ECIGSSA Comp 7 - Let's have a Laugh! (Wiener Vape Co, Retro Vape Co)

shaunnadan

somewhere in the clouds....
VIP
LV

Awards
WgizcITRQNeex5jDryxq_icon2.png

ECIGSSA Competition 7 - Let's Have a Laugh!
--- sponsored by Wiener Vape Co & Retro Vape Co ---

--- closing date - 30 June 2017 ---​

We are very excited to start our next competition for the members of ECIGSSA!

We have all had one of those days where we do something truly remarkable! Something so colossally silly that all we can do is sit back and have a laugh. Let's try and share those moments so we can all enjoy a good chuckle!

It will be great to hear from vapers what their memorable vaping moments were, the ones that get a good cheer when shared amongst friends and those that bring a tear to their eyes when the story is retold.

What you need to do to win
  • Share a vaping related event that you think deserves a good laugh
  • Tag one friend from the forum to enter

Prizes

We are delighted to announce that the sponsors of prizes for this seventh competition are Wiener Vape Co and Retro Vape Co Thank you for taking part as sponsors and we are lucky to have such great and generous vendors as part of this forum.

ECIGSSA is also going to be donating prizes.

wienervapeco-jpg.95041

retro-vape-co-500-by-351-jpg.96357

Prize from Wiener Vape Co
  • 8 x 100mls of EJuice (1 of each flavour in the range)
  • Wiener Vape Co Cap and T-Shirt
  • Free shipping within SA
20170609_162951.jpg

Prize from Retro Vape Co
  • Retro Line: 1 x Cinful + 1 x Frooyo + 1 x Mojo (30ml)
  • WHOOP: 1 x Whipped 100ml + 1 x Whipped 60ml
  • Free shipping within SA
1.png

Prize from ECIGSSA
  • 2 x VapeCon2017 Tickets
Closing Date and Competition Rules
  • The competition will close on Friday 30th June 2017 at 5 pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • One entry per person
  • The Three winners will be randomly drawn from valid entrants
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition, however, members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors, and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. We may consider widening this over time. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.
EnterNow.png

Last edited:
I was deejaying a wedding a few months back and an old lady approached me just after i started playing Going back west (Boney M)
Thinking she was going to comment on the song she baffled me by asking: "Why do you smoke Mr ?" .
I assume she saw me vaping on the balcony earlier. :)
I replied : "I did smoke but now i vape." She looked disgusted and ,without another word, she scurried back to her table.
Later that evening i was at the bar ordering a beverage and an old man suddenly hit me this question : "Why did you upset my wife?"
I told him i was sorry but i don't see vaping as a problem and showed him my device.
He smiled and then burst out in a euphoric hiccup session which i assumed was laughter.
When he gained control he said the following : " My wife said you were into raping."

You got to respect and appreciate the art of auditory perception while you still have that sense at a healthy level. :)

@hands

Last edited:
So about 2 weeks ago, I was in a taxi in pretoria from menlyn to town.
I sat infront and the driver saw my RX2/3 + Pharaoh RTA and asked me "what on earth is that?"
I said "It's a Vape, an electronic device that helped me stop smoking."
he said "you are lieing, this is that smoke machine that gave me a heart attack."
I asked him what he means and he told me how he once stopped in traffic and ran up to the car infront of him with his extinguisher in hand thinking the car was on fire, and saw a guy making "smoke" and gave him hell as he almost wasted his perfectly good extinguisher.

After a laugh regarding the situation, he proceeded to say "you crazy people and your technology, what happened to a pack of 20?"

Not sure who to tag, but thanks to @shaunnadan @Rooigevaar @Retro Vape Co and Ecigssa for the Great Comp!!!

Was having a chat with an acquaintance who recently converted to vaping. He said he is excited to start saving money now that he quit analogues... I'm still laughing, thinking about his Minikin V2 with Avo 24 setup.

@Baker

Hi all, I'm new to the forum signed up like 2 days ago really enjoying the chats though. This comp seems amazing and i might not be eligible as i don't have 50 posts :/ anyway... still a funny story..

Started vaping a few months ago.. Bought my setup and did not even know how to install coils. My best friend got a vape as well the very next day! Super excited we started building and getting ready to install coils. My bud is burning up his coil and we both so excited and inquisitive on how it's glowing and stuff. Installed the wick soon after my friend was already set up and took the first hit. Still busy with my coil my friends already clouding it up. The next moment i look his direction and a pop occurs and literally a small ball of fire spits out the tip and goes up his nose burning a few nose hairs in the process.. hahaha we looked at each other thinking what the hell is happening and after that could not stop laughing at how sketchy that actually was! Turns out it was the mother of all dry hits and actually combusted the cotton haha. And so we learn from stupidity lol.

