Flat Top Reo Grand

Genosmate

Reo's For me
LV

Awards
I notice that on ECF guys post work in progress photos,so I thought I'd do the same here.
I've been wanting to sculpt/carve a Grand for a while and I don't have an SL,and also I got an Odin from Andre which I really like.Long story short I thought I'd try and do my own SL design.This one has no catch cup and no 510 connector (so the Odin will be its dedicated atty)and the button will be very low profile as well.This ones going to get a door finished with some patina lookalike,
IMG_0642.jpg IMG_0644.jpg IMG_0648.jpg

ooh man that's cool. wip pics is always cool to see. i think the flat top is a winner

speechless. apart from what ive just said now.

Wow - that really looks stunning @Genosmate
Love the way the vertical cutouts look - I think it looks better than the normal SL style.
And no catchcup means its a bit shorter and more compact.
Super

Thanks for the very kind comments.I could of offset the bushing for the Odin so the door would slide past it but I know Rob has OCD and it's given him something to look at:rofl:

Thanks for the very kind comments.I could of offset the bushing for the Odin so the door would slide past it but I know Rob has OCD and it's given him something to look at:rofl:

Look awesome!
You beat me to something I wanted to do as well.

What you could do if you really wanted the Odin to sit flush is lathe down the outside dome a few mm. The cap is quite thick and will handle a slight diet easily.

Awesome stuff dude. As i would like to mod my reo in the future, could you maybe tell me how thick the sides and back wall is please?

Awesome stuff dude. As i would like to mod my reo in the future, could you maybe tell me how thick the sides and back wall is please?
Thanks.Yes I'll let you have the dim's in the morning,if you don't get them please pm and remind me.
Don't know what you are planning but if you want to skim some off the sides it's more the door groove that is the limiting factor.

Back is 4.038mm,sides are 3.040mm.

ha, knew there was a difference between the sides and back.
Cool, thanks a bunch for that. Looks like i have a nice amount of room to play with 8--)
I was quite surprised because a guy on ECF who is a master mod maker and creator,said he took 3.3mm off the sides and the back.Either he had some older mod which was thicker or I didn't read the micrometer properly because he wouldn't be wrong.

Back