SV Vape Mat
  • 2 x SV Battery Cases
  • 2 x SV Vape Bands
  • Free shipping within SA

Prize from House of Vape
  • 1x Got cookies 180ml (international)
  • 1x Pure Ten 50ml
  • 1xPure lush 50ml
  • 1x 60ml Baccy man
  • 10x HOV vape bands
  • Free shipping within SA
Prize from Vapers Corner
  • R1,500.00 Vapers Corner online voucher

Closing Date and Competition Rules
  • The competition will close on Friday 10th March 2017 at 5pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • One entry per person
  • The Admin & Mod Team will pre-select 10 entrants based on: Effort, Originality and Message
  • The Three winners will be randomly drawn from the 10 that the Admin & Mod Team have chosen.
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition however members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. We may consider widening this over time. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.

enter-now.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent @shaunnadan !
:campeon:

This is going to be very exciting to watch as it unfolds

210113819_1368418666.jpg

Vaping has made me quit smoking for good after 10 years, it feels great to breath again. After every cloud of vape and great flavor i can smell everything again. No breaks to go out in the cold or heat to go have a stinky anymore. NO time wasted to spend with my children because i have a craving of a stinky. No risk of toxic second hand smoke to my family. I smell great and no one complains of the stank that lingers on me of a cigarette. I can run around without being out of breath, can spend more time with my family. I have made alot of new friends with vaping and get to go out more and spend time with all of them at meets. every cigarette i dont smoke gives me one more day with my family! Vaping has changed my whole future.

@boxerulez

65e0ddfd572ebb5486a3240b35d4dcf0.jpg

Vaping not only brought back my sensual faculties (smell and taste), but it also got rid of all my excess cashflow which used to burn a hole right through my pocket.

On a serious note I can now walk 5km without collapsing, I enjoy food and drink, and all of life so much more and my snoring has decreased since I started vaping.

@Lukeness

images

Vaping has made my life a lot better in so many ways!

• I feel so much better physically! I can smell, and walk around a lot more than I used to without losing my breath. I can now look forward to doing physical activities again!
  • My choices are so much wider! I love pairing my vapes with my foods or beers!
  • Vaping introduced me to this forum, which has given me the chance to make new friends and meet up with people that I have become closer to than I could ever have belive!
  • Chicks dig vapers!

@Schnappie

SHARED! :--)

how vaping saved my life well for starters i stopped smoking the stinkys and started vaping best feeling ever i dont have the smokers cough anymore or that really shait after taste smokes gave you no vaping is the best thing that has ever happened to me i got me to know more people and get to know other vapers and got me to do more things outside of my house since im a social retard lol Vaping changed me

Attachments

• vape.png
    vape.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Comp.jpg

Why would you want to leave earlier from all that which makes you a happier person?
Why would you defy the logic of your own mind?
Why would you want to be controlled by a plant?

Makes no sense and it took me 23 years to realize this. I am so thankful i found vaping so that i would not have to answer to the above mentioned questions. I feel better, smell better, focus better and taste better. I cannot be sure that it will save my life but vaping most certainly improved the quality of my life.

@hands

Ey guys i decidede to do a story and yes the spelling in this story is horid but its part of it COZ OF THE WAY MOST PEOPLE SEE VAPERS AND THINK OF VAPEING a s a new horrid trent going around while in the mean time it actually saves lifes,helps in makeing new frends all the vapers ive met became my frends.Its not a horid creation that people like to label it but yet a new way of getting to live healthy and be more active and..Thanx to vapeing ile be getting more years of joy with loved ones and spend more time on this epic
86854-223d85605a92a2254559d6ab6580f764.jpg
forum.And many thanx for @Constantbester for teaching me the ways of the vape thats why you are my tag.And will have my greatest thanx for getting me of stinkies something i never needed

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    47 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Wowzors! So far the current entries have awesome odds of winning a really epic prize!!! I'm contemplating handing in my modship just to get a crack at this! :eek:

Wowzors! So far the current entries have awesome odds of winning a really epic prize!!! I'm contemplating handing in my modship just to get a crack at this! :eek:

Quite right @Stosta - the odds are looking very good at this stage ;-)

Just a reminder, there are some awesome prizes to be won in this competition. Check out the original post at the top for more details.

Here is the awesome voucher being put up by @Vapers Corner

image.jpg

58b7b858db70bef0c2008f49e9575f9d257aa9ed02511.jpg

My wife and I have been smoking since 16, we both 36 now, thats 20 years of poison.