Hope you guys enjoyed the story, good luck to the winner! Spit fire guys!!!

Hi all, I'm new to the forum signed up like 2 days ago really enjoying the chats though. This comp seems amazing and i might not be eligible as i don't have 50 posts :/ anyway... still a funny story..

Started vaping a few months ago.. Bought my setup and did not even know how to install coils. My best friend got a vape as well the very next day! Super excited we started building and getting ready to install coils. My bud is burning up his coil and we both so excited and inquisitive on how it's glowing and stuff. Installed the wick soon after my friend was already set up and took the first hit. Still busy with my coil my friends already clouding it up. The next moment i look his direction and a pop occurs and literally a small ball of fire spits out the tip and goes up his nose burning a few nose hairs in the process.. hahaha we looked at each other thinking what the hell is happening and after that could not stop laughing at how sketchy that actually was! Turns out it was the mother of all dry hits and actually combusted the cotton haha. And so we learn from stupidity lol.

Hope you guys enjoyed the story, good luck to the winner! Spit fire guys!!!

Thanks for sharing the story @Rooney-Vapes and welcome to the forum.
Admirable that you guys are still vaping after that episode! Lol

When you get a chance, feel free to introduce yourself at the following thread:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/introduce-yourselves.t24/page-455#post-547356

So about 2 weeks ago, I was in a taxi in pretoria from menlyn to town.
I sat infront and the driver saw my RX2/3 + Pharaoh RTA and asked me "what on earth is that?"
I said "It's a Vape, an electronic device that helped me stop smoking."
he said "you are lieing, this is that smoke machine that gave me a heart attack."
I asked him what he means and he told me how he once stopped in traffic and ran up to the car infront of him with his extinguisher in hand thinking the car was on fire, and saw a guy making "smoke" and gave him hell as he almost wasted his perfectly good extinguisher.

After a laugh regarding the situation, he proceeded to say "you crazy people and your technology, what happened to a pack of 20?"

Not sure who to tag, but thanks to @shaunnadan @Rooigevaar @Retro Vape Co and Ecigssa for the Great Comp!!!

Cheers mate thanks will do! Yeah nah very sketchy for dry hits but vaping nevertheless lol!

My vaping journey, started three years ago, with a TWISP. I was vaping and smoking at that time. Then two years ago I join Ecigssa and got myself a Kanger Subtank kit. Short after that me, my Kanger and some friends went to Kosi Bay for a fishing trip. We stayed ad a nice Lodge with a even "nicer" Bar. The second night returning to our chalet I misjudged myself with the water feature and the whiskey and ended up in the pond. After some laughter and end up SAFE home, i realize that my mod is missing. Now for the fun part. Three guys with "boebpense" went to rescue the Kanger. After about an hour and soaking wet, we went back to the Bar for a nightcap without the "KANGER"
The next morning waking up with one hell of a headache, I went back to the accident scene, and there I saw my mod right in the middle of the shallow pond. What seems like a dam that time of night weren't even bigger than a small bath:blush:. So I took my mod, take it apart went fishing, without going back to stinkies, assemble at night and bobs your uncle.

Happy vaping guys.

@Smok 101 you have been selected sir! It's a competition where you can submit a funny story regarding vapes. Prizes are great give it a shot!

Enjoy the long weekend :party:

My vaping journey, started three years ago, with a TWISP. I was vaping and smoking at that time. Then two years ago I join Ecigssa and got myself a Kanger Subtank kit. Short after that me, my Kanger and some friends went to Kosi Bay for a fishing trip. We stayed ad a nice Lodge with a even "nicer" Bar. The second night returning to our chalet I misjudged myself with the water feature and the whiskey and ended up in the pond. After some laughter and end up SAFE home, i realize that my mod is missing. Now for the fun part. Three guys with "boebpense" went to rescue the Kanger. After about an hour and soaking wet, we went back to the Bar for a nightcap without the "KANGER"
The next morning waking up with one hell of a headache, I went back to the accident scene, and there I saw my mod right in the middle of the shallow pond. What seems like a dam that time of night weren't even bigger than a small bath:blush:. So I took my mod, take it apart went fishing, without going back to stinkies, assemble at night and bobs your uncle.

