Formula 1

Marius Keinhans

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Looking forward to the start of the F1 2022 Season today. Any other F1 or motorsport fans here?
Supported Ferrari for a few years after Vettel went there, but back to Red Bull after Ferrari kicked Vettel out. Maybe I will forgive them someday.
Lets hear from the other F1 fans out there. Who do you support and who do you think are going to do well this year?

Red Bull.jpg

Last edited:
It's not what it used to be at all and the first few races will determine whether or not I cancel my dstv subscription.

It's not what it used to be at all and the first few races will determine whether or not I cancel my dstv subscription.
Cancelled my DSTV 3 years ago and got myself a F1TV subscription for about R80 a month. Much better coverage and optional camera angles like cockpit views etc. It also have coverage of all the support races like F2 and F3 racing as well as the Porsche Cup. When I had DSTV it was only for F1 anyway.

F1 and general motor sport and bike racing fan. Have also raced in Rhodesia and South Africa on bikes. Just enjoy watching and statistics etc. don't interested me much.

What a race. Going to be an epic F1 season. Too bad for Red Bull though, really unlucky with their power unit. They should have used Golisi batteries

OK. Not such a great result for my team, but the racing is looking a lot better. Impressed with Haas and Alfa's performance as well. Looks like the Ferrari engine is going to be the one to beat. Ferrari, Alfa and Haas doing much better than last year.

So any predictions for the Saudi F1 this weekend? Sure hope Red Bull have sorted their problems.
My prediction:
1st: Verstappen
2nd: Leclerc
3rd: Perez

I think it all depends if Red Bull sorts out the fuel pump issues. But Ferrari will be the ones to beat. Their donut shaped car is damn fast

Having said that it could go the other way in, just look at Haas last weekend. First time they scored points since 2020. Adding to that is that new track caused a lot of dnfs last year. Its going to be one hell of a race

Didn't know where to post. Mahem Pretoria 2 Apr 2002. Can hardly see my phone so don't know if the pictures are any good.20220402_144603.jpg20220402_144610.jpg20220402_144611.jpg20220402_144614.jpg20220402_144617.jpg

Australian F1 race weekend.
Any predictions for the weekend.
Must say Ferrari is looking strong again. ;)
Im a "Mad Max" fan but those Ferraris are on a whole different level. Keep your eyes out for Alonso though, After P2 he was right up there......

Im a "Mad Max" fan but those Ferraris are on a whole different level. Keep your eyes out for Alonso though, After P2 he was right up there......
I am a Max fan myself and if he can just combine his best sector times he will be right up there. Alonso and Alpine have been threatening in both previous races, but I don't think they are there yet. I like Alonso and it would be a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for Qualifying tomorrow morning. 8h00 I think. I will be up for 3rd practice at 5h00 though. :checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag:

I am a Max fan myself and if he can just combine his best sector times he will be right up there. Alonso and Alpine have been threatening in both previous races, but I don't think they are there yet. I like Alonso and it would be a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for Qualifying tomorrow morning. 8h00 I think. I will be up for 3rd practice at 5h00 though. :checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag:
As will I. If you are a Red Bull fan you need to check out the Oracle Paddock club. Amazing prizes and rewards for being a member. I recently won a reward for a piece of his 2021 racing suite. Super excited to receive it. https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/projects/loyalty-programme

Honestly i dont care. Just as long as tantrum throwing Hamilton doesnt get a point

P. S. Obviously i would love Max to win, but the Ferraris are just in another league this year. Their power unit is outstanding

I saw today that Hamilton is now mad at FIA due to their no jewelry rule. He refuses to remove his earrings. What a womble

Im actually very excited about Haas this weekend. What a massive change. From dead last last year to ending in the points every race this year so far. Magnussen is very impressive for someone thats been out of F1 for so long. And thats with their main sponsor being removed. Mick will need to pull up his big boy pants this year to show what he is made of. He really screwed up the last race

I was thinking during the last race that most of these drivers act like little children. Mentioned it to a friend and he pointed out that most of them are still children. Spoilt children at that. At least most of them get better as they mature eg. Kimi, Alonso, Vettel, Bottas etc. All except Sir Lewis. Even at 37 he is still behaving like a spoilt teenager.

Im actually very excited about Haas this weekend. What a massive change. From dead last last year to ending in the points every race this year so far. Magnussen is very impressive for someone thats been out of F1 for so long. And thats with their main sponsor being removed. Mick will need to pull up his big boy pants this year to show what he is made of. He really screwed up the last race

Yes, Haas is impressive this year, as is Alfa. Ferrari engine perhaps?

Back