Explain Your Avatar

johan

VIP
LV

Awards
Let's start this: Why did you choose/like your particular avatar, and/or explain your avatar, or do you have a question about another member's particular avatar. PS: Please keep it fun, clean and non-derogatory.

I will start by asking @Heckers: please explain your choice in your avatar?

Let's start this: Why did you choose/like your particular avatar, and/or explain your avatar, or do you have a question about another member's particular avatar. PS: Please keep it fun, clean and non-derogatory.

I will start by asking @Heckers: please explain your choice in your avatar?

Mine is a character from a game called Team Fortress 2, in this screenshot he makes a facial expression.
I just thought it looks funny....the look on his face indicates such happiness and satisfaction, like he is looking at something that is just so awesome and amazing!

Mine is a character from a game called Team Fortress 2, in this screenshot he makes a facial expression.
I just thought it looks funny....the look on his face indicates such happiness and satisfaction, like he is looking at something that is just so awesome and amazing!

Thanks for the explanation, I'm not into games at all, reason for my curiosity.

Thanks for the explanation, I'm not into games at all, reason for my curiosity.

I have been playing games for around 25 years now. It is my main hobby and source of entertainment.
I have made quite a lot of friends by playing games online, in a way it is similar to a forum like this where you meet people with similar interests like you.

My avatar is a photo I took of the Colosseum in Rome a few years ago.
I spent many hours trying to take a good photo there - right through sunset and into the evening.

Then while walking back to the hotel, I saw this pic (from the other side of the iconic building), mounted my little camera on the hand railing to keep it still and it turned out to be the best one of the lot. Very unexpected.

It reminds me to expect the unexpected...

mine is pic-ception

a pic within a pic of myself and my wife

Mine is just a pritty pic of vapor in the form of a flower :D And I'm on the look out for a new one ;)

I'm a Reonut and the North American Porcupine is a symbol of REO's as Robert O' Neil the owner of Reosmods has a family of these porcupines on his property.

image.jpg Mine is just a pic of one of my many scaly babies, she is a year old giant day gecko and lives in my first ever attempt at a fully live vivarium.

Haha I have no idea what that is

That's a high-tech flowers living off e-juice! Just joking - its actually a colour changing LED light with a ceramic transducer in the centre, you pour a bit of water inside the centre and it creates a mist like effect.

Isnt it an ultrasonic oil burner/incense thingy?

You get them as well with a ceramic heat pad in the centre, you pour some essential or perfumed oil in there and the whole room smells like ... erm .... a perfume factory.

You get them as well with a ceramic heat pad in the centre, you pour some essential or perfumed oil in there and the whole room smells like ... erm .... a perfume factory.
Thats brilliant, love gimmicky electronic stuff like that. But Johan you havent explained your avatar yet, unless that very suave looking genlteman is actually you in person?
Lol if its some famous person forgive me, media other than journal articles and this forum are a bit abstract from my life at the moment.

@Danny it's a look-a-like of me (or so I wish), Leonard Cohen; singer, writer of lyrics, poetry and novels - he is just almost 30 years older than I am. I adore his humble personality, his music and the honest stuff he writes. One of the reasons why I've chosen this photo for an avatar is because I also wear a Trilby hat, and goes nowhere without it. I had the privilege to attend 2 of his concerts, 1 in Dublin and 1 in London.

@Danny it's a look-a-like of me (or so I wish), Leonard Cohen; singer, writer of lyrics, poetry and novels - he is just almost 30 years older than I am. I adore his humble personality, his music and the honest stuff he writes. One of the reasons why I've chosen this photo for an avatar is because I also wear a Trilby hat, and goes nowhere without it. I had the privilege to attend 2 of his concerts, 1 in Dublin and 1 in London.

See its like I have been living under a rock since I was born. Love the trilby hat myself too, except mine tend to get stolen all too often

See its like I have been living under a rock since I was born. Love the trilby hat myself too, except mine tend to get stolen all too often

Get a good walking stick with the next hat, tends to limit theft :D

:O I always thought it was you

Back