Happy vaping guys.
@Rob Fisher, give it a shot.

So this last Saturday after a good Friday night, I hopped in the van to head to work (farmer,5:30am), about 6km's into my journey vaping away I suddenly became aware of this severe mist; it was starting to get bad, wipers on and flicking between dim and bright trying to get the optimum visibility, then it hit me, vapour
Needless to say, my window was closed and my ego badly (fortunately privately) bruised!!

Thanks for the comp guys
@Amir

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Not entering but still a funny story for the newbies on the forum :) alot of the old members will remember this one :p

About 3 years ago in my early days of my vaping journey, I'm talking the days of the good old CE5 and the Itaste VV. I was chatting away on the phone as us women do and vaping at the same time, take a drag, ooh my tank is empty, not to worry lets fill it up open the tank and not paying any attention grab one of the many bottles of juice on my table, fill the tank up close it lets have a vape.

Hmmm that's odd nothing is happening, take a look at my vape to see if the battery is dead or something, and oh whats this, my tank is filled with bright red glitter glue...yes I filled my tank with Glitter glue instead of liquid...note in those days there was not much difference between the bottles so it felt like the correct bottle :p

Being the only vapor within my circle of friends, as I know some of you can relate, your device is used the most, yet not a single person will buy their own device (lol this logic always wrecked my brain).

I have this one friend who, after numerous attempts from me trying to educate him, still tells me to do the same thing for him before he uses my device, he's like:

"Bra, put off all the nicotine and the stuff that makes me cough, I just want to make lots of smoke"

I have now given up on And all I do is lower the wattage. and then he says,

"ya now I can smoke Lekka"

Whenever I laugh he says he has no time to learn how we (vapors) talk.

Guess old dogs really can't learn new tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Here's my story.

I make my living as a rep, so I do a lot of driving. I was on route to Clanwilliam from Cape Town, which is about a 2 and half hour drive. So I'm driving along and happily vaping, pumping some tunes. I take the turn off to Clanwilliam and just around the (blind) corner...a road block. Now I should mention that my windows were not open, so I had accumulated quite a cloud in the car. I pull into the roadblock and the officer approaches, so I roll down the window and out comes this massive cloud of vapour. It was about 30 seconds before the officer actually said a word... "Hello Sir, what do we have here?"

She legit thought I was smoking weed and I was hotboxing my car. She was adamant I had weed stashed somewhere in the vehicle. The more I kept on showing and explaining my vape to her, the more skeptical she became. So I took the fattest toot at 100w (burnt my cotton) that my lungs could handle to prove where all the clouds came from. Never seen eyes go so wide so quickly :D

She proceeded to ask ME if it was legal :rofl::rofl:
@BushBaBy

Last edited:
Pulled into the parking lot at a mall, and as it's winter, had windows rolled up but had been hitting the vape pretty hard. When I opened the door tons of clouds poured out. Next thing the car guards comes hauling ass over, wanting to help put out the "fire" I explained that it was just a vape but he kept peering all over the place.

@RichJB

I was sitting at a pub with a guy I had just met for the first time(blind date), and I was vaping my Pico and Estoc tank at 30W, and he was dripping on his Limitless at 120W. We were having a great time, plenty of jokes, and lots of laughs. He was doing his best to impress me and he decided to change juices or check something on my vape for me. For whatever reason he ended up putting my Estoc on his mod, to vape on it a bit. He took a nice long pull, I guess he was going for a huge cloud, but he had made one fatal mistake, he forgot to turn down the power on his mod.

The look on his face was great, and while I was a little concerned I couldn’t stop laughing. Through my laughing I managed to get him a drink and i had to offer him my asthma pump(seriously thought he was going to die), he looked at me through teary eyes, and in between coughing fits he accepted. I guess the taste of burning ceramic coils isn’t for everyone!

I just couldn't stop laughing.. The funniest , yet scariest thing ever.
@Feliks Karp

It was the run up to my first vape meet (1 April 2017)

Anxiety levels were off the charts, I was a bundle of nervous energy. Would the cool kids like me? For that matter would the uncool kids like me? HRH and the royal Princess joined me for the gautrain trip from Rhodesfield to Sandton Station.

We arrived early so we did a quick stroll around Sandton city before heading back to the station.

Brimming with excitement, I boarded my first ever tuk-tuk. The wires sticking out all over the place and the total lack of anything resembling a dashboard were oh so confidence inspiring.