I bought my wife a iJust 2 s and she stopped smoking straight away. its been a month for both of us. My wife's asthma has totally gone, we both have enough energy to get out in to nature and be fit while still enjoying the most amazing flavors in vaping.

Vaping Has Saved My Life!

VAPING SAVED 2 LIVES and I owe this all to my friend and ECIGSSA member Arno Steyn, who helped me, guided me and convinced me to Vape and stop smoking.

Best decision of my life, we both feel healthier, our house smells amazing :) and food tastes soooo much better.

Thank you vapors and thank your to ECIGSSA @Arno "NoxFord" Steyn for introducing me to vaping and helping me all the way

Last edited:
savemylife.jpg
How vaping changed my life,some may not understand this but since I started smoking cigarettes in school,my parents never ever actually caught me smoking,they would smell it on me and found my boxes everywhere but I would never smoke infront of them out of respect.

Many of us know the horrible smell cigarretes leave behind,and that was the reason why I would never hug my mother after I smoked,i would just greet her verbally,because she would shout me and be disappointed in me,long story short,I started vaping,I hug my mother every time I see her,no more worries of her getting that horrid smell,thats just 1 way vaping has changed my life,to me vaping has only positives and smoking has only negatives! Thank you

Tagging @Clouds4Days

7fe7b8fdf4c6c2abbeaa241d9b36c439.jpg

So I never smoked - fortunately.
However my girlfriend did when I met her. We all know that cigs smell bad, tastes bad, the ash is messy and they are expensive and anything but good for you. So after some research, got her vaping and she no longer smokes! Yippeeeee! :D

@Firefly96

1d68tg.jpg

Deaths-from-Smoking.jpg

I am living proof that vaping saves lives.

My pulmonologist had been badgering for more than 15 years to stop smoking. In January 2015, my lung function dropped from 77% in the previous year (2014) to just 47%. That's a decrease of 30% in just 1 year!!! He recommended that I go out and buy a Twisp (that was the only vaping device that was known to him at the time) so off I went to the nearest mall with a twisp kiosk.

I "played around" with the device for a month or so and then put it away (in a cool dark place ;)). In March 2016 (more than a year later) I really started feeling the effects of smoking more than 60 a day. I suffered from shortness of breathe, smokers cough, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes to name but a few. I had skipped my annual lung function test (usually January of every year when the medical aid benefits are renewed) out of fear of the latest lung function results.

So, on the 15th March 2016 (almost a year ago), I took out the twisp (that had been steeping for more than a year :D) and the rest as they say, is history. Six months later when I eventually went for my annual lung function test, my lung function had improved from 47% to 90%. That's an increase of more than 40% in only 6 months!!!

So, thank you to my dearly departed twisp (it was recently pif'ed to another forum member) for saving my life and I can honestly say that I am one of the billion lives that can be saved.

@Huffapuff

Last edited:
Reading these entries is just.... amazing!!
Congrats to all the entrants so far
Lets make this thread something great

96e9feaf83ee5fbef344b477c1127079.jpg

I will start with a bit of background to the story. I started smoking in Standard 7 while waiting for the bus in the afternoons. This was all good and well until in 1999 I developed bad asthma. At this stage I was well beyond a pack a day.

Fast Forward 16 years, and I just bought my first Twisp E-Cigarette. I've done all my research and surprisingly there's a lot of info out there. Smoked the Twisp with some success for about 3 months then went back to stinkies.

Then 3 years ago I decided to give it another go. I've found some awesome research done on it and have proven to myself that it is waaaaay better for my health than cigarettes and I still get the Nicotine. So I bought my first mod and rta kit. Fired it up and oh my ... this is much different. I get the same throat feeling as when smoking and don't crave cigarettes as much. Of course when you try to make a change in your life something comes over your path to hinder that. Enter personal issues. I was smoking and vaping for almost 2 years. Then Dec 2016 I decided this is it. I'm throwing out the stinkies. Guess what ... On the 1st Jan 2017 I was admitted to the emergency room with a massive asthma attack. Did the EKG and blood tests and all were clear. Was just a hectic one.

So I decided to have one cig in the morning when I wake up and another before bed. Rest of the time it's just vape.

