ESG Skyline RTA

Takie

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

So @Rob Fisher and I met this weekend and he wanted me to start posting about High-End Equipment on the forum. What an awesome man to chat to...

After many years of experience in the e-cig world eSmokeGuru decide to create the Skyline a rebuildable atomizer, which was developed and produced in Hellas (Greece).

The Skyline combining high quality materials, simplicity, functionality and outstanding performance. There are two variations of the tank - that being the MTL (Mouth to Lung) and DLH (Direct Lung Hit). This at the moment with that of the Hussar are two of the most sought after tanks in the High-End market.

Now I know most of you are used to your general Youtube reviews such as Nick (GrimmGreen), Rip etc etc. In the high-end market two gentlemen stand out and that is "A bloody good vape" and "Todd reviews". Todd put his review of the Skyline a couple of hours ago and I thought it would be a good way to start getting the community familiar with HE vaping.

I know most of you will be shocked at the price, but it retails for €175.00 and as per the high-end market very difficult to get your hands on as, as it comes online for sale the product is sold out in a couple of minutes.

Here are some pics of the atty and link to the YouTube video:

sky2_ok.jpg

sky_100_2.jpg

Thanks a mil!
Takie

Quality is in the eye of the beholder and in terms of the 8 (if i recall correctly) dimensions of quality this one ticks the wrong boxes on the list. Seems aimed at the "Top Billing" segment of the market. At that price I would require a lot more substance to even take a second look.

Quality is in the eye of the beholder and in terms of the 8 (if i recall correctly) dimensions of quality this one ticks the wrong boxes on the list. Seems aimed at the "Top Billing" segment of the market. At that price I would require a lot more substance to even take a second look.

I think once you try a HE tank you will understand the level of difference there is between commercial and high-end. It truly is worlds apart. The normal South African community knows the DotMod items to be the "best". A Dotmod product would be a 3/10 next to this.

Welcome to the forum @Takie
Was good to meet you on the weekend and I enjoyed our chat

There is a shortage of good flavour good quality mouth to lung rebuildable tanks in my opinion
So am interested in the mouth to lung aspects of this one ;-)

Just watched Todds review
Thanks for sharing @Takie

This intrigues me - so sad they dont give both the MTL and lung hit decks for it
Sounds like my kind of tank - 1 ohm - 20 watts - hehe

I just chatted to the owner of eSmokeGuru and the designer of the ESG Skyline RTA and I have one on it's way by DHL! :b1:

Getting both decks for it! MTL and DLH!

I just chatted to the owner of eSmokeGuru and the designer of the ESG Skyline RTA and I have one on it's way by DHL! :b1:

Getting both decks for it! MTL and DLH!

Awesome @Rob Fisher !!
Tell us more. What did you chat to them about?

Looking forward to hearing about this when you get it and have used it!

Or maybe not.... Am worried this is going to create major Fomo

Awesome @Rob Fisher !!
Tell us more. What did you chat to them about?

Looking forward to hearing about this when you get it and have used it!

Or maybe not.... Am worried this is going to create major Fomo

It was a short chat because he is really busy as the first 50 Skylines are heading out to lucky buyers who managed to get onto a list... luckily I have a mate who knows the chap well and was kind enough to get me direct access to him and he graciously added me to the list of first recipients on the planet. From the reviews this (along with the Hussar) are really special tanks... I'll tell you next week when mine arrives. :p

It was a short chat because he is really busy as the first 50 Skylines are heading out to lucky buyers who managed to get onto a list... luckily I have a mate who knows the chap well and was kind enough to get me direct access to him and he graciously added me to the list of first recipients on the planet. From the reviews this (along with the Hussar) are really special tanks... I'll tell you next week when mine arrives. :p

This is going to be just great Rob
Thanks!

My wallet is getting nervous already - but at least they are not going to be easy to get - so I am pretty safe for now...

This is going to be just great Rob
Thanks!

My wallet is getting nervous already - but at least they are not going to be easy to get - so I am pretty safe for now...

Yip my guess is your wallet is safe for at least a few months. :D

And I also have a Hussar in bound and I have high hopes for that as well. :p

The quest for the perfect setup continues!

Yip my guess is your wallet is safe for at least a few months. :D

And I also have a Hussar in bound and I have high hopes for that as well. :p

The quest for the perfect setup continues!

Very very exciting!!
This is going to be amazing

One can listen to lots of international reviews but when its here on SA soil its a different story!

Okay its nice,but for that price,that thing should be able to wipe my arse too,but to the inexperienced they all the same I guess,pretty sure they are worlds apart.

What just catches me is you can only do so much in respect of design and engineering,where else does the difference in quality come from then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay its nice,but for that price,that thing should be able to wipe my arse too,but to the inexperienced they all the same I guess,pretty sure they are worlds apart.

What just catches me is you can only do so much in respect of design and engineering,where else does the difference in quality come from then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same argument as Beetle vs Ferrari... they both take you to the shop to get bread and milk... so why not just buy a Beetle?

I think once you try a HE tank you will understand the level of difference there is between commercial and high-end. It truly is worlds apart. The normal South African community knows the DotMod items to be the "best". A Dotmod product would be a 3/10 next to this.
I have always been a sort of gear head in my endeavors and back in my days of playing bass in many bands I asked the question of whether a high end bass,say a Fedora which starts around $4,000 is that much better than say a Fender or Carvin? Properly set up both sound and feel great and you could never tell what someone was playing with your eyes shut.Mosty it was about aesthetics,it couldn't make one a better musician.That said I still would like to own the Fedora just cause of the beauty and craftsmanship but realistically they were both wood and wires and in regard to the Skyline is it $150.00 better than a Petri?Just saying cause if money was no object I'd probably be first in line for one.

Back