I get settled in and the driver dissappears. Was this a remote controlled device maybe? Some sort of prototype drone-tuk? Eventually the driver returns and fires up the 1 2/3 stroke miss-a-bietjie engine and off we go. No doors, no seat belt and thin fiberglass supports make for a real rear-end puckering ride.

Luckily the driver dropped me off, in one piece, on the other side of the Centre that hosted the news cafe, so my legs had lost most of their wobble by the time I met our esteemed administration team at the entrance to news cafe (oh, @Stosta was there too)

Fun was had, I got to meet IRL many of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading (and @Feliks Karp too), the jhb diy club won most of the prizes and I won a mod and bought an rdta.

I decided to walk back to my girls. We met up at Nelson Mandela Square and headed off to woolies to get some snacks before heading back to the station. Standing in the queue, arms loaded with munchies, I notice a faint but delightful bakery smell. Wow, someone else in the queue must have bought some fresh out the oven chocolate chip cookies. They smell delish!

Hmm, that chocolate chip smell is getting really overpowering, and why the hell is my pocket getting so warm. Any warmer and my brand new ocular c might get damaged... Oh Sh!t. I hadn't locked the mod properly before putting it in my pocket and it was firing every time I took a step (the importance of appropriate builds for your batteries)

So, moral of the story is always lock your mod before putting it in your pocket, build within maximum CDR for your battery and drip-drops Choc chip cookie really does smell like fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, and I heard somewhere that nicotine degrades faster in VG than PG.

Maybe @Dietz has something funny to share.

It was the run up to my first vape meet (1 April 2017)

Anxiety levels were off the charts, I was a bundle of nervous energy. Would the cool kids like me? For that matter would the uncool kids like me? HRH and the royal Princess joined me for the gautrain trip from Rhodesfield to Sandton Station.

We arrived early so we did a quick stroll around Sandton city before heading back to the station.

Brimming with excitement, I boarded my first ever tuk-tuk. The wires sticking out all over the place and the total lack of anything resembling a dashboard were oh so confidence inspiring.

I get settled in and the driver dissappears. Was this a remote controlled device maybe? Some sort of prototype drone-tuk? Eventually the driver returns and fires up the 1 2/3 stroke miss-a-bietjie engine and off we go. No doors, no seat belt and thin fiberglass supports make for a real rear-end puckering ride.

Luckily the driver dropped me off, in one piece, on the other side of the Centre that hosted the news cafe, so my legs had lost most of their wobble by the time I met our esteemed administration team at the entrance to news cafe (oh, @Stosta was there too)

Fun was had, I got to meet IRL many of the people whose posts I enjoyed reading (and @Feliks Karp too), the jhb diy club won most of the prizes and I won a mod and bought an rdta.

I decided to walk back to my girls. We met up at Nelson Mandela Square and headed off to woolies to get some snacks before heading back to the station. Standing in the queue, arms loaded with munchies, I notice a faint but delightful bakery smell. Wow, someone else in the queue must have bought some fresh out the oven chocolate chip cookies. They smell delish!

Hmm, that chocolate chip smell is getting really overpowering, and why the hell is my pocket getting so warm. Any warmer and my brand new ocular c might get damaged... Oh Sh!t. I hadn't locked the mod properly before putting it in my pocket and it was firing every time I took a step (the importance of appropriate builds for your batteries)

So, moral of the story is always lock your mod before putting it in your pocket, build within maximum CDR for your battery and drip-drops Choc chip cookie really does smell like fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, and I heard somewhere that nicotine degrades faster in VG than PG.

Maybe @Dietz has something funny to share.
Awesome to read @craigb !

Ok - Please Take notice that this is v5.

✅✅06 - ✅CherryH-v5Ⓜ️ x 1
Cherry Blast FW - 9.5%
Ethyl Maltol 10% TFA - 4%
Koolada 10% TFA - 1.5%
Menthol TFA - 0.2% - 4 Drops
Super Sweet CAP - 1.35%
65/35 - 1 Week

V1 was

A simple cherry menthol, reminds me of those Cherry Halls

40/60 PG/VG ratio
FW Cherry Blast - 8%
TFA Menthol - 2%
TFA Koolada - 2%
Ethyl Maltol - 2%
View attachment 42047
Becoming an ADV for me in these hot summer days
Ready on a day steep, after a lukewarm bath and Ultra Sonic treatment (30min)

So - I had started DIY and decided to put this together - and - on ELR I loaded Menthol TFA at 2%

When mixing - on the scale - I loaded 2mg - and did not realize this.