Finally got an appointment at a Pulminologist today 2 Mar 2017. Lung function is equal to a non smoker. Unfortunately I will still need to do the two cigs a day until my asthma relaxes and then I can drop another one.

But getting that result today was awesome. Normal lung function after approx 20 years smoking. Just need to drink a pill in the afternoon to keep the asthma under control.

I could not have come this far if it wasn't for vapeing. Thanyou everyone that makes this possible and for this forum for bringing all of us together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a9541a6e7f960d98571f94fadf459d6.jpg

About 18 months ago I started waking up with a pain in my chest, I figured it was the smoking, but hey, it went away after a while. Then it took 30 mins to go away, then an hour and then 2 hours. Since I started vaping the chest pains have gone away completely, my lungs fill up with air more fully and I can breathe deeper. I can smell properly again, I can taste properly again, my fingers have gone back to normal finger color, my clothes have gone back to smelling clean and fresh and best of all, I feel great.

@Rude Rudi

So here is my story.

I started very young for some reason. My cousin taught me to smoke. I thought that I'm the coolest kid around and I never wanted to quit.
Saw my grandfather and uncle get emphysema and die a slow death. Still didn't want to quit. A couple of years later and many thousands of cigarettes later i started to feel the effects. Climbing stairs was a hassle and i had to catch my breath some times. Morning coughs and phlegm was a every day thing for me. Felt I needed to quit for fear of going the same road as my family members.

Started vaping a couple of months back after visiting the newly opened vape shop in my town. Bought a Ijust2 and never looked back.
The last cigarette i smoked was the one I finished before entering the shop.

Attachments

• Vaping saved my life.jpg
    Vaping saved my life.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 30
I felt it appropriate to quote a fellow greek.

x8.jpg.pagespeed.ic.a5b8jA36bZ.jpg

Thanks to vaping:

- I smell great
- My car doesn't stink
- No more coughing in the morning.
- No more waking up with a heavy chest.
and best of all... My sense of taste and smell are better than ever!!

Tagging @Kalashnikov :D

I realize that im far from the minimum required posts to qualify for this competition but i just wanted to add my experience with vaping.
Thanks

felixwashere.jpg
Absolutely nothing I tried could get me off the cigarettes, they were engraved deep in to my biology as well as my mind, I started quite late in life and they didn't seem to ever get in the way, until one day they did. A spate of supernatural level bad luck started and I began to smoke more, they made me feel worse and the stress started to grow, so did the smoking and thus began a negative feedback loop that left me feeling like a complete wreck. Through a series of events I started on my vape journey, and six months later (ironically?) I developed liver disease and diabetes, if I was still smoking or had tried to quit while these diseases were presenting themselves I have no doubt that I would have made them ten times worse. They are both in the early (touch wood) days of remission (due in part to advice I got from some members here), so vaping literally saved my life.

Thanks fam for this lit AF comp.

@BumbleBee @Greyz

Why smell like an ashtray when you can vape and smell like a blueberry cheese cake :)
vaping-vs-smoking-chemical-composition.jpg

Firstly, thank you EcigsSA team for bringing another epic competition to our doorstep :) You guys rock :clap:

Vaping has bettered my life in so many ways, first and fore most is my health which was the first alarm bells ringing in my head, I was a 2 pack a day smoker, my cough was terrible. Mornings, it sounded like a mythical beast would awake, I would cough so much and what would come out of my lungs was disgusting. Even during the day, I would need to clear my throat randomly and with a small cough I would bring up so much phlegm as if I had a permanent cold. It was disgusting to say the least.
Once I started vaping though, that all changed, within the first 3 weeks my lungs opened up, no more phlegm, no more tight chest, no more heavy breathing and best of all, my sense of smell and taste was intensified. I now have no need to use a quarter bottle of Tabasco on my steak, I call this added value, I'm Portuguese, take that with a pitch of salt and bay leaf :-D
Ive also had the privilege of meeting some fantastic people right here at EcigsSA because of vaping. The tips, tricks, reviews and generosity that goes on in the vaping community is second to none, I love being apart of it. And believe it or not, I've actually saved money in my vaping journey, I know with all the new devices that is a hard thing to do but I'm the proof in the pudding, it can be done :)

I'm currently vaping for 2years 7mths and loving every moment of it :h:

Love you all, stay awesome EcigsSA:ciao:

leolites-ecig-advert-banned.jpg

Mr Troll master @Effjh :giggle: , I think you should get in on this ;-)

Back