On Christmas Day 2016 - after setting up my new Wotofo Sapor V2 22mm Dual Coil RDA - eager to show my wife my new aquired "DIY Skills" - sitting next to pool - it was time to vape my Cherry Halls....

I thought the RDA had turned into a mini Flame Thrower - I dropped my mod & RDA between my legs onto my chair - lost my breath completely - instantly stood up - then began a fit of coughing and slowly tilted towards the edge of the pool - my wife - after hearing the initial cough - thought I was clearing my throat - looked at me - thought I was joking around - and started laughing so much that she sat back down on her chair as I fell into the pool....absolutely crazy - I seriously thought that I had blown the back of my head - things calmed down eventually.

After discussions with Acorn and KZOR - I eventually identified my mistake - what a Frikken Throat Hit.

Thank You @KZOR for helping me understand Menthol.

Ok - Please Take notice that this is v5.

✅✅06 - ✅CherryH-v5Ⓜ️ x 1
Cherry Blast FW - 9.5%
Ethyl Maltol 10% TFA - 4%
Koolada 10% TFA - 1.5%
Menthol TFA - 0.2% - 4 Drops
Super Sweet CAP - 1.35%
65/35 - 1 Week

V1 was

So - I had started DIY and decided to put this together - and - on ELR I loaded Menthol TFA at 2%

When mixing - on the scale - I loaded 2mg - and did not realize this.

On Christmas Day 2016 - after setting up my new Wotofo Sapor V2 22mm Dual Coil RDA - eager to show my wife my new aquired "DIY Skills" - sitting next to pool - it was time to vape my Cherry Halls....

I thought the RDA had turned into a mini Flame Thrower - I dropped my mod & RDA between my legs onto my chair - lost my breath completely - instantly stood up - then began a fit of coughing and slowly tilted towards the edge of the pool - my wife - after hearing the initial cough - thought I was clearing my throat - looked at me - thought I was joking around - and started laughing so much that she sat back down on her chair as I fell into the pool....absolutely crazy - I seriously thought that I had blown the back of my head - things calmed down eventually.

After discussions with Acorn and KZOR - I eventually identified my mistake - what a Frikken Throat Hit.

Thank You @KZOR for helping me understand Menthol.

Menthol: providing entertainment for our loved ones since DIY started

A while back i was taking my youngest brother to work (he started work at 05h30) and my other younger brother drove with, he needed my car for the day... so there was the three of us, parking off in a small hatchback car, in a factory parking lot, 20 mins early (i hate being late for anything) all three just sitting and chilling with brotherly banter going around. Now baring in mind that this was middle winter, minus 3 if I remember correctly. So brother 2 (aged 21) was on his rx200 vaping at 120w, me on a tarot at 100w and brother one on a ijust. So up came the idea, lets hotbox the car... so sweet, all in... we start doing nice long hard lung hits, all having a jol... after about 10mins of this (all windows closed) we realise that we cant even see the display on the dashboard in the car, my brother to my right is missing in fog, and the one at the back looks like a gorilla in the mist. I jokingly remarked that if anyone sees this, my youngest brother will definitely be doing a drug test that day... at that exact same moment, we hear a knock on the window, all worried, i roll the window down, and so half see a security guard, his reaction a solid assus. So we open all three doors, vapor just rolling out of the car like a snoop dog music video, he starts laughing historically, as do four other okes ( who have apparently been standing there for 5 mins). We get out, the looks all round of amazement and laughter, tooks us quite a while to explain that we were vaping, and not doing a Bob Marley in the car. Lil brother did do a drug test that day, and brother 2 and I had to drive 2km with open windows in the freezing cold, just so we can (check waar ons gan)

I have a few funny stories but the one I'll share today is the first time I had a silver so about 3 years ago I got my first mod , a nemesis and plume veil rda .

One afternoon I was at home With my brother and two friends busy vaping twisp rebel 18 mg so I'm busy vaping taking small hits and longer hits blowing some clouds for them .

After a while I was feeling confident and said let me take a long pull and blow a huge cloud for you guys so I take my huge pull and as I'm blowing my cloud I started coughing continuously and ended up on the floor sweating and coughing not knowing what hit me because everything around me was spinning .

My brother and my friend are also lost in confusion because at first they couldn't stop laughing at me because I tried showing off but afterwards when I couldn't stop they got worried and started bringing me water and checking if I'm okay and what I do I need and what's wrong .

@kelly22

Back